All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
Ok today i went to check out the asus model(P 53 E) it looked really good.. but it was huge tbh.

Then suddenly two laptops came to my notice because it is more compact than the asus one.

One i don't exactly remember the full name now its its hP pavillion g6 with 2nd gen i 3 around 32K.The dealer said its a relatively new model.

The other one tbh i am in love with it , its thnikpad E420.

I know specification wise no one can beat asus. but absd on my work and the need of a real sturdy compact and strong laptop i would prefer these two. The dealer also said to look at some Toshiba models i would go there Wednesday to finally order one.

So suggestions please.

Now budget around 30- 35K
1 4inch screen would compact mobile and sturdy are main requirements*anti glare screen wud be great too)

Use for MBA

Please suggest

IMO Lenovo Thinkpad Edge Series E420 (1141-FSQ) Laptop is tailor made for you. Go with it! :razz:

Richie Rich

Broken In
I like the specs of Asus N55SL but there is no 1080p display and also I do not like the keyboard pattern and colour of the laptop, it looks disgusting. I see dv6 it's not 1080p either. I saw sony vaio 1080p laptops but they have only 1GB graphics.

rider

as Kratos
I like the specs of Asus N55SL but there is no 1080p display and also I do not like the keyboard pattern and colour of the laptop, it looks disgusting. I see dv6 it's not 1080p either. I saw sony vaio 1080p laptops but they have only 1GB graphics.

Wait for a month dell xps is refreshing new laptop, will definitely come with a 1080p option

aroraanant

Explorer
Hmmm for that I have to check, and my friend is not in the town right now.
But one question why you wanna buy that laptop only?

rider

as Kratos
If you can please find out whether this laptop has scrolling facility in the trackpad or not...I have heard that it is not there but I really need this feature. If its not der I wud go for another lappy...

Thanks

Miss priyanaka, you should try this software and do scrolling with your two fingers anywhere (in the trackpad). :oops:
Tell me if it works!

aroraanant

Explorer
And I think scrolling is there in almost every laptop. Even my 4yr old inspiron has it so I think dell miss it in this model

priyankashah

Broken In
I am realllllly confused between these laptops....plz help me out....

Dell Inspiron 15 2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/

Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/

Asus K53SD-SX809Di3/4gb/500gb/2gb graphics

Asus K Series K53SC-i3/2gb/750gb/1gb graphics

If i3 processors are low in performance in the above laptops, only then I would go for this:
Asus K53SD-SX809D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 4 GB / 500 GB / 2GB Graphics / Free DOS

I don have any gaming requirements, just basic light stuffs but for prolonged times. So I would like if the lappy doesnt get heated up and I really want my laptop to work for more than 3 yrs....plz suggest me some good laptop.

If you wanna suggest some other please do suggest...my budget is 30-34K max.

Regards
Priyanka

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest if you want good performance then don't get i3 and also if you are not into gaming then why get a good graphic card as you don't it.
Have a look at this:
Asus P53E-SO059D, or go with the above Asus model which have a i5 processor that you mentioned above
If you are not at all into gaming and you just gonna perform some basic tasks then its better you go with the one I have suggested.

And if you think i3 is enough you can get a laptop from Asus for 24k also, or you want something with more sturdy looks then go for thnikpad E420 which costs around 31k

priyankashah

Broken In
Are you sure about Asus P53E-SO059D's build quality and performance. Its affordable to me but wud it be a better option if I go for i3-ASUS K53sD model?

And why do you people rule out Dell laptops? Any specific reasons?

aroraanant

Explorer
Because there are better options than dell.
And yes I m sure about Asus P53E, its a business series laptop and its pretty good.Go for it

soham.b

Broken In
@priyankashah

would suggest you to go for P53e its a solid laptop. Best VFm laptop presently. I was planning to buy this one and checked it out. Good rugged build quality. Slightly large so though. Performance wise a phenom.

The i3 X54H is another good lappy my sis owns it.

But p53e better in all aspects

wecaz

Right off the assembly line
Wouldn't Asus K53SD-SX809D (Core i3 / 4 GB / 500 GB / 2GB Graphics) will be better than Asus P53E-SO059D (Core i5 / 2 GB / 750 GB / No Graphics) because of more RAM and more graphics RAM?

I suppose for Windows 7, 4GB RAM is a must for smooth performance.

rider

as Kratos
I am realllllly confused between these laptops....plz help me out....

Dell Inspiron 15 2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/

Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/

Asus K53SD-SX809Di3/4gb/500gb/2gb graphics

Asus K Series K53SC-i3/2gb/750gb/1gb graphics

If i3 processors are low in performance in the above laptops, only then I would go for this:
Asus K53SD-SX809D / 2nd Generation Core i3 / 4 GB / 500 GB / 2GB Graphics / Free DOS

I don have any gaming requirements, just basic light stuffs but for prolonged times. So I would like if the lappy doesnt get heated up and I really want my laptop to work for more than 3 yrs....plz suggest me some good laptop.

If you wanna suggest some other please do suggest...my budget is 30-34K max.

Regards
Priyanka

In my opinion get Thinkpad Edge 420 with core-i3 (2.3Ghz) for 32k or extend your budget 3k more and get Thinkpad Edge 420 with core-i5 (2.5Ghz), its the coolest, with its heatsink design, the most durable build quality in this price range and has a good battery laptop, about 6 hours but you can get up to 24 hours of battery life with external battery slice. It is also lightest in its class just 4.6 lbs (2.08kg). A fare on-site warranty of 1 year.
Thinkpad is highly reliable brand, designed, developed and sold by IBM but now produced by Lenovo. Thinkpad has also been used in space, and is the only laptop certified for use on the International Space Station.
I don't know much about Asus P53E, how is its service, heating, battery and all that? Its new in the market, so no comments. Tech specs wise its rocking but much heavy (2.6kg) and bigger screen 15.6". If I were in your position I get Thinkpad, though its personal choice.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Nope, nothing like that. Windows 7 works fine even on 2GB RAM. And you can always extend your RAM. 4GB DDR3 laptop RAMs cost no more than 1.2k these days. So, i5 seems to be a better choice as it has 750GB HDD and remember you can't extend your HDD like RAM.

Top Bottom