All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have a simple query regarding apple operating system..
Can we install apple's MacOs on any of the other laptops as Asus or Dell?
Please let me know as Apple is lot moew costly and i want the OS just for ipad and iphone programming...So please reply me asap if you know

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hacks-jai...s-x-lion-laptop-create-dual-boot-machine.html

pratik385

In the zone
Hey guys,
i recently reinstalled win7, i'm having trouble with microphone, it goes well when i record using win sound recorder but through gmail or facebook, its not working

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
In gmail, adjust the settings. Once I had faced same problem, some tinkering in settings and it went good. Can't say about fb, as I don't use it.

prvprv

Journeyman
1) Suggest an LED monitor with HDMI input 23" for <10k to use with my asus laptop (or 23" IPS lcd or led for <12k)

2) Suggest good USB speakers for <1k

3) laptop cooling pad for <700

4) How to use 5.1 speakers with this laptop?

5) Is installing screen guard an easy process or should i take it to the shopwala?

6) Can i connect the charger and let it be for 24 x 7 even the battery is fully charged? Will it degrade the battery performance?

Marks: 6 * 20 = 120:wink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) Benq G222HDL

2) This.

3) This for 14 inches. Or this.

4) amp ? :|

5) You don't need that :D

6) Yes, No. Charger auto cuts after full charge.

sai_ssnk

Right off the assembly line
First of all, thanks to everyone for their suggestions earlier last month.

I decided to extend my budget a bit and got the Acer 5755G ( Am totally down with that! :D for around 36-37K without accessories )

Now, I'm in search for a cooler for this 15.6 inch behemoth.

My budget is around 1K~1.2K MAX ( I can't extend my budget this time :\ )

I'm open to any brand.

Suggestions please?

And I think metal ones offer more dissipation of heat so I'd prefer metal ones. Multiple fans and their manual positioning is probably stretching it a bit too far though.

I'll use it mainly on the desk or on the bed but not on the lap ( this thing is heavy ).

I just want it to be super-effective and built solidly.

sai_ssnk

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Notepal X Slim Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Logitech N120 AP Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master NotePal I300 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Cooler Master NotePal L1 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

Flipkart.com: Logitech N100 Cooling Pad: Cooling Pad

The names of each of them are present in the links and these are the ones from CM and Logitech that fit the bill for my laptop ( I haven't checked other solid brands. Wouldn't mind checking them out if they're more bang for the buck )

It would also be helpful if you guys could place them in an order depending on their capabilities.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
which one will be better for games like BF3, GTA4??
budget 30k max

ASUS X53TA with AMD A6 3400M 1.4GHz quad core APU with 6650 1GB [Xfire with onboard GPU = 6720G2] [it does not run openGL games with dedicated 6650, instead switches to less powerful onboard card]

or K53SC : 2nd gen i3 with GT520M

or P53E : 2nd gen core i5 with onboard HD3000

Samsung NP300-E5Z-S01IN : 2nd gen i3 with GT520mx

which one will be better for games like BF3, GTA4??
budget 30k max

ASUS X53TA with AMD A6 3400M 1.4GHz quad core APU with 6650 1GB [Xfire with onboard GPU = 6720G2] [it does not run openGL games with dedicated 6650, instead switches to less powerful onboard card]

or K53SC : 2nd gen i3 with GT520M

or P53E : 2nd gen core i5 with onboard HD3000

Samsung NP300-E5Z-S01IN : 2nd gen i3 with GT520mx

Gamer295

I have dell vostro 1310. yeah! yeah! i know its old pc and feel like calling "Jaadu" frm "Koi mil gaya" every time i working on it. i have 2 question :

1)Can I Upgrade my RAM? Its 2 GB right now.

2)if yes than can i play FIFA 12 in my lappy? My Friend has has pc with 2gb ram(with no GPU). he can play FIFA 12 with some lag. Will more 2GB of ram will remove that lag on my lappy?

Please help thanks in advance.

kbar1

Journeyman
^^
1. Yes, you can. It has two slots, max. 4GB. Run CPU-Z to see if you have a single 2GB stick or two 1GB sticks.

2. Yes, FIFA 12 might work, since it *may* have a NVIDIA 8400GS (source: [trustedreviews.com]). Else, you're out of luck. Check to be sure.

Last edited:

utkarsh73

Journeyman
There is some problem with my Lenovo Ideapad Y560's bluetooth and WiFi adapters. There is a physical switch to turn on the wireless adapters situated next to my card reader. When I turn it on, the notification is shown like this

*dl.dropbox.com/u/62898354/wifi%20on.PNG

But the adapters does not turns on. I tried to restore it back to a yesterday created restore point but same problem persists. Next I tried Restoring laptop to factory settings but to no avail and then I reinstalled windows and problem has not fixed.
What else can I do before sending it to the service centre???

kbar1

Journeyman
Next I tried Restoring laptop to factory settings but to no avail and then I reinstalled windows and problem has not fixed.

Did you use the OneKey Recovery?

There must be a WLAN option in BIOS. See if its enabled.

Have you tried enabling WLAN manually, i.e. using the Fn+F5 (or something similar, I forgot)? I think a window with option for enabling/disabling WiFi and BT will appear.

Still, the problem shouldn't have persisted even after OS reinstalls.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Did you use the OneKey Recovery?

There must be a WLAN option in BIOS. See if its enabled.

Have you tried enabling WLAN manually, i.e. using the Fn+F5 (or something similar, I forgot)? I think a window with option for enabling/disabling WiFi and BT will appear.

Still, the problem shouldn't have persisted even after OS reinstalls.

Yes I used OneKey Recovery and also installed another copy of windows after that. I tried using Fn+f5 earlier but it only turns on the bluetooth but not WiFi.

Update:
Now the switch is also working for both Wifi and bluetooth. Don't know how but the problem is solved.

kbar1

Journeyman
Now the switch is also working for both Wifi and bluetooth. Don't know how but the problem is solved.

Just by itself? You are one lucky dude.

Problem with the hardware switch maybe? My Y560 used to do something similar. Not the WiFi, but the graphics switching slider. Then I stopped using it and used the software controls...

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Just by itself? You are one lucky dude.

Problem with the hardware switch maybe? My Y560 used to do something similar. Not the WiFi, but the graphics switching slider. Then I stopped using it and used the software controls...

yeah......just by itself:-D Same problem occurred some 9 months back and was solved in the same way......:mrgreen:

kbar1

Journeyman
A laptop with Core i5 costs 6.8k more than another one with i3. Other specs are good enough for me. Is it worth it?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
with i5, you get only 1 extra thing. turbo boost. now i am not sure how much this will help but don't expect some epic performance hit. whatever performance you'll get, it'll be minor one. also you'll get GPU turbo (which too won't help a lot) just like i5s.

so, if you can save ~7k, go for i3. or look for one with a discrete GPU (not GT510 or 520 crap) in the same range as i5.

kbar1

Journeyman
I was referring to [this] and [this].
Apart from CPU, the other thing changed is presence of USB 3.0. But I don't think I'll need it.

Top Bottom