All configuration (new and upgrades) related queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
that means he is taking 500/- extra from me according to ur prices, but i think a 500/- difference is quite ok in different regions......

and i specifically asked him is it 6600gt and he said yes and it is 256MB....the distributor is Sparkle afaik

from which region have u got these prices from?? im in chandigarh

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@thetopcyborg
No way..256mb 6600GT cost more than 8k nd no way to get it at 6k. It might be 6600 256MB its ok for 6k nd might even get it at 5.5k. I recomment go for 7600GS for around 8~9k or a 7600GT for 11~12k.
@ Samrulez
Thnx for the information, but(correct me if Im wrong) it can be seen "Vista ready" only on & series cards..So i guess there might be some sp effect which 6 series nd lower cannot support....

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
thnx fer solving my problem gary4gar :) just joking...

but I SPECIFICALLY asked him is it GT or not and HE REPLIED IT IS GT, only GT is available to him.......

am I lucky to get it for 6k?
and i can't go fer higher cards as i have a very tight budget >.<

and what is the major difference btween GT and non-GT

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@gary4gar: Thanks.

@thetopcyborg: The main difference between a GT and a non-GT is the core and memory clock speeds which are much lower in the non-GT versions. See this page for comparison of the different geforce 6 models.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6600GT

roby_is_cool

Broken In
i need an upgrade

Hi dudes, i wanna upgrade my pc for gaming for atleast 1-2 yrs. within 15,000-20,000 bucks in my hands. i also want to use windows vista on it.
my current configuration is:
Intel D845GLAD
Pentium 4, 1.8 GHZ
512 MB RAM
40 GB hard disk
Samsung CD WRITER
Samsung DVD ROM
i want an upgrade for
mobo
proc.
ram (if needed)
hard disk
mouse n keyboard
GRAPHIC Card
plz help me.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hEy, I recently read about a power supply which was 'SLI ready'....it was 540W

If 540W is SLI ready, won't my 450W power supply be SLI ready???

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: i need an upgrade

roby_is_cool said:
Hi dudes, i wanna upgrade my pc for gaming for atleast 1-2 yrs. within 15,000-20,000 bucks in my hands. i also want to use windows vista on it.
my current configuration is:
Intel D845GLAD
Pentium 4, 1.8 GHZ
512 MB RAM
40 GB hard disk
Samsung CD WRITER
Samsung DVD ROM
i want an upgrade for
mobo
proc.
ram (if needed)
hard disk
mouse n keyboard
GRAPHIC Card
plz help me.

Hey you did not tell me your RAM speed. I am assuming it is of 333Mhz, as that is the maximum 845 chipsets supported. You need to add another RAM module of 333Mhz 512MB to make it 1GB. Since you are on a tight budget, I do not think you will have much options with graphics card keeping in mind all the other upgrade components. You can go for the following:

Asus A8N-E~5500
AMD 3000+~5500
512MB DDR 333Mhz (total of 1GB taking into account the other 512MB module)~1900
80GB HDD (Seagate)~2200
Basic mouse and keyboard set from logitech~800
XFX 6600 256MB DDR2~6000

Total around Rs.20700 excluding VAT

Or otherwise you can forget about the RAM and save that money and invest in a 7600GS. You will also be getting a Geforce 7 series card. I think that will be the safer option for at least 1 year. You can add the RAM later after 1-2 months.

Please let us know your final decision.

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan

digitized said:
512MB DDR 333Mhz (total of 1GB taking into account the other 512MB module)~1200

512 ddr @ rs.1200. (new)??
where did u get that price from?

roby_is_cool

Broken In

digitized said:
Hey you did not tell me your RAM speed. I am assuming it is of 333Mhz, as that is the maximum 845 chipsets supported. You need to add another RAM module of 333Mhz 512MB to make it 1GB. Since you are on a tight budget, I do not think you will have much options with graphics card keeping in mind all the other upgrade components. You can go for the following:

Asus A8N-E~5500
AMD 3000+~5500
512MB DDR 333Mhz (total of 1GB taking into account the other 512MB module)~1200
80GB HDD (Seagate)~2200
Basic mouse and keyboard set from logitech~800
XFX 6600 256MB DDR2~6000

Total around Rs.20000 excluding VAT

Or otherwise you can forget about the RAM and save that money and invest in a 7600GS. You will also be getting a Geforce 7 series card. I think that will be the safer option for at least 1 year. You can add the RAM later after 1-2 months.

Please let us know your final decision.
thanx for the info bro,
i will tell you what i will buy.
can u plz tell me about the life of both the graphic card u have mentioned here means for how many years will i play games on them comfortably.
yep, there is a confusion on the ram.
thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom