All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Multitasking is some thing I will have to work around if my lappy does not permit.

i5 will handle it with swift, don't worry.

How much help does a dedicated graphics card gives? I mean what about RAM and processor and graphics card? At what point do you need a graphic card?

Dedicated graphics card gives help when you need visual performance (eg games, a bit of image/visual edting). Still, editing is mostly CPU based task, normally multi threaded. The probook is good but it lacks a dGPU and you can't get a laptop with i5+ good dGPU in your budget. Increase a bit and go for i5 + 7670M combo, you won't regret.

rider

as Kratos
Thanks rider for your reply. :) Really appreciate your help.

Its okay if 4 5 people can not watch, I added that only to know which kind of screen to choose, LCD or LED. I did not know that. No way I can take a 23+ monitor!! :(
The one you suggested looks cool, but overshoots in temrs of budget for me :(
Multitasking is some thing I will have to work around if my lappy does not permit.

How much help does a dedicated graphics card gives? I mean what about RAM and processor and graphics card? At what point do you need a graphic card?

Thanks a lot, I will get back with some other queries if you dont mind. I am extremely confused at the moment. Its really kind of you to reply and help me out. :)

Dedicated graphic card help to boost the graphic performance in gaming and other graphical and editing softwares. Though I suggested you are 3rd gen core-i5 laptop. It has integrated Intel 4000 graphics that is good enough for basic needs and will full fill your requirements. But it is still better to get a laptop with dedicated graphic card but for this you have to spend 15k more if you are looking good battery life and windows 8.

daks

Broken In
Guys,
I need help choosing between 2 laptops

Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) vs Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333620) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graphics): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

1.ASUS k53SM
2.Lenovo IdeaPad Z580

Budget : 35-40k(max)

Could you let me know the pro's and cons of each.

Are there any other laptops with similar specs and much better than the above two ? I would like the keyboard layout to be as it is in ASUS and Lenovo

My Main usage of the laptop will be browsing,MS Office, Casual Gaming(FIFA, F1),eclipse,compiling,Visual Studio.

Please help me out.!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hi.. One of my friends needs to purchase a laptop within a range of 35000-42000, and has considered-

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-348965).
And also the Asus K53SM-SX010D, mentioned in the above post. The requirements are normal i.e. surfing, multimedia, and a bit of gaming.

Can you please suggest which one would be a better choice? And also, if there are better alternatives?
Thanks.

rider

as Kratos
@daks @rishabh
HP Pavilion G6-2014TX Notebook Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2014TX Notebook Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com will be the best choice for you guys. It has better after sales comes with onsite warranty and accidental damage cover and you will get better graphic card as HD 7670M 2GB > 1GB GT 630.
It will cost you just 41.9k by using the coupon REGREEN2012 and you will get flat 5% discount at the time of payment. For further 5% you have to send some old junk phone or camera. By this they will refund the another 5% amount + 100 Rs as for courier service.

daks

Broken In
@daks @rishabh
HP Pavilion G6-2014TX Notebook Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2014TX Notebook Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com will be the best choice for you guys. It has better after sales comes with onsite warranty and accidental damage cover and you will get better graphic card as HD 7670M 2GB > 1GB GT 630.
It will cost you just 41.9k by using the coupon REGREEN2012 and you will get flat 5% discount at the time of payment. For further 5% you have to send some old junk phone or camera. By this they will refund the another 5% amount + 100 Rs as for courier service.

As my need is casual gaming (FIFA,F1) should run smooth low/med settings and regular work like browsing.movies etc is the HP probook good enough ?

HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Does it have any issues ?

rider

as Kratos
As my need is casual gaming (FIFA,F1) should run smooth low/med settings and regular work like browsing.movies etc is the HP probook good enough ?

HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Does it have any issues ?

No it has no issues. It is a a fine laptop. Though it has no dedicated GPU you may found not great gaming performance in some other games but for FIFA its okay.. go with it.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hey guys suggest the best 14" laptop with PDC or I3 2nd gen or AMD APU under 25k

and how is Samsung and Asus X44H-VX148D at Rs 22000

rider

as Kratos
hey guys suggest the best 14" laptop with PDC or I3 2nd gen or AMD APU under 25k

and how is Samsung and Asus X44H-VX148D at Rs 22000

better to buy 15.6" Samsung NP300E5X Laptop Price in India, Samsung NP300E5X Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com use the coupon REGREEN2012 for 10% off

asher

Broken In
lhey guys,its been quite sometime since samsung released laptop with a 650m,any idea whethr thr will be any new products coming up with a 650m or similar performing gpu lappies.i mean within a month or two`s time.

pratyush997

Inactive
lhey guys,its been quite sometime since samsung released laptop with a 650m,any idea whethr thr will be any new products coming up with a 650m or similar performing gpu lappies.i mean within a month or two`s time.
S03 and S04 is out and S05 may be launched in India
PS- Add "Np550p5c-" in the model no.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

are these any good ;-)

Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

day

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I have decided to buy this laptop, Acer Aspire 5560G Laptop (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RUNSi.003) Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6470M AMD Radeon HD 6520M

My requirements are normal, i.e surfing, programming, multimedia and light gaming.

Please let me know how is the build quality of Acer laptop and for multitasking is this laptop sufficient.

Should I go ahead with this one or consider some other brand or model? Budget constraint(<30K).

Please reply.

Thanks In Advance.

rider

as Kratos
What is the best bang for buck under 50k?

for best CPU performance in 50k Asus K53SM-SX130D Laptop (2nd GenCi7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Hi,

I have decided to buy this laptop, Acer Aspire 5560G Laptop (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RUNSi.003) Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6470M AMD Radeon HD 6520M

My requirements are normal, i.e surfing, programming, multimedia and light gaming.

Please let me know how is the build quality of Acer laptop and for multitasking is this laptop sufficient.

Should I go ahead with this one or consider some other brand or model? Budget constraint(<30K).

Please reply.

Thanks In Advance.

Best laptop for your budget is *www.infibeam.com/Laptop/i-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-Windows-8/P-CA-L-HP-G6-2201AX.html
Use the coupon REGREEN2012 for 10% discount (final price Rs 31500) for more read offer of infibeam.com

asher

Broken In
are these any good ;-)

Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com

any good??
that bad?????

S03 and S04 is out and S05 may be launched in India
PS- Add "Np550p5c-" in the model no.

thanks mate...any guesss regarding the date of release.
anything within next two months??

rider

as Kratos
lol....my bad.
anyway will it be worth a wait for another two months xpecting more nvidia650m lappies in the market.

There will no new laptops with GT 650M in the market. After 3 months or so you will see new laptop models with superior new GPU.

Top Bottom