All laptop related queries here!!!

tamalsen

Broken In
under 30k device

Hey guys i need a laptop with decent performance. The more futureproof it is for games the better. The cheapest option is not a laptop , but the asus 1201n netbook with ion graphics for basic gaming. But if you have any particular models in mind which are under 30k and give way better hd video playback, multitasking as well as gaming, then suggest it right away! Please help, i want to buy it tomorrow!

ritish

Journeyman
hi friends,
could somebody qoute the latest price of the internal laptop hard disk prices for 320 GB, 512 GB & 1024 GB.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I need a i7 based lappy which will be mainly used as a desktop replacement. AV editing and light to moderate gaming, so I want a dedicated graphics card with it too. It need not to be light as I wont travel much.

Now I have two laptops in mind :

1. Dell Studion XPS 16

2. Acer Aspire 8940G

Have a friend working in Dell, so will get the xps at around 65K. I do not know the price of Acer one but the config looks good.

Please help me choosing one.

Thanks
Soumya

george101

Good Boy
I am still waiting to know a laptop with good graphics card performance

How are these laptops???

Acer Aspire 5740-6378

Sony VAIO E-Series

Dell Studio XPS 13/xps 16

iBuypower Battalion 101 FX-925Z

Sony is the best

Check out EB16

its got HD 5650 and is priced only at 50k!!! am gonna get one at 48k!!! :razz:

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Hey guys i need a laptop with decent performance. The more futureproof it is for games the better. The cheapest option is not a laptop , but the asus 1201n netbook with ion graphics for basic gaming. But if you have any particular models in mind which are under 30k and give way better hd video playback, multitasking as well as gaming, then suggest it right away! Please help, i want to buy it tomorrow!

its better to live without laptop than to get that one :???:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
@George , so did you get the VAIO ? How is its performance mate ? I have a similar budget ( max 65 K ) and wanna get a gaming laptop .... also does it get hot ? I was reading somewhere that the ati card and gpu is underclocked in VAIO laptops , is that true ?

@Dark Soul , same question to you.

also to you all , how is VAIO service and etc?

sumangh01

Broken In
Dear Friends,
I want to buy a Laptop with following needs:

1. Price should be below 35K.
2. Brand anything but should give performance.
3. Memory: 4GB must
4. Hard Disk : 320GB min.
5. suitable Processor.
6. Graphics should be max as possible to run hi quality HD video/game.
7. OS is not mandatory. Dos/Linux will work.

I live at Kolkata. Please help me.

zboy123

Broken In
How did I miss this thread before :(
OK guys here's the deal. Help me choose a Vaio out of these two -
Please suggest which would be a better option -
*www.sony.co.in/product/Compar...dels=VPCCW26FG

VPCEB16FG - E Series
Intel® Core™ i3-330M processor 2.13 GHz *1
Display - 15.5 (39.37 cm) wide (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM
eSATA / USB port x 1
Wireless LAN Frequency-2.4 GHz (802.11b/g/n)
2.7 kg (including the supplied battery)

VPCCW26FG - CW Series
Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz*1
Display - 14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA++: 1600 x 900) TFT colour display (VAIO Display, LED Backlight)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU with CUDA™ Technology 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM
No eSATA port
Wireless LAN Frequency - 5 GHz (802.11a/n), 2.4 GHz (802.11b/g/n)
2.4 kg (including the supplied battery)

I was thinking of getting CW cuz of better processor, faster wifi and better battery backup but battery drain complains and higher resolution on E series one have me confused.

Please suggest what would be a better machine of the two models listed.

P.S. - CW one is about 170$ more expensive than E series one.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
So Folks how are your VAIO machines performing ?

@Sony's site I just noted a newmodel come in --

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpcea16fg

14 (35.6 cm) VAIO E Series (Green)

VAIO E Series is equipped with a 14 (35.6 cm), 16:9 Real Wide display. The ATI Mobility Radeon™ GPU assures high-resolution video gaming. The Glossy transparent finish overlaying a dot gradation provides a fresh and vivid image.

• Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
• 14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA:1366 x 768) VAIO Display, LED backlight
• ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics

Now i am wondering whether to go for the vpceb16 with the core i3 processor or this one ! damn .... well this one does have a more powerful proc but smaller screen... hmm

zboy123

Broken In
So Folks how are your VAIO machines performing ?

@Sony's site I just noted a newmodel come in --

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpcea16fg

Now i am wondering whether to go for the vpceb16 with the core i3 processor or this one ! damn .... well this one does have a more powerful proc but smaller screen... hmm

Not only does it has a smaller screen but also a smaller resolution. i had a chance to look at various Vaio models this weekend and was really impressed by 1920x1080 resolution display on VPCEB16. I myself was hell bent on getting the core i5 processor unless I saw the display on CEB16. Go have a look urself.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Re: Toshiba Laptop

yo may ask the hp guys to get the os removed from your laptop. Depending on a few factors, like their approach to those above in the hierarchy they can get that done. I've seen that happen. In that case they will give you a rebate of about 2000-3000 rs. THEY WON'T REBATE THE ACTUAL MARKET PRICE OF THE OS BECAUSE THE COMAPNY GETS THE OEM VERSIONS OF THE OS WHICH COSTS THEM LESS.

I am not sure i m fortunate enough to find that kind of retailer, coz i will be buying from Ranchi.
Anyway i have figured out HP ProBook series laptop also suits my requirements..
for instance HP probook 4520 is in my budget.. but can anyone advice me if it has option of going for free DOS version? The HP websites gives Freedos as an option but other laptop review sites do not mention the same.

Tekky

Broken In
Hello all,
I have a question from VPCEB16FG/B owners.
I heard it has a single partition so my question is that do they supply DRIVER DISC incase i choose to re-format the laptop ?
I couldn't find Windows 7 drivers on their site i.e. *www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb16fg
Thanks

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Just came back from Acer Mall ( Bangalore, near Marathahalli Bridge , will provide contatct details on request ) , they are stocking Acer Aspire 5740G with intel icore i5 and 1 gb Ati HD5650 , price - Rs.44,500 and 3500 bucks more if you want extended 3 years warranty. They were almost shutting the mall when I went in so didn't get a good look at the model, will go sometime tomorrow to have a better look and feel.

Compared to Sony vPCEA16FG , its almost 13 grand cheaper whew , gotta look around a bit to see if its really performing well for others.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Just came back from Acer Mall ( Bangalore, near Marathahalli Bridge , will provide contatct details on request ) , they are stocking Acer Aspire 5740G with intel icore i5 and 1 gb Ati HD5650 , price - Rs.44,500 and 3500 bucks more if you want extended 3 years warranty. They were almost shutting the mall when I went in so didn't get a good look at the model, will go sometime tomorrow to have a better look and feel.

Compared to Sony vPCEA16FG , its almost 13 grand cheaper whew , gotta look around a bit to see if its really performing well for others.

can you give me the exact location?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Acer mall marathalli contact number is [ Ravi Kumar Kurni - 9342150154 , Nasir - 9900785881 ] . Its Opposite to the Innovative Multiplex , few buildings before Sony Center.

Today I also went to Computerwarehouse Shop in MG Road, and the same model ( Acer 5740G , i5 proc, 500 gb hd, ati 1 gb hd 5650, 4 gb ram ) they are selling at 42,600 , almost 2 grand cheaper. Their contact # is 9844610203.

And I am still undecided. grr.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Thanks for the info.
Actually I am looking for some other models, 5943G namely. Looking for a i7 based monster. I have heard that they have launched new aspire and ethos series. But need to confirm if they are available in India or not

zboy123

Broken In
Hello all,
I have a question from VPCEB16FG/B owners.
I heard it has a single partition so my question is that do they supply DRIVER DISC incase i choose to re-format the laptop ?
I couldn't find Windows 7 drivers on their site i.e. *www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb16fg
Thanks

Dude it has Windows 7, you can shrink you C drive and create more partitions. I did in mine Vaio E series within minutes and now have 4 drives.

They don't supply any additional Windows or drivers CD/DVD. You have to create recovery disks yourself using Vaio recovery center. I did for mine yesterday only. Ohh and if you're confused yet buy it in full HD..... it's a great entertainment machine.

Tekky

Broken In
sony e series comes with free bag ?
thanks

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Dude it has Windows 7, you can shrink you C drive and create more partitions. I did in mine Vaio E series within minutes and now have 4 drives.

They don't supply any additional Windows or drivers CD/DVD. You have to create recovery disks yourself using Vaio recovery center. I did for mine yesterday only. Ohh and if you're confused yet buy it in full HD..... it's a great entertainment machine.

how to shrink ?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys where can i buy laptop without operating system sony vaio or acer.
please help.

Hi Sundesz , many acer models come with Linux OS , just check out the

*www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/downloadpricelist.asp?file=LAPTOPS-Pricelist.xls

and you will find the models.

Top Bottom