All laptop related queries here!!!

nikufellow

In the zone
i3 and i5 are architecturally same in the mobile market, just that i5 can turbo to higher clockspeeds, get i3+8750, make sure its i3xxxxM and not i3xxxxU, U stands for ULV and that's a cr@p processor.

Significant only when it comes down to single core operations. I.E. for apps/games that utilize only 1 core at a time. THe turbo clocks it upto 3.3Ghz in single core mode.
But when both the cores are in use , they perform on same level .

Thank you both - all confusions solved :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
8750=radeon 7730=nvidia 640gt. Wouldn't that be a better option. Sorry I'm :noob:

this should give you all the answers you want ;-)
AMD Radeon HD 8750M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Hi topgear
is this for me?
also will i5 and 8gb ram required for entertainment only? i3 and 4gb will be enough
any light weights? envy series?

here you go :

HP Envy 6-1011TU
Sony VAIO T14113CN
Sony VAIO SVT13113EN
Lenovo Ideapad U310 (59-341070)
Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN

yes it's for you and why I choose this coz but it has 7 hours battery backup time.

i3 and i5 are architecturally same in the mobile market, just that i5 can turbo to higher clockspeeds, get i3+8750, make sure its i3xxxxM and not i3xxxxU, U stands for ULV and that's a cr@p processor.

thanks for the info.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
With the help of you people decided to go for i3 3G+ Dgpu. Will look into Lenovo Z580. And i read somewhere that Lenovo Z580's Touchpad settings can be changed if one is not comfortable with anywhere touch...?

pratik385

In the zone
here you go :

HP Envy 6-1011TU
Sony VAIO T14113CN
Sony VAIO SVT13113EN
Lenovo Ideapad U310 (59-341070)
Samsung NP350V5C-S01IN

yes it's for you and why I choose this coz but it has 7 hours battery backup time.

Thank you sir, appreciate it :)
I'll visit stores and pick one up 'em..

akii17kr

Journeyman
hello friends,
i have low budget of maximum 35k and want this configuration i5+7670m or other configuration having same performance as above... so i am quietly biased on dell imported Thailand laptops as it will come at cheap price with same configuration .

so here's main question:
i want to know how will dell Thailand imported laptop warranty works in India ??? If I'll be provided with full warranty including everything software and hardware or means like how normal warranty works in India ?? Do i need any invoice or bill any proof of warranty or service tag number is enough?? Is it completely safe to buy these imported laptops ?? Will it come in box packed condition ?? How to avail full 2yr+1yr additional warranty in India if for example i buy this laptop from ebay (there are many dell imported Thailand laptops in ebay this link is just for example)

DELL N5520 - i5-3210M (2.50 GHz, )15.6"/ 4 GB/ 1TB HDD/AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1GB | eBay

Also see this link
In this it is shown that how you can change ownership towards to you from Thailand purchase to make Indian one and avail Indian warranty.
will it work fine ??

DELL WARRANTY TRANSFER (OWNERSHIP TRANSFER) - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

generally i5+7670m combination costs more than 35k...
In India
and recently the hp amd a8 2005ax is back in stock in flipkart for just about 31k
So if it'll be advisable to pay extra 5-6k more for i5+7670m rather than amd a8+7670m or i3+7670m(could get it for 32k)
also hp additional warranty comes at cheaper rate if want to upgrade..

So help me guys.. I am a software engineering student so graphics is must... Rest all entertainment things will use like music, movies, internet etc...
note: need 15.6" screen n avoiding hp just for plastic build quality if g6 as compare to dell at same price

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and recently the hp amd a8 2005ax is back in stock in flipkart for just about 31k
So if it'll be advisable to pay extra 5-6k more for i5+7670m rather than amd a8+7670m or i3+7670m(could get it for 32k)
also hp additional warranty comes at cheaper rate if want to upgrade..

if you get 3rd gen i5 + 7670M @ 35k then this is definitely worth the premium over A8 + 7670M but just be sure about the warranty.

akii17kr

Journeyman
if you get 3rd gen i5 + 7670M @ 35k then this is definitely worth the premium over A8 + 7670M but just be sure about the warranty.
i asked same thing man..
I know i5+7670m is no doubt better.. But by how margin ?
Does extra 4k or 5k work the cost for i5 ??
And please someone put some light on warranty doubt..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i asked same thing man..
I know i5+7670m is no doubt better.. But by how margin ?
Does extra 4k or 5k work the cost for i5 ??
And please someone put some light on warranty doubt..

i meant if the warranty transfer doesn't cost more. and dual GPU cancels out most of the advantage i5 brings so in terms of gaming both will end up delivering same experience.

Need help in buying gaming laptop from Qatar. Anyone having any information or experience regarding laptops in Qatar please help me in the below thread, thanks

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/171652-buying-gaming-laptop-doha-qatar-please-advice.html

akii17kr

Journeyman
i meant if the warranty transfer doesn't cost more. and dual GPU cancels out most of the advantage i5 brings so in terms of gaming both will end up delivering same experience.
I dropped the plan of hp amd one. Its price up by 1.5k in flipkart so is 32k and i can get i3+7670m combination at this price
And check that warranty transfer link..
Its states that it is free...

Hrishi

I dropped the plan of hp amd one. Its price up by 1.5k in flipkart so is 32k and i can get i3+7670m combination at this price
And check that warranty transfer link..
Its states that it is free...

If you are getting I3+7670m at ~32k , its VFM. Go for it.
If you are on a tight budget , then spending extra 4-5k for I5 won't be a good choice if gaming is major concern.

semwal.amit

Broken In
Hiii

I read in this thread that processor modl numbers ending with U are crap and with M and QM are better

like i3-xxxxU

but all ultrabooks with great battery and less weight have U

so how bad are they?

I have budget of 50-60 with no gaming needs

Feature priority: PERFORMANCE > weight> battery

HOW CHEAP ARE LAPTOPS FROM DUBAI. WILL I BE ABLE TO ENJOY WARRANTY IN INDIA

Laptops I shortlisted:

Dell Inspiron 14z

HP Envy 4-1002TX Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB 32GB SSD/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

]| HP® India

HP Pavilion M6-1102TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

[]HP Pavilion M6-1104TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/1TB/Windows 8/2GB Graphics) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

[]HP Pavilion G6-2236TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

[]SVE15138CN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Hrishi

Hiii

I read in this thread that processor modl numbers ending with U are crap and with M and QM are better

like i3-xxxxU

so how bad are they?

Laptops I shortlisted:

Dell Inspiron 14z

HP Envy 4-1002TX Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB 32GB SSD/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

]| HP® India

HP Pavilion M6-1102TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

[]HP Pavilion M6-1104TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/1TB/Windows 8/2GB Graphics) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

[]HP Pavilion G6-2236TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

The models having U suffix in the end are having Ultra low power processors , as such they have lower performance , however their Turbo mode is quite aggresive.
So whenever needed they can turbo to higher clock speed.

akii17kr

Journeyman
If you are getting I3+7670m at ~32k , its VFM. Go for it.
If you are on a tight budget , then spending extra 4-5k for I5 won't be a good choice if gaming is major concern.

Thanks...
What if you know about that warranty concern i've asked about for dell imported Thailand laptop....any clues for it ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've read about the ownership transfer but still the procedure looks kinda funny and AFAIK ( well, I may be wrong ) you need to have a bill of the laptop purchased in Thailand unless the model has global warranty support.

Hiii

like i3-xxxxU

so how bad are they?

Laptops I shortlisted:

Dell Inspiron 14z

]| HP® India

get this one ( link ) the second last laptop in your list and you don't need to worry about U or M and Dual core and Turbo ... this 4 core beast offers freaky performance.

akii17kr

Journeyman
@topgear
If anyone on this forum has never buyed an dell imported thailand laptop ??
Can somebody share your experience please ....
I really need clarification on it..

arian29

In the zone
I was looking for the Dell XPS 13, Developer Edition. Not sure if it is available in india.

Contact the Dell support through chat.. but lame response :(

12:36:48 PM Customer ####
Initial Question/Comment: Enquiry
12:36:54 PM System System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
12:36:54 PM System System
Connected with Ratish_k
12:36:59 PM Agent Ratish_k
Welcome to Dell Sales Chat Helpdesk, my name is RATISH_K. How may I be of assistance today.
12:37:04 PM Agent Ratish_k
Could please let me know which model/product are you looking at?
12:37:23 PM Customer ####
i want to know about the Dell XPS 13 laptop
12:37:44 PM Agent Ratish_k
"Thanks for the details. Kindly hold on while I am transferring your chat to our sales expert who would assist you on this purchase "
12:37:49 PM System System
You are being transferred to another queue. Please stand by...
12:37:49 PM System System
Ratish_k has left this session!
12:40:39 PM System System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
12:40:39 PM System System
Connected with Renilda_Pinto
12:41:16 PM Customer ####
I want to know about the Dell XPS 13 laptop, developer edition
12:41:49 PM Agent Renilda_Pinto
Welcome to Dell India Chat ! My name is Renilda Pinto and I will be you Dell.com Expert .i can be reached at renilda_pinto@dell.com or 9980874871/080/25108678 How can I help you today ?
12:42:35 PM Customer ####
I want to know about the Dell XPS 13 laptop, developer edition
12:43:51 PM Customer ####
?
12:44:29 PM Agent Renilda_Pinto
what do u mean by developer edition
12:45:06 PM Customer ####
you dont know ?
12:45:09 PM Customer ####
XPS 13 Developer Edition | Dell
12:45:24 PM Agent Renilda_Pinto
there are diffrent configurations
12:45:29 PM Agent Renilda_Pinto
i can help you wit those
12:45:36 PM Customer ####
link >> XPS 13 Developer Edition | Dell
12:46:27 PM Customer ####
What about the XPS 13
12:48:58 PM Customer ####
hello.. you there ?
12:50:46 PM Customer ####
?
12:52:00 PM Customer ####
Are you there ?
12:52:05 PM System System
Your agent has been disconnected from the system, you are now being transferred to your original queue. Please stand by...
12:52:05 PM System System
Renilda_Pinto has left this session!

sebuelias

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope!!

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Graphics editing(basic, learning), Usual browsing(WiFi and Lan), Gaming, Programming.. Comp Sci student and loads of reading

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Nothing like that..

Right now I'm looking at HP Pavalion 2313 AX. And I cannot find decent review..

Will it be good enough, or is there a better one in that price range?
Any guidance would be appreciated..
I'm planning to buy in a week..

Did lots of reading.. Still no good review for that.

Help me out, Thanks alot

Top Bottom