All laptop related queries here!!!

itsnka

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
50000 - 80000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15" or 14

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: apple, dell Sony Lenovo
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Java programming
Web development
Browsing

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Prefer hd

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Hi am a java developer. Suggest me a good laptop for java development. I am giving more importance to performance. It should have a good screen. Which is the best operating system for java development. Please help me

Ps: i am not interested in games

According to these specifications please suggest me a laptop

rider

as Kratos
@itsnka Check out SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

It has 3rd gen core-i7 processor, full HD 1080p IPS display and weighs just 2kg.

40000-42000
2) What size & weight consideration (if
any) would you prefer?
15"
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or
any you really don't like?
b. Dislike:
No particular choice...
4) What are the primary tasks will you be
performing with this notebook?
I am pursuing B.Tech. So, I need a laptop that can handle multimedia and gaming with ease..
5) What screen resolution(s) & type
(glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Matte if possible in this budget ...
6) Anything else you would like to say??
I will like my laptop to be powered by Intel Core i5 2nd/3rd Generation.. I also want discrete graphics card (1/2 GB)..
I am thinking about ASUS 53 VM with 2nd Gen core i5/ 2 GB nvidia 630 Graphics...

One more question... is there a difference between 1 GB and 2 GB dedicated graphics memory in terms of same graphic card ie nvidia 630 in Gaming performance? ?? if the gaming card is same ie nvidia 630??

kunalht

In the zone
I want to buy a new laptop in 40-45k.
I have wathed this:
Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

Is this a good laptop for gaming??
It has i5 2nd gen.
Is there much difference between intel core i5 2nd & 3rd gen.?
I want laptop for gaming and programming.
Should i buy this or should I go with other 3rd gen, i5 with 1 GB graphics??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nope .. windows 8 can be used without toucjh screen and if you don't like the Metro interface and want the plain 'old' win 7 look back there's softwares to do this very nicely.

mkguru

Right off the assembly line
30-35k INR...i can increase some 2k if it really worth..

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
mostly 3D CAD applications and some gaming....

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Where i can get best deals (exclude online shoppings)- In chennai or Bangalore?.....Any suggestion on this plz.....

powerstarprince

In the zone
Does flipkart change its prices often?? I saw this g4 laptop sell for 35503/- yesterday. But today its again at 39610/- as it was last week... how come?

40000-42000
2) What size & weight consideration (if
any) would you prefer?
15"
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or
any you really don't like?
b. Dislike:
No particular choice...
4) What are the primary tasks will you be
performing with this notebook?
I am pursuing B.Tech. So, I need a laptop that can handle multimedia and gaming with ease..
5) What screen resolution(s) & type
(glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Matte if possible in this budget ...
6) Anything else you would like to say??
I will like my laptop to be powered by Intel Core i5 2nd/3rd Generation.. I also want discrete graphics card (1/2 GB)..
I am thinking about ASUS 53 VM with 2nd Gen core i5/ 2 GB nvidia 630 Graphics...

One more question... is there a difference between 1 GB and 2 GB dedicated graphics memory in terms of same graphic card ie nvidia 630 in Gaming performance? ?? if the gaming card is same ie nvidia 630??

I have shortlisted some laptops :

1) Lenovo ideapad z580...
2) Dell Inspiron 15R...
3) HP Pavilion G6 2016tx...
4) Samsung NP350...

Which laptop will you suggest???

nikufellow

In the zone
Guys what do you think of this laptop - *www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-s4...8-4gb-500gb-win8-1gb-graph/p/itmdeuqcvhtzf9hk

Can it be sufficient for portable medium gaming :confused:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Does flipkart change its prices often?? I saw this g4 laptop sell for 35503/- yesterday. But today its again at 39610/- as it was last week... how come?

yup. flipkart constantly fluctuates the price. check again if the model no is same or this is a new laptop.

Guys what do you think of this laptop - Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Can it be sufficient for portable medium gaming :confused:

waste of 38k. 7600G as well as 7450 are weak GPU and can only run old games. Crossfiring both GPUs will again yield almost no performance improvement over native GPU.

check this: AMD Radeon HD 7600G. other than Fifa, you can't play any other game. AMD Radeon HD 7450M too is of same league and can't play most of the games even at low settings. combine both and you get a laptop that doesn't qualify for even casual gaming.

powerstarprince

In the zone
yup. flipkart constantly fluctuates the price. check again if the model no is same or this is a new laptop.

It's the same... and btw do they really sell for that reduced price when we order it that day even after being available at that price only for a day or two??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It's the same... and btw do they really sell for that reduced price when we order it that day even after being available at that price only for a day or two??

usually they increase price if the product is selling well and after a few days time lowers the price again. happens will all laptops.

Empirial

Youngling
Thanks for replying Nikufellow, Rider & Red dragon :)
Which one of these two is more reliable & has better build quality, 2012 Sony Vaio E Series or Samsung Series 3 (NP350 not NP300)?

nikufellow

In the zone
Sorry to bother ya all agin Guys btw i've been wanting to buy a gaming laptop (i have had many queries here) but - budget was too tight (35k) so i was naturaly inclined towards hp g6 2005ax/2010ax or the like but it seems that for a below average joe like me who doesn't want to mess up with cross firing and driver configuring , the trinity range will pose hurdles so i've decided to extend my budget to 40k and zeroed in on this lappy :
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
^any opinions on the above one or are there better options in the price range ? I've seen seen 610m,620m laptops in the 40k range but i guess they are all weaker than 7670m right ?

sibinzeo

Right off the assembly line
laptop within 30-38000 INR

hey am looking for a laptop within range rs(30-38000).
lenovo is my currently preferred brad coz someone told me that its sturdy and creates less heat.
configuration-just i need to rum my design software's (PRO E and CAD) guss i need some graphics for that (NV610 r higher).
looking forward for your help!!:razz: