All configuration (new and upgrades) related queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
john_the_ultimate said:
See this : *www.gigabyte-usa.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-8IG1000 Pro-G.htm

Think this is the mobo.

Thanks
But this mobo don't have PCI-e slot

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes I know it doesn't have a pci-e slot, just gave u the info as u were not able to find it. Don't think there are many mobo supporting both 478 socket and pci express slot. See these mobo
1) ASUS P4GD1 *in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=27&model=167&modelmenu=1
2)ASUS P4RD1-MX *in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=230&model=771&modelmenu=1

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
need help in selecting the appropriate kind of processor

My needs are for a good gaming machine(though not high end) and coding etc.
As i understand, the following kind of processors are available from amd

AMD Athlon 64
AMD Athlon 64 FX
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core
AMD Sempron

which one of these is most suitable for my needs. In addition can someone explain to me the following things w.r.t. processors and how they effect performance

L2 Cache Size:
Socket:
System Bus (MHz):

could really use your help here.
feel free to pm me anytime

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
AMD64 X2 Dual-core is the best money can buy. If on a budget go for the AMD64 processors, these are really good when performance and value for money comes into question.

Regarding cache memory,cpu and performance see this: *arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/caching.ars/1

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
@rage_666
go for Athlon 64 or 64 fx
Semps r on there wqay to extinction

@john_the_ultimate
Thanks man those were the things I was looking for...

BTW the P4RD1-MX has wrong pic, hahah.

hi guys, what if i use a blitz 512MB DDR333(which i have)with another say kingstone 512MB DDR 400, or should i go for DDR333 which i am planning to buy,
which is a good buy considering that i want to use dual channel config!!!
P.S i have Blitz 512 DDR 333 already with me

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
abhishekwithyou said:
hi guys, what if i use a blitz 512MB DDR333(which i have)with another say kingstone 512MB DDR 400, or should i go for DDR333 which i am planning to buy,

Hi, I think your choices are limited. If you must use the DDR 333Mhz RAM, then you will have to buy another DDR 333Mhz RAM. Buying and using a DDR 400Mhz RAM will be useless as that will operate at lesser speed, 333 Mhz even if rated at 400Mhz. So better buy another 333Mhz stick if you want to use in dual channel configuration. But also keep note that price difference between 333Mhz RAM and 400Mhz RAM is very less.

digitized said:
abhishekwithyou said:

Hi, I think your choices are limited. If you must use the DDR 333Mhz RAM, then you will have to buy another DDR 333Mhz RAM. Buying and using a DDR 400Mhz RAM will be useless as that will operate at lesser speed, 333 Mhz even if rated at 400Mhz. So better buy another 333Mhz stick if you want to use in dual channel configuration. But also keep note that price difference between 333Mhz RAM and 400Mhz RAM is very less.

hi thanks, i have a DDR266 128MB card too, so if i use it in 3rd slot the other too will be running in dual channel right? or is it better for me to not use this stick at all?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
abhishekwithyou said:
digitized said:
abhishekwithyou said:

hi thanks, i have a DDR266 128MB card too, so if i use it in 3rd slot the other too will be running in dual channel right? or is it better for me to not use this stick at all?

Hi, if you attach the 128MB DDR 266Mhz RAM, then the whole thing will work but all the other RAM modules will work below potential, i.e. it will be forced to work at 266Mhz to avoid incompatibility.

divyeshashiya

Broken In
I am new to this forum.My problem lies with my PC which is a Compaq SR1230IL P4 2.8 Ghz,256 MB RAM ,845G Intel motherboard and JBL Platinum speakers.I want to ask that should I upgrade my computer or assemble a new one?The rig should be AMD based and should be able to play the latest games at good framerates.My budget-

For Upgrade-Rs 24000
OR
New System-Rs 50000

Siriusblack

Broken In
New System Config

Hey guys !!
i'm buying a new pc so kindly advice .budget 45k purpose hard core gaming no speakers needed also tell if Asus A8n-e & seagate 160 gb support sata2 waiting for reply also if 6800gs is better or 6800gt kindly post the prices of components also ur efforts will be appreciated.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Please see this:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32509

I hope you will get your reply here.

6800GT is being phased out and is replaced by 6800GS. It is the best in that price range.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
PC which is a Compaq SR1230IL P4 2.8 Ghz,256 MB RAM ,845G Intel motherboard and JBL Platinum speakers.I want to ask that should I upgrade my computer or assembl
No there is no need for upgrade except some ram. For games just get some video card

mario_pant

In the zone
mann.... GR8 Post!.... i am planning on buying a PC between middle and high end... ie. 45000...

so what extra shud i get.... in that money?

PS: ok i plan to buy a dual layer DVD rewriter, shud i get a sony one or liteon?
does the sony one support ALL formats?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Original post edited, as because new products with new technologies in the same price range have come out, also prices of older components have decreased. People have more choices now. Please refer to 1st page of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom