All laptop related queries here!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@akash have a look at this Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ No OS) - Fujitsu: Flipkart.com

although the similar Dell model costs a little more. You should look at a local store too
Dell Vostro 1550 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux) - Dell: Flipkart.com

my recommendation is to get the Dell one :) RAM can be upgraded a time of purchase.

proy31

Right off the assembly line
hi,
please help me choose between these laptops,

1.Samsung np550p5c-s03in
2.Lenovo z580(i7)
3.Dell 15r turbo

I'm really confused which one i should go for.

Any suggestions?
Thankyou

rider

as Kratos
hi,
please help me choose between these laptops,

1.Samsung np550p5c-s03in
2.Lenovo z580(i7)
3.Dell 15r turbo

I'm really confused which one i should go for.

Any suggestions?
Thankyou

Samsung np550p5c-s03in - for gaming point of view and amazing sound.
Dell 15r turbo - good after sales service and less heating than others.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
20000-25000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP Dell Sony Lenovo
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
- online share trading
- No Gaming
- Movies, Net surfing, Songs

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1280*768 or more

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
- USB 3.0 port (for external mouse and keyboard)
- Windows 7
- 10/100 LAN
- 500 gb hard disc
- inbuilt sound
- intel i3 processor
- DVD writer

According to these specifications please suggest me a laptop.

Get Samsung Laptop NP300E5Z. It has intel core-i3 processor and better quality among others.
It would be available cheaper in local market for around 25-26.

powerstarprince

In the zone
@Sam or anyone who has g6 2016tx or one with intel+amd combo help me choose important and necessary drivers from hp website for my new laptop..?
I recently bought hp pavilion g4 2049tx laptop comes with free DOS. I have installed windows 8 pro 64-bit in it and it automatically installed few drivers some of which are from microsoft. But i need them to work properly so can you help me choose which drivers i must download from hp driver support page for my particular model with win 8 64 bit.

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion g4-2049tx Notebook PC | HP® Support

Thanks,
Also i'm new to installing driver from hp page and i'm confused how to install the driver. Can u give me instructions for it?

proy31

Thanks Rider.
Any reviews about lenovo z580 ?
only dell and lenovo offer physical damage protection. Samsung has better graphic card but it gets heated much.Their is no such problem in z580 and 15r turbo.

Please help ! i want to buy it within 2 days

rider

as Kratos

Thanks Rider.
Any reviews about lenovo z580 ?
only dell and lenovo offer physical damage protection. Samsung has better graphic card but it gets heated much.Their is no such problem in z580 and 15r turbo.

Please help ! i want to buy it within 2 days

Accidental damage protection aka total care started by american brands dell and hp and now followed chinese brand lenovo. Lenovo Z580 is not great for it's price there are better laptops in this price range. I recommend you to get dell isnpiron turbo. It's overall a better laptop, coolest among others and better customer service than lenovo.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam or anyone who has g6 2016tx or one with intel+amd combo help me choose important and necessary drivers from hp website for my new laptop..?
I recently bought hp pavilion g4 2049tx laptop comes with free DOS. I have installed windows 8 pro 64-bit in it and it automatically installed few drivers some of which are from microsoft. But i need them to work properly so can you help me choose which drivers i must download from hp driver support page for my particular model with win 8 64 bit.

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion g4-2049tx Notebook PC | HP® Support

Thanks,
Also i'm new to installing driver from hp page and i'm confused how to install the driver. Can u give me instructions for it?

which drivers are missing? i think wifi/bluetooth driver is the only one that can cause problem as there are usually multiple packages. for the GPU, get the latest version from here: AMD GPU. avoid beta builds.

proy31

authorised lenovo dealer is selling z580 at 59k with 3 years warranty(1 year physical damage + 2 year parts,labour ) whereas dell 15r turbo - 59k and 15r turbo with full hd at 62k.
dell offers full hd (3k more than z580) but z580 does not.
which one i should go for ?

.jRay.

Youngling
Both are good, Dell has a better gpu, and Lenovo has 3 yr warranty, louder speakers and much better touchpad, also 8 gb ram.

rider

as Kratos
authorised lenovo dealer is selling z580 at 59k with 3 years warranty(1 year physical damage + 2 year parts,labour ) whereas dell 15r turbo - 59k and 15r turbo with full hd at 62k.
dell offers full hd (3k more than z580) but z580 does not.
which one i should go for ?
Don't look for the few thousand bucks if your spending that much money. Dell warranty can be extended with accidental damage cover by paying more. It's your choice to get with full HD or normal display. AFAIK people with lenovo laptop face issues regarding to after sales and ideapad series had bad reputation in past. Lenovo only make good laptops of thinkpad series.

proy31

Don't look for the few thousand bucks if your spending that much money. Dell warranty can be extended with accidental damage cover by paying more. It's your choice to get with full HD or normal display. AFAIK people with lenovo laptop face issues regarding to after sales and ideapad series had bad reputation in past. Lenovo only make good laptops of thinkpad series.

Should I consider Asus K55vm priced at 52.5k with 3 yrs onsite warranty.

rider

as Kratos
Should I consider Asus K55vm priced at 52.5k with 3 yrs onsite warranty.

It's a good laptop but doesn't comes with pre-loaded windows. You have to expend 5-6k more for genuine windows. Also GT 630M is a mediocre GPU. Don't expect to run new games in high or ultra settings smoothly.

abhig

Broken In
configuration:
i5-2.5ghz
8GB DDR3
500GB HD
WIN8/WIN7 (which ever is better)
1GB ATI RADEON(Dell)/ 1GB NVIDIA(Lenovo)

Dell 15R (46500-47500)
OR
Lenovo (dont know the model name or number with same config) (43500-44500)

which one is better in considering the price, after sales services, maintenance and durability of the model/company?

proy31

Thanks ,
I've finally decided to buy 15r turbo, but i'm confused between 15r turbo specs - 3rd gen i5, 8gb ram, 1tb harddrive, 2gb geaphics and full hd display priced at 57k and the i7 version.
Many people tell that there is not much diff. betweeen i5 and i7 and i5 is more than enough.
Please tell that is it worth buying i7 for gaming ,video editing and programming ?

rider

as Kratos
Thanks ,
I've finally decided to buy 15r turbo, but i'm confused between 15r turbo specs - 3rd gen i5, 8gb ram, 1tb harddrive, 2gb geaphics and full hd display priced at 57k and the i7 version.
Many people tell that there is not much diff. betweeen i5 and i7 and i5 is more than enough.
Please tell that is it worth buying i7 for gaming ,video editing and programming ?
core-i5 is a dual core whereas core-i7 is a quad core processor. core-i5 is good enough for gaming till now (not sure about the future). For video editing you should definitely opt for a quad core core-i7 with 8GB RAM. All in all purchasing a laptop with core-i7 is totally future proof. I purchased a core-i7 laptop last year and still very much satisfied.

nikufellow

In the zone
Okay guys help me out please !
Sorry for not filling questionnaire but my query is not general so kindly bare with me !
I have only a budget of 35k and i need a laptop for the sole purpose of gaming (i know gaming in this price range will be more or less mediocre). I've zeroed in on g6 2010ax (or 2005ax).
I have some queries -
*will it be wise to shell out more money to buy an i5 3rd gen+7670m laptop ? Wise in the sense that will it be more future proof when it comes to gaming than g6 one ? Will ivy bridges processing capabilities over a8 impart noticeable differences in gaming ? Is 7670m better than dual graphics on g6 ? Since we are talking about gaming - are there differences in heating between Intel and amd ones ?
i won't be doing much processor intensive tasks and i know very well that routine tasks i will do can be swiftly run by the trinity apu . All i need to know is how g6 2010ax compares to other 3rd gen with dpGPU when gaming is concerned !
*is it worth waiting a bit more ? - i mean are there any newer laptops expected to launch in the price range with better specs ?

Any help is highly appreciated .
Thanks is advance !

Top Bottom