All laptop related queries here!!!

sony e series comes with free bag ?
thanks

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

how to shrink ?

use disk management - however it would shrink only to half of hdd, from that half you could slice the pieces as you want and remaining half remains as C drive.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
any news of dell price slash. A thread in tech section claim studio price slashed by 3-4k.

The Studio 15 with core i7 and ATI 4570 is now available for 50K : *configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=s541019in8&c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

previously it was available for 54.9K ~ 55K

But they have not cut down the prices of XPS 16 with i7 and ATI 4670. Now the Studio is cheaper by 24K with only a better graphics card on board and rest of the configuration is same

techno0065

Broken In
hi guys..i am looking to buy a new lappy for college.maximum budget is 35000.i will be using it mostly for my college work,net,movies,music and very ocasionaly some gaming. i have olmost decided for da new dell inspron 15R which have been launched recently anfd feature core i3 processors.i already own a dell studio and am satisfied with it.can u guys plz tell some other laptops from hp,sony,toshiba or lenovo which can give some fight to the dell??

INS-ANI

In the zone
Went to retail outlets, saw HP Probook series.. but they don't yet have Probook with I series processors..
Any body has idea when they will be launching the same in india?

techno0065

Broken In
can somebody plz reply. i am going for the new dell inspiron 15R which will cost me around 36000 with 512 mb ati graphic card including taxes.specs are-
Intel(R)Core(TM) i3-330M (2.13Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M 1
cache)
3gb ram,320 gb hard disk and rest is standard things on dell inspirons
anybody who has bought it or going to buy one plz share some info on it like about some problems.i have heard the speakers on this are at the bottom.is it rite?i am quite satisfied with my dell studio which i am using for 1 year.i hope the inspiron will be same.plz reply guyzz.i am gonna buy one soon.

harperstan27

Right off the assembly line
Hello,i want to buy a laptop which can play all latest games like crysis 2 etc i also want to use it for multimedia purpose. my budget is 42000.
please suggest which laptop i should buy.also please tell whether directx11 games are compactible with directx10 cards.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello,i want to buy a laptop which can play all latest games like crysis 2 etc i also want to use it for multimedia purpose. my budget is 42000.
please suggest which laptop i should buy.also please tell whether directx11 games are compactible with directx10 cards.

Hi , i bought Acer Aspire 5740G i5 for 44600 bucks and it plays all games. You can look for this laptop though its so much in demand its out of stock at many places. Here's a link to the laptops review.
*www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/acer-aspire-5740g-6979.aspx

Highlights..
  • Intel Core i5 processor
  • Ati Radeon HD5650 1 gb grfx ( one of the best now available )
  • 4 gb ddr3 ram

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
If anyone from bangalore looking for the above mentioned laptop, can get it at HyperCity mall, kundanahallo gate. I went there yesterday and saw it on display.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
If anyone from bangalore looking for the above mentioned laptop, can get it at HyperCity mall, kundanahallo gate. I went there yesterday and saw it on display.

Hi , thanks for the info I will pass this to a friend who is looking for the same laptop but is mostly returning empty handed!! :))

Tekky

Broken In
I bought the E series VPCEB16FG (Black) :). I paid 49990 + 2100 (For one year extended warranty).

I got a bag, laptop cleaning kit, pouch, USB mouse, laptop body skin! (Ferrari scuderia poster to stick on the outside)
Still haven't played any games on it yet, will soon do that and post the results here. :razz:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I have a question. The hard disk is not partitioned, entire 500 GB is in one unit. I want one small partition as C: and rest as D:
What is the best way to do this?
Shall I create the recovery disk and format the entire harddisk and reinstall from the recovery or shrink the volume C: without formating and reinstalling.

from where did you buy the laptop ? i bought it today from nehru place in delhi but did not get any freebies. just a carry bag.
did you manage to create partitions ?

rkneo11

Broken In
I bought the E series VPCEB16FG (Black) :). I paid 49990 + 2100 (For one year extended warranty).

I got a bag, laptop cleaning kit, pouch, USB mouse, laptop body skin! (Ferrari scuderia poster to stick on the outside)
Still haven't played any games on it yet, will soon do that and post the results here. :razz:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I have a question. The hard disk is not partitioned, entire 500 GB is in one unit. I want one small partition as C: and rest as D:
What is the best way to do this?
Shall I create the recovery disk and format the entire harddisk and reinstall from the recovery or shrink the volume C: without formating and reinstalling.

Use a partition manager... Nowadays a lot of good free ones are available like EASEUS Partition Master available at *www.partition-tool.com/

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Yesterday I went to sp road,bangalore looking to buy hp pavilion dv6-2164tx. searched the whole area but it is out of stock. called up computer warehouse @ mg road and they said its available. it was raining heavily. still I went there, and found they dont have that one too.
Finding i7 processor based laptops here seems to be a problem :(

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
^
Even with Core i7, the best gpu on offer with dell is 5470. The hp one has a GT230, which is a little better than the gpus offered by dell.

Their xps 16 has 4670 but then it has throttling issues. And it is not yet solved.

That's why I have choose HP over Dell:wink:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Yesterday bought hp pavilion dv6 - 2164tx
from microport inside ITPL itself.
final price - 61.5k
WEI score :

Processor : 7
ram : 7.5
both graphics : 6.4
hd : 5.9
overall : 5.9

returned at around 9:30. and after that was busy transferring data from other laptop so could not check anything else. will post more this weekend

Top Bottom