All laptop related queries here!!!

Dark Soul

Broken In
^^ Thanks

Just two more questions.

1. E series drivers are not available on the internet but CW's are, so is there any other way to get the original drivers for E series? Because most probably I will be installing XP so I would need drivers.

2. Can anyone suggest a good Sony showroom in bangalore, who provide good offers, discounts....?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^ Thanks

Just two more questions.

1. E series drivers are not available on the internet but CW's are, so is there any other way to get the original drivers for E series? Because most probably I will be installing XP so I would need drivers.

2. Can anyone suggest a good Sony showroom in bangalore, who provide good offers, discounts....?

why xp?
anyway the only drivers u'll be needing is for graphics card which is available.... others will be easily available

ssk_the_gr8

Xp is light on resources so good for games atleast Directx 9.0 games.
How to get other drivers other than graphics card?

dude xp is old.
u're getting windows 7 with it... its much better than xp.
& sony will provide u drivers for windows 7 cause its the default operating system

Dark Soul

Broken In
I bought the E series VPCEB16FG (Black) :). I paid 49990 + 2100 (For one year extended warranty).

I got a bag, laptop cleaning kit, pouch, USB mouse, laptop body skin! (Ferrari scuderia poster to stick on the outside)
Still haven't played any games on it yet, will soon do that and post the results here. :razz:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I have a question. The hard disk is not partitioned, entire 500 GB is in one unit. I want one small partition as C: and rest as D:
What is the best way to do this?
Shall I create the recovery disk and format the entire harddisk and reinstall from the recovery or shrink the volume C: without formating and reinstalling.

tamalsen

Broken In
Laptop/Notebook help

I am in dire need of some mobile computing and for the buying advise i need your help. First and foremost , some questions and then let me clarify my limitations.
The lighter the device the better, when i move around i carry around chargers for 2 phones, the phones themselves, an slr camera .A laptop/netbook on top of that would kill my already fragile back. I am a little confused about buying a netbook or a laptop- a netbook is ultra light, and it would restrict me from wasting too much time playing video games, but most of them have no dvd rom drive. What i absolutely need out of my device, other than the weight restriction is that it should be able to comfortably play at least 720p hd video, and handle some minor programs like final draft and some photo editing software. Some of the netbooks like the asus eeepc 1201 has the nvidia ion graphics which makes it play even 1080p video without any problems. One other question- just how much is the i3 a performance increase over the core 2 duo? is it worth that investment? i wont mind spending even 40k, but then i would prefer having a full 1080p screen along with a blu ray drive and of course a system that can playback such video. Of course if it can play games like batman arkham asylum in even mid/low settings that would be the perfect icing on the cake. How are brands like msi as far as laptops and service is concerned? Any suggestions?

I bought the E series VPCEB16FG (Black) :). I paid 49990 + 2100 (For one year extended warranty).

I got a bag, laptop cleaning kit, pouch, USB mouse, laptop body skin! (Ferrari scuderia poster to stick on the outside)
Still haven't played any games on it yet, will soon do that and post the results here. :razz:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I have a question. The hard disk is not partitioned, entire 500 GB is in one unit. I want one small partition as C: and rest as D:
What is the best way to do this?
Shall I create the recovery disk and format the entire harddisk and reinstall from the recovery or shrink the volume C: without formating and reinstalling.

congratulations on your price, very col stuff,
while shrinking it will hlave the C drive to 250gb, better reformat it by creating partitions with any partition manager and reinstall from recovery discs.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I am still waiting to know a laptop with good graphics card performance

How are these laptops???

Acer Aspire 5740-6378

Sony VAIO E-Series

Dell Studio XPS 13/xps 16

iBuypower Battalion 101 FX-925Z

ssk_the_gr8

^^Acer Aspire 5740-6378.. this is what i'd suggest
look for laptops which have atleast radeon 5650.. dont buy anything below that

Dark Soul

Broken In
congratulations on your price, very col stuff,
while shrinking it will hlave the C drive to 250gb, better reformat it by creating partitions with any partition manager and reinstall from recovery discs.

Thanks.
Even I thought the same, I checked shrinking, windows cannot shrink it beyond 230GB because of scattered or unmovable files.
I will partition and reinstall.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

How are these laptops???

Acer Aspire 5740-6378

Sony VAIO E-Series

According to many reviews ATI HD5650 seems to be a good enough card. I will try out some games on my lappy (Vaio EB16FG) and let you know the frame rates.

INS-ANI

In the zone
hey guys, me buying my second lappy by june.
I have zeroed in on vostro 1520, as i am only interested in performance.
you can find its features @ here
*www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/business/no...aspx?refid=laptop-vostro-1520&s=bsd&cs=inbsd1

I have selected the free dos model.
My usage is mainly educational and some personal. gaming is gonna be low, but i would like to run some worthy games, though i may not be able to play it long.
My budget is 40k.

I need your suggestion on following points:
1) Should i upgrade my processor?
2) or should i add a 256MB Graphics card?
which will add to performance?
3) Is there any better alternative @same price?

And a question to people who know abt price fluctuations:
Should i buy now or later? I can delay my purchase till mid july. Any festivals or potential price deduction coming up?
I blv I will get better price if i buy in july, but still need your advice.

ssk_the_gr8

hey guys, me buying my second lappy by june.
I have zeroed in on vostro 1520, as i am only interested in performance.
you can find its features @ here
*www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/business/no...aspx?refid=laptop-vostro-1520&s=bsd&cs=inbsd1

I have selected the free dos model.
My usage is mainly educational and some personal. gaming is gonna be low, but i would like to run some worthy games, though i may not be able to play it long.
My budget is 40k.

I need your suggestion on following points:
1) Should i upgrade my processor?
2) or should i add a 256MB Graphics card?
which will add to performance?
3) Is there any better alternative @same price?

And a question to people who know abt price fluctuations:
Should i buy now or later? I can delay my purchase till mid july. Any festivals or potential price deduction coming up?
I blv I will get better price if i buy in july, but still need your advice.

for the kind of usage you have you dont need a dedicated graphics card... it decreases battery life a lot

i find HP Pavilion DV6-2001au a better alternative at this price...

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF25a/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-4011364.html

u get more ram... + W7 and much better graphics

i dont see any price reductions. coming...till mid july...

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hey man, thanks for replying.
Regarding your suggestion, can you help me with these:
1) How is AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core compared to intel C2D?
2) Is there any similar HP model with free DOS?
IMO, as i already have a licensed version of OS, its useless to pay for the same. That was the main reason i was intrested in dell vostro. The only thing which kept me from buying is dell's heating problem.

Dark Soul

Broken In

How are these laptops???

Acer Aspire 5740-6378

Sony VAIO E-Series

Vaio E series (EB16FG)

Windows 7 Experience rating
1. Processor - 6.2
2. Memory - 5.9
3. Graphics - 6.6
4. Gaming Graphics - 6.6
5. Hard disk - 5.8

I played crysis with resolution 1280X720, all settings set to very high, anti aliasing 2X. I get a very smooth gameplay \, with absolutely no glitchs.

JP1016

Right off the assembly line
Help regarding abt buying n evaluating acer 5740g?

Hey guyz
im planing 2 buy a lappy,acer 5740g 6979
wats ur opinion abt it?
Here is its config,
4gb ram,1gb ati hd 5650,500gb hdd,
i need answerz 4,
how wel it perform?
Wat abt gaming xperience?
Plz gimme valuable feedback abt dis lappy?
Can any one tel me were it is available at chenai , ie near avadi?
Wats its lowest n mrp price?

HEMANTRATURI

Broken In
Toshiba Laptop

Hey Guys,please advise on buying Toshiba l500-d9810 Laptop.I don't seem to find any details or reviews anywhere, including Toshiba-india.com

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
Re: Toshiba Laptop

Hey Guys,please advise on buying Toshiba l500-d9810 Laptop.I don't seem to find any details or reviews anywhere, including Toshiba-india.com
I'm not sure but not many people go with Toshiba now because there is servicing problem for it. It probably has very few service centers (probably only near a few big cities) in the country and so the service is not fast. This may be the reason that there are not many reviews for the same. Try some more googling if you are very particular about buying Toshiba. In my opinion first ensure if there is a service center near the place you live, considering the places you might be moving to due to bussiness purposes (if that case applies).

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Hey man, thanks for replying.
Regarding your suggestion, can you help me with these:
1) How is AMD Athlon™ II Dual-Core compared to intel C2D?
2) Is there any similar HP model with free DOS?
IMO, as i already have a licensed version of OS, its useless to pay for the same. That was the main reason i was intrested in dell vostro. The only thing which kept me from buying is dell's heating problem.

yo may ask the hp guys to get the os removed from your laptop. Depending on a few factors, like their approach to those above in the hierarchy they can get that done. I've seen that happen. In that case they will give you a rebate of about 2000-3000 rs. THEY WON'T REBATE THE ACTUAL MARKET PRICE OF THE OS BECAUSE THE COMAPNY GETS THE OEM VERSIONS OF THE OS WHICH COSTS THEM LESS.

Top Bottom