All laptop related queries here!!!

raj_55555

Journeyman
Hmm!! I don't suggest it either. But sometimes you do get lucky.
My friend bought a 57k canon for only 35k, and it's right by my side as I type :p

rohitruls

Broken In
@rohitruls as i said hp dv6-7014nr is the best invyour budget, it has better gpu than inspiron 15se. 17se has same conf but a pain for the coolege use its very bulky and heavy. hp model is the best choice for you, it weighs about two and half kg and has awesome 1080p display, also it has better build quality than dell inspirons.

Thanks for your Suggestions.. Really helpful :)

Raptor1989

Broken In
Guys, I need some help. I've never bought a laptop myself though used many. I need to buy one and got my eyes on Dell XPS 15. But I got a few queries.

1. When I buy the laptop, the OS supplied is Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 64-bit. Can I opt for Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit? Do I get the OS DVD 'cause I bought it.
2. The Dell India website allows customization. The XPS 15 model comes with 4GB DDR3 RAM by default. Can I ask for 8GB at the store?
3. Do I get to choose the partition sizes?
4. I've seen a lot of XPS 15 models over the Internet. Some with i3 and some with i7. When I ask for the XPS 15 model, which one do I get? I want the one with i7 2670QM processor.
5. I'll be using my laptop as a replacement for my PC as I'm going to college. I'll be extensively using it for gaming. Do I need cooling pad?
6. What's the difference between buying from a Dell Exclusive Store and a Dell Reseller?
7. Anything else I'll be needing to buy along with my laptop?

Hopefully I'd get my answers by today as I'm planning to buy tomorrow. :razz: Thanks.

sakii

\m/ \m/
@sakii This year new laptops are coming with more nvidia option, and nvidia vs radeon depends on price range. In your budget its better to a radeon gpu, buy new dell inspiron normal version. Powered by new 3rd gen intel core-i5, Radeon HD 7670M, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD.
Keep in mind hd 7670m is better than nvidia gt 630m.

Thanks for prompt reply.
Plz enlighen me on these lines: ^_^
3rd gen i5 will be sufficient for me iff I want to go thru latest game titles... I want to be assured on it.
Also I thought 1 TB @ 5500RPM will b a bottleneck while gaming performance (may be I am short on knowledge) but yess it will be huge on memory.

This card 7670M was anonunced mid 2011 so will it be gud still ?? Its a 40 nm chip so...battery performance i think will be avg.

Any model with Nvidia counterpart GT640M

I had talk with Lenovo sales rep. he told me Lenovo Y580 is abt to be anounced in INDIA by mid july or july month end. So plz share ur views on lenovo too

I may b too demanding :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. When I buy the laptop, the OS supplied is Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 64-bit. Can I opt for Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit? Do I get the OS DVD 'cause I bought it.

no. OS is preinstalled and all you get is a recovery disc. You can opt for Ultimate but that most likely will cost you 6-8k more.

2. The Dell India website allows customization. The XPS 15 model comes with 4GB DDR3 RAM by default. Can I ask for 8GB at the store?

yes you can.

3. Do I get to choose the partition sizes?

usually laptops ships with 1 primary and recovery partition. you can resize partitions yourself.

4. I've seen a lot of XPS 15 models over the Internet. Some with i3 and some with i7. When I ask for the XPS 15 model, which one do I get? I want the one with i7 2670QM processor.

check Dells website. They should have the exact model number. Dell XPS 15 followed by a number or ask store that you want the one with i7 2670QM. If they don't have it, they'll arrange it for you.

5. I'll be using my laptop as a replacement for my PC as I'm going to college. I'll be extensively using it for gaming. Do I need cooling pad?

you better go for one.

6. What's the difference between buying from a Dell Exclusive Store and a Dell Reseller?

Exclusive sore = costly. max models available.
reseller = cheaper. but limited models available.

rchnk

Right off the assembly line
IdeaPad Z580
Metallic Grey
Z580 Core i5 2GB OS GFx
smeone pls review this laptop i think this is bettr than the asus k series k52 sm101d

asus is dos contains 0.3megapixel cam but 750gb storage
whereas lenovo gives win7 hb 500gb 1mp cam

both have the nvidia 630 2gb
which one do u suggest i shuld buy!!:?:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:
m so confused between the two!! plus m nt getting the price for lenovo one other than its website!! wt to do?!

sakii

\m/ \m/
Guys...Help me out.
I hv already posted my requirements.

I have a month time to buy one....!!!

Is there any better lappy to b introducedin market soon.

DELL sites says cost will be UPP by 1 July.:|

rider

as Kratos
IdeaPad Z580
Metallic Grey
Z580 Core i5 2GB OS GFx
smeone pls review this laptop i think this is bettr than the asus k series k52 sm101d

asus is dos contains 0.3megapixel cam but 750gb storage
whereas lenovo gives win7 hb 500gb 1mp cam

both have the nvidia 630 2gb
which one do u suggest i shuld buy!!:?:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:
m so confused between the two!! plus m nt getting the price for lenovo one other than its website!! wt to do?!

Its better to buy new dell inspiron 15R comes with pre-loaded windows 64bit and 1 MP webcam. It has HD 7670M 1GB, which is better performer than GT 630M 2GB. Also a big 1 TB HDD for movies and games. Complete VFM!!

dkm_007

Dell Inspiron vs Samsung N550

Planning to buy a laptop. mainly for gaming purpose with budget upto 65k.

Have narrowed down to 2 choices:
1. Dell Inspiron 17r se
i. i5-3210, 3rd Gen, upto 3.1 GHz
ii. 17"screen 1600x900
iii. 4GB RAM (Dell rep said this can be upgraded to 8GB)
iv. 1 TB hard disk 5400 rpm,
v. NVIDIA GT 650M GDDR5 2GB
vi. DVD RW
vii. Price 64k

Haven't considered Inspiron 15r se as it has AMD 7730M which is lower in performance w.r.t GT 650M

2. Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN
i. i7 Processor 3610QM 2.30Hz, (Samsung tech rep said this is with turbo boost upto 3.3 GHz)
ii. 15.6"screen led backlit (1366x768)
iii. 8 GB RAM (expandable to 16GB)
iv. 1 TB hard disk
v. NVIDIA GT 650M DDR3 2GB
vi. BluRay
vii. Price: 58k

I own one HP desktop and laptop. Have to go for Dell or Samsung as HP isn't offering any laptop in India with GT 650M or better within my budget. My last HP laptop was dv5000 which worked well for 6 years until now.

Request if somebody can advise on the above two laptops. As I said earlier, my idea is to buy a laptop which can play games to be released in the next 2 years (is this wishful thinking?).

vds5344

Broken In
second laptop where to buy that one?

the inspiron is having gddr5 gpu which is better so 17r se but it has an i5 though 2.5 is enough for games at that resolution

rider

as Kratos
Re: Dell Inspiron vs Samsung N550

1. Dell Inspiron 17r se
ii. 17"screen 1600x900
vi. DVD RW
vii. Price 64k

Haven't considered Inspiron 15r se as it has AMD 7730M which is lower in performance w.r.t GT 650M

i. i7 Processor 3610QM 2.30Hz, (Samsung tech rep said this is with turbo boost upto 3.3 GHz)
iv. 1 TB hard disk
vi. BluRay

I own one HP desktop and laptop. Have to go for Dell or Samsung as HP isn't offering any laptop in India with GT 650M or better within my budget. My last HP laptop was dv5000 which worked well for 6 years until now.

Request if somebody can advise on the above two laptops. As I said earlier, my idea is to buy a laptop which can play games to be released in the next 2 years (is this wishful thinking?).

hp might launch a model with GT 650M soon, in about a month or so.
From the two above options, samsung is much better and future proof and make it correct that the screen resolution is 1600 x 900 not typical 1366x768.

the inspiron is having gddr5 gpu which is better so 17r se but it has an i5 though 2.5 is enough for games at that resolution

That inspiron model's gaming performance would be less than samsung model. Gaming not only depends upon GPU but also upon what processor is using.

Memory speed doesn't matter much, though I have 2GB DDR5 GPU, it only can play 500 MB in games like max payne 3 properly.

dkm_007

the samsung laptop is available at their stores. I went to their Nehru Place showroom. Had difficulty finding it on their website.....

hp might launch a model with GT 650M soon, in about a month or so.
From the two above options, samsung is much better and future proof and make it correct that the screen resolution is 1600 x 900 not typical 1366x768.

That inspiron model's gaming performance would be less than samsung model. Gaming not only depends upon GPU but also upon what processor is using.

Memory speed doesn't matter much, though I have 2GB DDR5 GPU, it only can play 500 MB in games like max payne 3 properly.

regarding screen resolution, the Samsung store guy@ Nehru Place told me its 1600x900 but when I checked with Samsung tech rep, he said its 1366x768

any idea about samsung laptops in general.....their performance, durability, after sales service....

har

In the zone
Re: Dell Inspiron vs Samsung N550

1. Dell Inspiron 17r se
ii. 17"screen 1600x900
vi. DVD RW
vii. Price 64k

iv. 1 TB hard disk
vi. BluRay

Is the Samsung available ?? I thought it was not available !! Thank you soooo much:mrgreen: But is there an option without the blu-ray option ?
Still GT650M at 58k is AWESOME :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So I have decided on my next lapto:mrgreen::-D:-D:-Dp

vds5344

Broken In
me to a i 5 version at 50k :) wow I'm gonna buy it. Btw gimme address. Will it be available in kanpur. ? Anybody knows contact number of their's? Oh look i gotta visit cybercafe soon to look out for this one btw links would be appreciated.

rider

as Kratos
the samsung laptop is available at their stores. I went to their Nehru Place showroom. Had difficulty finding it on their website.....

regarding screen resolution, the Samsung store guy@ Nehru Place told me its 1600x900 but when I checked with Samsung tech rep, he said its 1366x768

any idea about samsung laptops in general.....their performance, durability, after sales service....

Samsung laptops are good, service would be fine in delhi, the quality and display is awesome. Grab it! and post pics of it. I'm sure the resolution would be 1600x900 see specs of NP550P5C-S02IN.
Also inbuilt JBL 3 Speakers with sub-woofer will rock!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom