All configuration (new and upgrades) related queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siriusblack

Broken In
sir i want to buy a new comp with a budget of about 40000 may be it will be extended Rs.45000.
the pc will be used extensively for gaming. I m currently in MIT manipal near mangalore. pls help .

Also how is the performane of APC psu 500 watts as antec and powersafe are not available here.dealer priced it to me for Rs. 2000.
Also what is the difference beteen Asus A8n-e and Asus K8n-e.

Pls hurry. I'm about to buy a system very soon maY BE NEXT 5 DAYS

Kniwor

Learner
I think THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED

I dont think it is a good idea to have all queries in one thread...

1) Many ppl, including me, never looks at this thread... bea\cause itś so confusing u never know what is going on.
2) It is stupid to ask someone to read the entire thread to search if his question is been posted... but if there are many threads it is easy to point out.
3)The biggest problem: It is almost impossible to figure out how many questions are still on, how many have already purchsed their computers, which post reffers to whose question.... n it´s damn confusing
4) If i ask a question and if there are sufficient number of posts after that, high are chances that discussion is on some other query and what should i do to get my answer, should i post again and again

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Why should this thread be locked. It has helped many people like me. If u want answer to a specific query of urs then post it in a new thread and we can all help each other.
No, I don't think this thread should be locked.
More over if this thread is to be locked it should be the decision of DIGIT Admin/mods and not us. And I don't see any valid reason (DIGIT FOURM RULES) for it to be locked.
Even the graphics card STICKY is a mess and it's difficult to find ur answer over there.

Kniwor

Learner
whenever someone makes his query in a diffrent post i have seen ppl ponting out that his query should be in this post.....
this does not make sense

i agree that the graphic card thread is also a mess

paul_007

Padawan
which is the least costing motherboard whose onboard grafix supports pixel and vertex shader with upto 128 MB memory sharing for grafix for AMD 3000+ processor

thnx 4 reply

Siriusblack

Broken In
sir i want to buy a new comp with a budget of about 40000 may be it will be extended Rs.45000.
the pc will be used extensively for gaming. I m currently in MIT manipal near mangalore. pls help .

Also how is the performane of APC psu 500 watts as antec and powersafe are not available here.dealer priced it to me for Rs. 2000.
Also what is the difference beteen Asus A8n-e and Asus K8n-e.

Pls hurry. I'm about to buy a system very soon maY BE NEXT 5 DAYS

pls Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Here is one of the possibilities regarding your configuration:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (socket 939) ~ Rs.5600
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E ~ Rs.5800
Hard disc: 80GB ~ Rs.2500
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128MB ~ Rs.9000 to Rs.11000 depending on your choice. (from any manufacturer like XFX, MSI, Leadtek, Gigabyte, Big etc. I particularly prefer the Leadtek 6600GT extreme edition, it comes factory overclocked to 550/1120Mhz and costs a cool Rs.10800 (price qoute directly from Zebronics, Chennai)
RAM: 1GB DDR PC 3200 (400 MHz) (512MB X 2) ~ Rs.4400
Optical drive: Sony combo drive ~ Rs.2000
Monitor: Samsung/Acer 17" flat ~ Rs.6600
Keyboard: Microsoft/Logitech multimedia keyboard ~ Rs.450
Mouse: Microsoft/Logitech optical mouse ~ Rs.400
Speakers: Any 5.1 speaker ~ Rs.4000 to Rs.6000 (Eg: Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 or Altec Lansing VS 3151)
Cabinet: ATX cabinet with 400W SMPS ~ Rs.2000

Total: Rs.45000 approx. depending on choice of components and variance of prices.

The main difference between K8N-E (nforce3 chipset) and A8N-E (nforce4 ultra chipset) is that K8N-E mainly supports socket 754 and the latter supports socket 939. Most socket 754 motherboards have AGP8X slot which are becoming a thing of the past gradually. PCI express is th future and socket 939 boards have PCI-express slot (s). There are other minute differences which you can see if you visit their respective webpages.

For K8N-E: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=14&l3=66&model=772&modelmenu=1

For A8N-E: *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=171&model=455&modelmenu=1

And another thing, please don't call anyone as 'sir' here. We are all friends here...;):)

CyCo

In the zone
Kniwor said:
I think THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED

I dont think it is a good idea to have all queries in one thread...

1) Many ppl, including me, never looks at this thread... because itś so confusing u never know what is going on.
2) It is stupid to ask someone to read the entire thread to search if his question is been posted... but if there are many threads it is easy to point out.
3)The biggest problem: It is almost impossible to figure out how many questions are still on, how many have already purchsed their computers, which post reffers to whose question.... n it´s damn confusing
4) If i ask a question and if there are sufficient number of posts after that, high are chances that discussion is on some other query and what should i do to get my answer, should i post again and again

lolz ..

1. 3229 views for this post .....

2. it clutters up the board .. its much easier this way .. and u don hafta read every post .. just read the 1st one .. and then start checkin from ur proccy and mobo downwards .. every1 posts their budget 2 so its not very diff ...

3. not really ..

4. thats the good thing here .. i posted in the latest price list topic and got no comments ... but here , the author replied quite regularly ... u can give him the kudos for that atleast and all the long posts he takes to write ..

STICKY !!

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
CyCo said:
@digitized y do u suggest 6600gt 128mb .. 256 mb is only 1000 to 1300 more ...

Not much performance gain of the 256MB over the 128MB due to 128-bit interface. True that it is only around 1500 more, but that 1500 more can be used to...say, buying some more RAM. Anyway, people have already around 1GB so I can say that if you have the budget then you can buy the 256MB one.

Siriusblack

Broken In
I dont want to buy speakers.I ve already got edifier 2.1 system. What do u think i should do with the extra money??? Go for extra ram or a dvd writer or a 6800gs card???????? pls Advise????

And how is the performance of APC psu . My dealer is quoting it for Rs.2000 which is more than the powersafe one is it good??

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I would recommend that u buy a 6800gs if possible. But the price difference between 6600gt and 6800gs would be somewhere around 4-5K. Or as u are already buying 1GB ram then u can buy a 19" monitor instead of 17". Don't know about APC but Powersafe is certainly a good choice. I am also using one.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Siriusblack said:
I dont want to buy speakers.I ve already got edifier 2.1 system. What do u think i should do with the extra money??? Go for extra ram or a dvd writer or a 6800gs card???????? pls Advise????

And how is the performance of APC psu . My dealer is quoting it for Rs.2000 which is more than the powersafe one is it good??

On the other hand, I would recommend the 6800GS card. The extra money is really worth it. You can really tax it using FEAR and come out in flying colors at 1024X768. The soft shadows thing on FEAR really stresses current generation cards. Do read some reviews on the net before making the final decision.

Siriusblack

Broken In
also can u guys explain what exactly is INTEL GMA 900 . is it direct x 9.0c compliant. what about its performance with other 6600 and 6600 gt cards

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
gma 900 is the onboard GFX support for the intel 9xx series
it is good

but is no match to an external GFX with a 6600 chipset

CyCo

In the zone
@digitized the X800XL runs FEAR without any lag at full everything !!!!

@Siriusblack 6600GT 128 MB is for Rs.9500 , 6800GS is for abt Rs.20500 .. Go in for ATI X800XL , its for 17700 and its better than 6800GS .. see my posts on the 2nd page of this topic (i think .. otherwise search in this topic for dat post ...)

@Siriusblack u can always put in more RAM or a drive later ... but u cant upgrade ur graphics card .... instead of combo drive for 2000, get a DVD write for 3500 ...

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
Need help in upgrading comp

i want to change my motherboard and cpu . i have been using a asus a7n26vm board with an amd athlon xp 1500+ processor with an xfx grfx crd.

However i think it's time to move on.

My budget for MB+Processor+Grfx card is around 20-25k. .I would want to stick with amd.

Also i want to get a new cool looking cabinet cabinet with a good power supply.

any reco's?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Cabinet: VIP 1122 Rs.1650 (*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/gaming.html)

PSU: Powersafe 400W/430W

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+ (939 pin) Rs.5600
Motherboard: A8N-E Rs.5800
Graphics card: XFX/Leadtek 6600GT 128MB or a X800GT/GTO, if possible Rs.11000 to Rs.12000.

This is according to your specs.

Siriusblack

Broken In
Hello friends i'm posting the config of the pc u adviced me about along with the quotation. here it goes:-

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ ---------5900
Asus A8N-e --------------------5850
Seagate Barracuda 160 GB SATA--------3700
RAM Transcend ddr 400 512*2 -----------1950*2
PCI-e Leadtek 6600 gt 256 MB--------10300
PCI-e XFX 6600 gt 256 MB-------------11300
Viewsonic 72f+sb------------------------6400
Sony DVD writer------------------------3400
fdd-------------------------280
M.M Keyboard And Optical Mouse-------700
Normal ATX Cabinet-----------------1200
XFX 6800gs 256 MB -----------------15400

So that's it . Please give any suggestion if u hav abt any component . also i'm looking for a good lookin cabinet . i'm confused in vip 1122 g100 g200 g300 and zebronics xclio-jr .can u post their prices and advise about them if any .will be thankfull :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.