real steel
hp is sellin gt 630m gpu in new dv6 series at 58k rs while 630m is jus a
revised 525m gpu of inspiron,,
lol,poor customers.....

intel131

Broken In
Advice on buying a Laptop

Can somebody please suggest me a laptop of following configuration:

CPU: 2nd generation intel core i7-2760QM (or better)

RAM: Atleast 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel

Graphics Card: 1GB (for games like crysis 2,assasin's creed)
with switchable graphics

HDD: 500GB 7200rpm + SSD(optional)

Display: 15.6" 1080p Full HD

Keyboard with backlight, USB 3.0, HDMI,etc.

Can this fit in a budget of rs.60000 ?

I have shortlisted HP Pavilion DV6,Dell XPS 15 and Lenovo Y570.
Which one is better? Are there any other better models?

Last edited:

Richie Rich

Broken In
I am new in this forum and I am facing difficulty to post in the desired thread.
I need a laptop and wan to do discussion about user experience.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am new in this forum and I am facing difficulty to post in the desired thread.
I need a laptop and wan to do discussion about user experience.

hello.
Well your first 10 posts are manually moderated to ensure on spam is there.
Also which laptop you want to discuss about? Post them here or any thread if it exists.
Also read this thread www.thinkdigit.com/forum/rules-announcements/150151-faq-posting-guidelines-new-members.html

@intel131 what is purpose of laptop? Gaming?

rider

as Kratos
Re: Advice on buying a Laptop

with switchable graphics

Can you wait for a month or so?? becoz new 2012 Intel Ivy bridge processing laptops are coming soon on Dell, Vaio, Asus etc.
If you can't wait get dv6-6165tx as soon as possible.
There is no model with 1080p Full HD in your requirements.
Dell XPS 15 and Lenovo Y570 are not for much gaming as you mentioned.
For the game crysis:
In Asus K53SM & Dell XPS 15 you will get 27 fps in high setting but in hp dv6 you will get 41fps.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer

with switchable graphics
Have a look at Asus K53SM-SX016D, and among dell and Lenovo dell is better and if talk about HP it had serious heating issues but some say that it has been resolved now but I still doubt.
And none of the above mentioned laptop has a Fulll HD display.
If you want a Full HD display then I suggest you to have a look at Sony CB45,it has a i5 processor and 4GB ram, the ram can upgraded though.It costs around 51k

rider

as Kratos

Have a look at Asus K53SM-SX016D, and among dell and Lenovo dell is better and if talk about HP it had serious heating issues but some say that it has been resolved now but I still doubt.
And none of the above mentioned laptop has a Fulll HD display.
If you want a Full HD display then I suggest you to have a look at Sony CB45,it has a i5 processor and 4GB ram, the ram can upgraded though.It costs around 51k

Dude I'm using hp laptop and there is no heating issue. It is the thing of past, previous generation models have heating issues. Right now my laptop is at 53-54*C, running from last night and it gets maximum upto 85*C in intense gaming.

intel131

Broken In

Can you wait for a month or so?? becoz new 2012 Intel Ivy bridge processing laptops are coming soon on Dell, Vaio, Asus etc.
If you can't wait get dv6-6165tx as soon as possible.
There is no model with 1080p Full HD in your requirements.
Dell XPS 15 and Lenovo Y570 are not for much gaming as you mentioned.
For the game crysis:
In Asus K53SM & Dell XPS 15 you will get 27 fps in high setting but in hp dv6 you will get 41fps.

Can I configure HP dv6t Quad Edition series laptop on *www.shopping.hp.com :-??? Can it be available in India(Mumbai)? On the website it allows me to choose even the 3rd gen intel processors and Full HD screen.Can't I configure HP DV6 Laptop in HP stores in Mumbai(Lamington Rd.)?:sad:

@thetechfreak I will be using laptop for mid range gaming, programming,watching HD movies,etc.

rider

as Kratos

Can I configure HP dv6t Quad Edition series laptop on *www.shopping.hp.com :-??? Can it be available in India(Mumbai)? On the website it allows me to choose even the 3rd gen intel processors and Full HD screen.Can't I configure HP DV6 Laptop in HP stores in Mumbai(Lamington Rd.)?:sad:

@thetechfreak I will be using laptop for mid range gaming, programming,watching HD movies,etc.

I think you cant configure hp laptops from US. And if you can it will pass through big fat amount of excise duty. Ask your hp dealer about it he will help.

Last edited:

Richie Rich

Broken In
hello.
Well your first 10 posts are manually moderated to ensure on spam is there.
Also which laptop you want to discuss about? Post them here or any thread if it exists.
Also read this thread www.thinkdigit.com/forum/rules-announcements/150151-faq-posting-guidelines-new-members.html

ok, I want to write in hp dv6 thread but I can't, don't know why. I want a laptop with good performance... prefer a quad core. The main purpose is for gaming of latest games and should also give me decent battery life above 5 hours.

soham.b

Broken In
Ok today i went to check out the asus model(P 53 E) it looked really good.. but it was huge tbh.

Then suddenly two laptops came to my notice because it is more compact than the asus one.

One i don't exactly remember the full name now its its hP pavillion g6 with 2nd gen i 3 around 32K.The dealer said its a relatively new model.

The other one tbh i am in love with it , its thnikpad E420.

I know specification wise no one can beat asus. but absd on my work and the need of a real sturdy compact and strong laptop i would prefer these two. The dealer also said to look at some Toshiba models i would go there Wednesday to finally order one.

So suggestions please.

Now budget around 30- 35K
1 4inch screen would compact mobile and sturdy are main requirements*anti glare screen wud be great too)

Use for MBA

Please suggest

Top Bottom