All laptop related queries here!!!

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
^ I too have a key below my notebook ie back side, no 64 bit win7:smile:

couldnt get you dude...... whether you have the serial to 64 bit win or 32 bit windows????? and moreover when purse doesnt allow or you are simply not in mood...... use softwares like the majority of population does.....

couldnt get you dude...... whether you have the serial to 64 bit win or 32 bit windows????? and moreover when purse doesnt allow or you are simply not in mood...... use softwares like the majority of population does.....

my notebook was preloaded with win7 32 bit, as elsewhere it was said that same key could be used for 64 bit, so i asked for it, at present am not able to use all 4 gb ram..........from whence the question of purse came:?:?:

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
apart from when windows come preloaded on desktops and laptops, i dont remember seeing many fellowmates who give a penny from their purse to mr.gates, thats where purse came from. anyways i am not sure whther you have same serial for 32 bit and 64 bit or not, but then you can definitely install windows home premium using that key. If you are interested i would gladly pm you the link to home premium 64 bit iso...... from microsoft website......

apart from when windows come preloaded on desktops and laptops, i dont remember seeing many fellowmates who give a penny from their purse to mr.gates, thats where purse came from. anyways i am not sure whther you have same serial for 32 bit and 64 bit or not, but then you can definitely install windows home premium using that key. If you are interested i would gladly pm you the link to home premium 64 bit iso...... from microsoft website......

yep thank you please do that- pm the link to me, as I read in other forum where the guy contacted the HP person , who said its possible( I too have doubt on this)

I want to buy a laptop but confused between 3 vendors:
Dell,HP,Vaio
My requirements are
:

[FONT=&quot]Processor[/FONT]
Core i-5 (540M, 2 cores/4 threads, 2.53GHz turbo boost up to 3.06 GHz, 3 MB Intel Smart Cache, 32nm Fabrication, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology)
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) or Professional
Display
14 or 15.6 " HD Ready (720p)WLED Display with TrueLife™/
15.6 "Full HD(1080p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLife™
Memory
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (Work at 1066MHz for Intel Arrandale CPU)
Hard Disk
500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive/
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Graphics Solution
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570/

nVidia 330M or nVidia solution

Please tell which brand
& which models u suggets
Thanks in advance

My Budget is 50,000-54000

Last edited:

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
I want to buy a laptop but confused between 3 vendors:
Dell,HP,Vaio
My requirements are
:

[FONT=&quot]Processor[/FONT]
Core i-5 (540M, 2 cores/4 threads, 2.53GHz turbo boost up to 3.06 GHz, 3 MB Intel Smart Cache, 32nm Fabrication, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology)
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) or Professional
Display
15.6 " HD Ready (720p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLife™/
15.6 "Full HD(1080p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLife™
Memory
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (Work at 1066MHz for Intel Arrandale CPU)
Hard Disk
500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive/
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Graphics Solution
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570/

nVidia 310M or nVidia solution

Please tell which brand
& which models u suggets
Thanks in advance

Since HP's India site is not updated, I can't comment upon the same.

I have Vaio CW26FG and I'm pretty happy with my buy and would suggest you the same. But it contains i5-520 as against i5-540 which you have mentioned, but that won't make a huge difference, just 130MHz of extra clock. Also it contains a 14-inch display as against 15.6. For me that works because I don't like the BIG LOOK of 15.6 and also since I need to move with my laptop.

th1nkd1g1t

Right off the assembly line
dell laptop comparison

Hi... i'm planning to buy a dell laptop, but i'm confused between 2 models...i want to run 3d applications like maya and for gaming purpose also...which one u guys think i should go for?

Dell(TM) Studio 15 Laptop (S541033IN8)
*i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif SYSTEM COMPONENTS Dell(TM) Studio 15 Laptop (S541033IN8)
Qty 1 Base System (Direct), Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) Unit Price Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges extra Rs.40,899.99
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor (2.26Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M cache)

Memory 3GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2G+1 x 1G) (Work at 1066MHz for Intel Arrandale CPU)

Keyboard Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
Video Card 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
Hard Drive 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Optical Drive Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities Audio Solution Integrated Stereo Sound with Subwoofer Software Microsoft(R) Works Include Microsoft(R) Home & Student 60 Days Trial Pre-install Dell Service: Hardware Maintenance 1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis Palmrest Option IMR Chain Link Palmrest Wireless Network Card Dell 1520 Wireless-N Card Bluetooth Module Dell(TM) Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module Dell Service: Remark Dell's Terms and Conditions apply Dell Service: Remark Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date Batteries 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery Carrying Cases No Carrying Case Item Included in the System Break the seal sticker Item Included in the System Dell(TM) PC-Restore Included Item Included in the System Shipment Mod Item Included in the System WINDOWS-LIVE Item Included in the System Discount is only valid if the corresponding upgraded item is selected above. Item Included in the System Limited time promotional offer only. No further discounts apply. Item Included in the System Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 Item Included in the System 34mm ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PC CARDS) Item Included in the System Mod Specs Info (India) Item Included in the System ICC Regulatory Label Item Included in the System Power Cord (IND) Item Included in the System Ergonomic noise isolation in-ear earbud - Creative EP-630 Item Included in the System System Media Kit Item Included in the System System Drivers Security Software McAfee™ Security Center (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version System Documentation System Documentation (English) Camera Bezel with Integrated 2.0MP Web Cam Optional Notebook Colour Kits Chainlink Black with Black U-Trim Microsoft OS Labels Windows® 7 Label Adobe Reader Adobe Reader (English) Label Options Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 Label Display 15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ Freight Charges Studio-NB Handling & Insurance Charges /Express Premium Delivery Charges Delivery charges not included Other Software Dell DataSafe Local Backup Basic Power Supply 90W AC Adapter Dell Services: Dell Remote Access Dell Remote Access, free basic service Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service Dell Online Backup 2GB TOTAL Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges extra:Rs.40,899.99

*i.dell.com/images/global/configurator/chassis/inspiron-1564.jpg Dell™ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541205IN8)
*i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif SYSTEM COMPONENTS Dell™ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541205IN8)
Qty 1 Base for Direct, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) Unit Price Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges extra Rs.41,899.99
*i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.26Ghz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.53 GHz, 3M cache)

Memory 4GB (2 X 2GB) Dual Channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Keyboard Internal Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
Video Card 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 Hard Drive 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Optical Drive 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability Audio Solution Integrated Stereo Sound with SRS Premium Sound Software Microsoft® Works (Including Microsoft® Home & Student 60 Days Trial Pre-installed) Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance 1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis WinRE WinRE software Wireless Network Card Dell 1397 Wireless-G card Bluetooth Module Dell(TM)Wireless 365 2.1 Bluetooth(R) Adapter Dell Service: Remark Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date Dell Service: Remark Dell's Terms and Conditions apply Batteries 48 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery Carrying Cases No Case Item Included in the System Country Info Mod (INDIA) Item Included in the System Internal 10/100 Fast Ethernet Item Included in the System Dell connect Item Included in the System Adobe Reader 9.0 Item Included in the System WINDOWS-LIVE Item Included in the System Discount is only valid if the corresponding upgraded item is selected above. Item Included in the System Limited time promotional offer only. No further discounts apply. Item Included in the System System Driver MOD Item Included in the System Ship mod for WW except recycle Security Software McAfee(TM) Security Center (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version Camera Integrated 1.3 mega pixel webcam, with Sensible Vision FastAccess Facial Recognition Software Optional Notebook Colour Kits Obsidian Black Microsoft OS Labels Windows(R) 7 OS Label Label Options CPU label, for I5 Display 15.6” High Definition 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ Freight Charges Inspiron-NB Handling & Insurance Charges /Express Premium Delivery Charges Delivery charges not included Power Option 90W AC Adapter Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service Dell Online Backup 2GB
TOTAL Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges extra:Rs.41,899.99

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Honestly speaking i dont think either of them are good enough for maya or gaming......
I am no expert on maya but then i am pretty sure you should atleast stick to the studio 15 with i7 proccy..................... others can give you better idea on this

abhayvir

Broken In
hi guys!
Need to know a few things. I am planning to buy a new laptop budget max 50k.
Right now my choices are Acer Aspire 5740g and Dell studio 15.

Although both computers are nearly the same but the price difference is huge 10k or around.

I've been using a Acer laptop for last 5 years and love my machine, except that I totally resent the company's after sales support (had terrible experiences).

So suggest me is it worth spending extra 10k for dell?

I am getting aspire 5740g for 39500(nehru place) and dell 15 for 49000 (online).

Moreover since my primary usage is 2D designing and 3D modelling- is another model, aspire 5542g any good. Yes I want a decent future proof computer.

Finally, please suggest other models under 50k.

thanks
abhay vir

~~Big Boss~~

Broken In
I want to buy my second laptop, right now i have a compaq but itz 4yrs old.
so guys help me out, Dell or Acer? which one to go for...
seems Acer is bit cheaper, but is it trust worthy?

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
hi guys!
Need to know a few things. I am planning to buy a new laptop budget max 50k.
Right now my choices are Acer Aspire 5740g and Dell studio 15.

Although both computers are nearly the same but the price difference is huge 10k or around.

I've been using a Acer laptop for last 5 years and love my machine, except that I totally resent the company's after sales support (had terrible experiences).

So suggest me is it worth spending extra 10k for dell?

I am getting aspire 5740g for 39500(nehru place) and dell 15 for 49000 (online).

Moreover since my primary usage is 2D designing and 3D modelling- is another model, aspire 5542g any good. Yes I want a decent future proof computer.

Finally, please suggest other models under 50k.

thanks
abhay vir

I would suggest you to also consider Sony VPCEB16FG for Rs. 49,990/- because it contains a BETTER GPU than Dell Studio 15 has to offer. Refer- *www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html
However if you have had issues with service then I suggest not to go with Acer.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Compaq Presario CQ40-601TU Technical Specifiaction:

* Free DOS
* 14.1″ inch (1280×800 pixels) High-Definition Widescreen Display
* Intel Dual Core T4400 Processor (2.20 GHz, 1 MB Cache)
* Intel GMA 4500MHD (shared)
* 3GB DDR2 RAM
* 320GB Hard Disk
* DVD Writer
* WLAN 802.11 b/g
* High speed 56K modem
* Webcam with integrated Mic
* Altec Lansing Speakers
* 3 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI port
* 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery with 65w adaptor
* Weight – 2.31Kg

How is this laptop..anything better than this for say 27-28K???

---------- Post added 25-03-2010 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 24-03-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

Hello Guys,

I want to buy a laptop in the range of rupees 22000/- to 28000/- maximum. Please suggest the best performer brand in this range.

Kindly tell me the best one between Compaq and Acer..

I would like to have Windows 7 or Vista installed..

The necessities are as under:-

1. Good Processor Speed(Core 2 Duo is desirable)
2. Good RAM (Min 2 GB)
3. Screen size (Atleast 14 inch ...15 inch is desirable)
4. Minimum 2-3 USB Ports
5. Nice Speakers
6. Minimum 250GB Hard Disk
7. DVD Writer
8. Webcam
9. Microphone
10. HDMI Ports
11. Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
12. High speed 56K modem
13. Memory card reader
14. Nice Battery life

Additional things(better if included) :-

1. Graphics Card

Any recommendation would be highly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Check my post above..u might be interested in that :)

terrorx

Right off the assembly line
hi,
im looking to buy a laptop, and am considering the emachines e725, i googled it but couldnt find any decent reviews. So any of you guys have experience using it?(i think it comes with 1 gig ram and a T4400, so im thinking of upping it to 3 gigs)
Im just a computer science student so mostly i will be doing java me coding and installing multiple OSes, please dont suggest netbooks as alternatives if u have no idea aboout the laptop im talking about.

Dark Soul

Broken In
Hello people,

I am planning to buy a laptop, my budget is <60,000.
I have actually two laptops in my mind, but i am not able to make up my mind

1. Sony Vaio E series (VPCEB16FG)

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb16fg

This has got good graphics card ATI HD 5650 1GB DDR3, but poor CPU (i3 @ 2.13GHz). I also checked the download section for this laptop, drivers are not available. But on the upside it has 15.5' screen with 1920X1080 resolution.

2. Sony Vaio CW series (VPCCW26FG)

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpccw26fg

This has good CPU (i5 upto 2.9GHz) but not so great GPU (nvidia 330M GT). But in the download section for this laptop original drivers are included (Will be handy if i go for OS reinstallation). But compared to the first one it is 10k more, screen is 14inch and resolution is 1600X900.

Please help me in selecting one of these, or suggest any within my budget

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I need a good graphics card laptop ...which is should not be outdated for atleast 3-4 years ....plsease suggest few....budget 50-60K

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
I need a good graphics card laptop ...which is should not be outdated for atleast 3-4 years ....plsease suggest few....budget 50-60K

not possible there nothing in a 50k-60k budget which wont get outdated

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Hello people,

I am planning to buy a laptop, my budget is <60,000.
I have actually two laptops in my mind, but i am not able to make up my mind

1. Sony Vaio E series (VPCEB16FG)

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpceb16fg

This has got good graphics card ATI HD 5650 1GB DDR3, but poor CPU (i3 @ 2.13GHz). I also checked the download section for this laptop, drivers are not available. But on the upside it has 15.5' screen with 1920X1080 resolution.

2. Sony Vaio CW series (VPCCW26FG)

*www.sony.co.in/product/vpccw26fg

This has good CPU (i5 upto 2.9GHz) but not so great GPU (nvidia 330M GT). But in the download section for this laptop original drivers are included (Will be handy if i go for OS reinstallation). But compared to the first one it is 10k more, screen is 14inch and resolution is 1600X900.

Please help me in selecting one of these, or suggest any within my budget

go with the E series u can use ati catalyst 10.3 it works for notebooks

Top Bottom