All laptop related queries here!!!

a_k

Broken In
HP Pavilion G6-2202TX or Dell New Inspiron 15R. 2016TX was not that an old model, why HP suddenly pulled it off the market.

Both are having the same chipset , HP G6-2202TX comes with windows 8.Retailers & dell one line store do not offer dell laptop without OS , only FK seems to offer it. Yesterday I checked out DELL XPS model , it was retailing at 48K in reliance digital , catch here it just have 2GB memory which is not sufficient.

HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Is the above model better than the Dell 15R ?.

muralimanoj

Right off the assembly line
Hi ! My budget is Rs.40,000/- including accessories like stereo external speakers, webcam(if not integrated), bag, headphone. I will be using the laptop for everyday use, to name a few: office, media, internet (possibly Wi-fi but often ethernet). I will also be working on some software including CAD modelling, Matlab, Labview etc on a regular basis. I may also use it for gaming like NFS, Counterstrike (on LAN), FIFA, prince of persia etc. I do not have any brand restriction. I am confused, unable to choose between i3 2nd & 3rd gen. I am looking for 4GB DDR3 and a dedicated graphics card of 1GB (primary reason is not gaming). Please suggest a suitable chipset too: HM76 or HM65 or anything else. I shortlisted a few laptops from brands like Sony and HCL, however I find myself perplexed. I do not intend to change the laptop for a very long time. Could you also justify as to why you suggest a product so that I can reason out to myself. Thank you very much.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Is the above model better than the Dell 15R ?.

Probook is aimed at business users or those who want a light yet really well built solid laptop and that means no gaming. check the performance of HD4000 (here and here) and if you are ok with it, then go for HP 4540s ProBook (4GB ram).

abhig

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40K INR max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
OR
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Asus
b. Dislike: Apple(mac), Lenevo, Sony

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Designing/Development of websites and android apps. Gaming. Movies.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
I don't know

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Some configuration that I have in my mind:

Lifestyle Everyday Use

Processor Core i3/i5 (3rd Generation)

Clock Speed 2.2+ GHz

RAM 4+ GB (preferably DDR3, I guess that's the best)

HDD Capacity 500+ GB

Optical Drive CD+RW, DVD+RW (DVD-RAM: i dunno what it is)

Architecture 64-bit

Screen Type High-Definition LED

Wifi/Bluetooth/Modem/HDMI (must)

Battery lithium ion

WARRANTY (I have heard that only DELL is providing the full 1 year accidental warranty. If this is the case, please suggest only DELL laptops)
1 Year Accidental Damage Protection

Also, I have been told by someone that only DELL provides the window backup CD's and no other companies do. So if this is the case, please suggest only DELL laptops.

deoxy

Broken In
40K INR max

OR
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

a. Like: Dell, Asus
b. Dislike: Apple(mac), Lenevo, Sony

Designing/Development of websites and android apps. Gaming. Movies.

I don't know

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Some configuration that I have in my mind:

Lifestyle Everyday Use

Processor Core i3/i5 (3rd Generation)

Clock Speed 2.2+ GHz

RAM 4+ GB (preferably DDR3, I guess that's the best)

HDD Capacity 500+ GB

Optical Drive CD+RW, DVD+RW (DVD-RAM: i dunno what it is)

Architecture 64-bit

Screen Type High-Definition LED

Wifi/Bluetooth/Modem/HDMI (must)

Battery lithium ion

WARRANTY (I have heard that only DELL is providing the full 1 year accidental warranty. If this is the case, please suggest only DELL laptops)
1 Year Accidental Damage Protection

Also, I have been told by someone that only DELL provides the window backup CD's and no other companies do. So if this is the case, please suggest only DELL laptops.

you can try linux version of dell inspiron 15r

Last edited by a moderator:

a_k

Broken In
Probook is aimed at business users or those who want a light yet really well built solid laptop and that means no gaming. check the performance of HD4000 (here and here) and if you are ok with it, then go for HP 4540s ProBook (4GB ram).
Thanks for your reply SAM. In case I buy a laptop with preinstalled OS say windows7 HB, Can I reinstall the same OS again on the same laptop ?. I believe we pay for the license key. I will most probably buy the laptop this weekend.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for your reply SAM. In case I buy a laptop with preinstalled OS say windows7 HB, Can I reinstall the same OS again on the same laptop ?. I believe we pay for the license key. I will most probably buy the laptop this weekend.

yes. you can either create a recovery disc or download the iso file from microsoft sites or from any other source and use the key bundled with the laptop to reinstall it.

proy31

Hi,
i wish to buy a notebook in the range 50-60k. after some research i could enlist these 4 laptops-

1. Asus K55vm
2. Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN
3. Dell Inspiron 15R special edition 7520 (i7)
4. Lenovo Ideapad Z580 ( i7)

My usage is medium to heavy gaming, video editing, and programming.

I am really confused between all these..

I have heard about some throttling issues in Samsung NP550 and some issues in ASUS.
Please consider post-delivery service, durability, performance, and design..
i want to buy it within 2 days, so pls help!

semwal.amit

Broken In
Sadly no comparable config is available in th brands you asked for in same size category. There are very limited options in 14" TBH. Another one to save some bucks can be ProBook 4440s. And sadly, in laptops, there are very little customization options available, at least in India. You can add an SSD anyday , manually.

HP-2016tx @ ~41k.

I cn handle bigger screen if weight nt too much

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Hi,
i wish to buy a notebook in the range 50-60k. after some research i could enlist these 4 laptops-

1. Asus K55vm
2. Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN
3. Dell Inspiron 15R special edition 7520 (i7)
4. Lenovo Ideapad Z580 ( i7)

My usage is medium to heavy gaming, video editing, and programming.

I am really confused between all these..

I have heard about some throttling issues in Samsung NP550 and some issues in ASUS.
Please consider post-delivery service, durability, performance, and design..
i want to buy it within 2 days, so pls help!

for video editing and programming, you'll really love a full hd screen. get dell 15r turbo withf fhd but it won't arrive in 2 days. you need to wait 1-2 weeks after you order it online. this machine will definitely give you the best durability and performance. and dell's service is very good in my opinion.

according to the samsung s02 owners here, throttling issue has been solved but the temperatures during gaming or heavy tasks are high. if you are one lucky guy to get a machine with no faults and a good screen then s02 is great.

i'd personally go with 15r turbo.

proy31

for video editing and programming, you'll really love a full hd screen. get dell 15r turbo withf fhd but it won't arrive in 2 days. you need to wait 1-2 weeks after you order it online. this machine will definitely give you the best durability and performance. and dell's service is very good in my opinion.

according to the samsung s02 owners here, throttling issue has been solved but the temperatures during gaming or heavy tasks are high. if you are one lucky guy to get a machine with no faults and a good screen then s02 is great.

i'd personally go with 15r turbo.

Thanks Digital Fragger. Can you please give your reviews on Asus K55vm ?

a_k

Broken In
yes. you can either create a recovery disc or download the iso file from microsoft sites or from any other source and use the key bundled with the laptop to reinstall it.
@ Sam & Sujay
Bought HP Pavilion G6 2220TX From Croma @ 42500 (Got a discount of 1K + 1K gift voucher + Travel Bag) .Thanks for the help :)

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)850$..USD
as i want to make the purchase abroad from US..it will b equivalent to some better and costlier laptops in india

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

any of the two !

a. Like: Dell , Hp
b. Dislike: Samsung and any new company making way to laptop market in india for its service wud lack

Gaming ( GTA 4 , max payne ,HItman series ,battlefield )
Photoshop ( not extreme cases )
Movies( loads ) ..HD ...

Any

Any wud do ..

Waiting for the replies eagerly !!

PS _ I also need a netbook which shud not be a costly one ... but cud play HD movies .
by not so costly i mean 370 USD .

I will be making my purchases from Bestbuy.com ///kindly pour in ur valuale suggestions !! THANX a TON PALS !

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

any of the two !

a. Like: Dell , Hp
b. Dislike: Samsung and any new company making way to laptop market in india for its service wud lack

Gaming ( GTA 4 , max payne ,HItman series ,battlefield )
Photoshop ( not extreme cases )
Movies( loads ) ..HD ...

Any

Any wud do ..

Waiting for the replies eagerly !!

:facepalm: you forgot to mention your budget in your eagerness.

ok for the budget of 850$ you can buy Dell - 15.6" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive from bestbuy. It has AMD HD 7730 2GB DDR3 GPU and full HD 1080p screen.

For $350 budget get *www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+14%26%2334%3B+Pavilion+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Pewter/5373828.p?id=1218637207791&skuId=5373828

proy31

This thread helps.

Thanks.
I have finalised 2 laptops- samsung np550p5c-s02in and dell 15r se (i7)

samsung laptop provides JBL subwoofer and higher graphics card -650m which are not there in dell 15r se.

But as you said that dell laptops are more durable and their service is also good, while samsung np550p5c-s02in has problems during heavy gaming.

pls help in choosing one from these!!!

semwal.amit

Broken In
50000-55000

Thin and light or mainstream

a. Like: HP Dell Sony Asus
b. Dislike:

- s/w development
- No Gaming
- Movies, Net surfing.

I m neutral to this.

- Additional 3 yrs warranty must.
- USB 3.0 port
- Good Build Quality
- windows may be skipped
- I hv licensed internet security software

Some models I saw Dell Inspiron 14z, HP Pavilion M6-1102TX, one of samsung I dont remember name (is samsung a good brand)
Asus K55VM-SX086D

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
50000-55000

Thin and light or mainstream

a. Like: HP Dell Sony Asus
b. Dislike:

- s/w development
- No Gaming
- Movies, Net surfing.

I m neutral to this.

- Additional 3 yrs warranty must.
- USB 3.0 port
- Good Build Quality
- windows may be skipped
- I hv licensed internet security software

Some models I saw Dell Inspiron 14z, HP Pavilion M6-1102TX, one of samsung I dont remember name (is samsung a good brand)
Asus K55VM-SX086D

Go with HP Pavilion M6-1102TX. It has great battery life, after sales service and build quality,

akashbothra

Broken In
20000-25000

15"

a. Like: HP Dell Sony Lenovo
b. Dislike:

- online share trading
- No Gaming
- Movies, Net surfing, Songs

1280*768 or more

- USB 3.0 port (for external mouse and keyboard)
- Windows 7
- 10/100 LAN
- 500 gb hard disc
- inbuilt sound
- intel i3 processor
- DVD writer

According to these specifications please suggest me a laptop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom