All configuration (new and upgrades) related queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwickgupta

Broken In
thx a lot guyz....... i guess i'll go for mx 518 coz logitech has some brand value. genius is a newcomer. n an crt will b fine..........on the cost that i'll hav sacrifise me 7800gt for a lcd. so mayb crt is gud enuff. later can switch over to lcd :)

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
prankie said:
guys, plz suggest a good config for my uncle,
cost should not be over 36k excluding price of UPS..
few things i've already decided..
procci--> AMD 64 3200(socket939)
MOBO---> preferrably an Asus,,, suggest a good one (Onboard grafix optional)
GFX card----> Geforce 6200 or ATI redeon X600 (suggest bettr and cheaper)
Monitior----> 15" lcd(suggest a brand)
keyboard mouse combo ----> logitech or microsoft
optical drive---> sony or liteon dvd writer
speaker----> creative sbs370
ram---> 512MB

thanx

First of all, I would like to know the purpose of the graphics card. And for that matter the Geforce 6200 is better than X600.I am recommending XFX GeForce 6200 256MB DDR TV DVI (PV-T43V-UA) (Memory interface is 128-bit and it does not have turbocache, this is important as then it will not take a share of the main system memory). It will cost around Rs.4000.

Now for the other components. You have mentioned correctly about them but I would like to mention that if the PC is not for gaming, you can do away with the graphics card. Also the AMD 3000+ will do just fine with 512MB DDR 400Mhz RAM. Otherwise if you choose 3200+, to harness it's power, I think you need 1GB of RAM in dual channel and watch your applications fly. Also if you are not particular about LCD (which are expensive), I would have been happier with the 17" flat CRT. Otherwise make sure the LCD has a response time lesser than 8ms. Samsung/Acer/Sony Viewsonic are good brands for CRT.

So the final configuration would be:

Processor: AMD 3200+ (Rs.7750)
M/B: Asus A8N-VM (Rs.4000)
Graphics card: XFX GeForce 6200 256MB DDR TV DVI (PV-T43V-UA) (Rs.4000)
Monitor: Samsung 17" Flat CRT (Rs.6500)
RAM: 2X512MB 400Mhz (Rs.4500)
Optical drive: Sony DRU 820A or Benq DW 1650 (Rs.2700). Both are dual layer.
Speakers: Creative 2.1 SBS 370 (Rs.1200)

Also make sure you take a cabinet with at least 400W power. Add around Rs.1500 for that. Total would be around Rs.32000. What is remaining is the keyboard/mouse. Take a set from Logitech/Microsoft. Also 80GB SATA HDD is also required. Add another Rs.2500 for Seagate HDD and Rs.700-Rs.800 for KB/Mouse combo. Total should be within Rs.36000.

prankie

D PrankMaster
thanks for ur reply....
uncle does a lot of office work on his pc for long hours, thats why he needs lcd monitor...
gaming will be occasionaly done (by his kid ofcourse,, i've to keep him in mind )
i know that 3000+ will also do for such type of work but he'll not be changing his pc for next 5-6years so its gotta be future proof...

he'll also be selling off his old pc...
its a p3 500mhz with 64mb ram, 4.3gb harddisk, 15" monitor with normal keyboard and scroll mouse..
what price should he expect????
and ofcourse that price will also add to the system's config..

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Greetings!

@prankie
I guess such a PC would fetch you not more than 6k.The reason for my saying this is that one of my friend recently sold of his P4 1.7Ghz and 845 G mobo with 40 GB seagate HDD and 256 MB RAM for 9k.

Well my friend I don't think 3000+ will be future proof for 5yrs.
2-3 yrs. is what I feel.

Hey If you ARE going for a GPU then why harp on ASUS A8N-VM?? Go for the much superior A8N-E based on n-Force 4.

Gracias

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Greetings!
@ roxisayshi

Yes there are two SATA II ports for you to choose.I guess it just has 2.1 channels.

Gracias

CyCo

In the zone
@ritwick

the thing is that u r not going in for 2 x 7600 r u ?? u'll b buying one right now ..
and think of it practically , once ur outta college , u'll never really game that much and spend another 20k that time to get another 7600 (by when u'll have much bettter cards .. ) ... so i suggest u save the money on the mobo and use it for something else ..
i did and i'm damn happy ..

btw when u call estech , do take my name .. it shd make a diff for u ..

CyCo

In the zone
@digited

as u kno my comp, il ask u ...

lately my comp suddenly starts giving me a problem while booting ..

it works fine for a month and then the next 20 restarts it hangs at diff places .. doesnt let me oen safe mode , hangs on desktop under 1min .. hangs on windows load , intial a8ne screen etcetc ..
i reformatted and it happ again after 1 week ,,

i have 3 hdds 1 sata 2 non sata

now after running System Mechanic Professional 6 and disconnecting one of the non satas it is running fine ....

why ??

ritwickgupta

Broken In
hi techies..............
a shocking news for you.......
this brand named "Forsa" is givin u nvidia cards for rock botto prices....
7600gt Rs 10500
7900gt Rs 20000
79oogtx Rs 33000
visit the wesite at www.geniman.co.hk . the distriuters website is www.techcomindia.com
can i know the reviewsfor this brand n is this brand worth goin for it????
thx a lot

CyCo

In the zone
dude the thing is that u can get even cheaper manufacturer'ers for the cards .. but the thing in the end wat u compromise on is the quality ..

also , they may not have so much of support and supposing they damade ur mobo and proccy then ur screwed .. its better to go for d@ best , u can b sure of their reliability ..

where will u keep running if ur comp doesnt wrk ..

CyCo

In the zone
This is my config .. prices are dec 2005-jan2006

AMD Athlon 3500+ 939 10900
Asus A8N-E 5600
SEAGATE 160GB SATA 2 4800
ATI X800XL 256 MB PCI-E 17750
2GB DDR RAM 400Mhz Tran 10000
LITEON DVD writer 3400
Microsoft keyboard 400
Logitech MX - 518 2650
cabinet with 500W SMPS 3600
Epson CX4700 7600
600 VA POWERCOM UPS 2000
17" LCD Viewsonic 14500
TOTAL : 83200
discounted : 79872
old monitor exchange -2500: 77372

ritwickgupta

Broken In
hi techies.....
i just hav a quiery.... y is it so that amd has so less cache on its processors n intel hav a lot of it. for example as i know amd 3800+ x2 processor has 512 cache on each proccy that is 1 mb in total where as a new 3.0 intel x2 proccy has total 4 mb cache. still can amd beat athlon????

tusharlad

Down to Earth
Thanks DIgitized.
Your's is a great work. Very halpful.
I am going to buy a new PC for photoshop and some other graphical works. I wish to play some latest games too. I also intend to record TV programmes in DVD quality.

I have decided following configuration with the help of forum members only, but still some confusions. Please help.
My configuration is as follows .

Processor : AMD X2 3800 + 64 bit/939 socket ( Dual Core)
MoBo : Asus - A8N-SLI OR A8N E

RAM : 1 GB ( Hynix / Transend )
HDD : Seagate OR Samsung 250 GB SATA
Opti.Drive : LiteOn DVD writer or SONY dual layer DVD writer
Monitor : 17" Samsung ( which Model ? ? )
Key Bord : Multimedia ( which brand ??? Model ???)
Mouse : Optical ( Which Brand ??? Model ???)

GraphicCard : Whch brand and Model ? ?? Do I really need Graphic Card for my purposes as I mentioned.
TT Card : Which Brand and Model ??? ( I want to record programmes )

I want some decent looking Cabinate with enough cooling system and a good quality SMPS. ( I have checked out ANTEC - But they are very costly )

I don't want speakers right now as i have a woofer set.

My budget for above mentioned system is 45000 ( nothing more than 50000)

Please help me deciding the best combination of Processor and MoBo. Also suggest me the best available configuration with model no and brand name, Which can be purchased within my budget.

Looking forward for Expert Suggestion.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
tusharlad said:
Thanks DIgitized.
Your's is a great work. Very halpful.
I am going to buy a new PC for photoshop and some other graphical works. I wish to play some latest games too. I also intend to record TV programmes in DVD quality.

I have decided following configuration with the help of forum members only, but still some confusions. Please help.
My configuration is as follows .

Processor : AMD X2 3800 + 64 bit/939 socket ( Dual Core)
MoBo : Asus - A8N-SLI OR A8N E

RAM : 1 GB ( Hynix / Transend )
HDD : Seagate OR Samsung 250 GB SATA
Opti.Drive : LiteOn DVD writer or SONY dual layer DVD writer
Monitor : 17" Samsung ( which Model ? ? )
Key Bord : Multimedia ( which brand ??? Model ???)
Mouse : Optical ( Which Brand ??? Model ???)

GraphicCard : Whch brand and Model ? ?? Do I really need Graphic Card for my purposes as I mentioned.
TT Card : Which Brand and Model ??? ( I want to record programmes )

I want some decent looking Cabinate with enough cooling system and a good quality SMPS. ( I have checked out ANTEC - But they are very costly )

I don't want speakers right now as i have a woofer set.

My budget for above mentioned system is 45000 ( nothing more than 50000)

Please help me deciding the best combination of Processor and MoBo. Also suggest me the best available configuration with model no and brand name, Which can be purchased within my budget.

Looking forward for Expert Suggestion.

Thanks...

Processor : AMD X2 3800 + 64 bit/939 socket (Dual Core) Rs.16500
MoBo : A8N E Rs.5600
RAM : 1 GB (Transend) Rs.4600
HDD : Seagate 250 GB SATA Rs.4600
Opti.Drive : SONY dual layer DVD writer (DRU 820A) Rs.2700
Monitor : 17" Samsung (Syncmaster 793MB) Rs.6500
KeyBoard and mouse: Multimedia (Basic Logitech multimedia keyboard and optical mouse) Rs.800

Graphics Card : XFX 6600 256MB DDR2 Rs.6000
TT Card : Waiting for someone to comment
Cabinet: Take anyone with minimum 450W SMPS and also enough space and at least 2 case cooling fans. Rs.2000

Should come within 50k. Graphics card can be better quality but then the total price will go way over 50k. But nowadays 6600GT comes within 8000. You can at least try and get that.

ashfame

Padawan
My vendor has quoted me the following which i am suscpicious about:
1. Nvidia 6600 (256MB, pcie 16x) for Rs. 2800 ????????????/
2. cabinet with 400W SMPS for Rs. 1200 ?????????????/
3. Microtek UPS 800va for Rs. 1750 ??????????????////

Is he upto something?
I mean how can he provide the above @ such prices.
Is there something that he can cheat me about?
Am i buying something @ cost of other feature?
How do i assure myself?
These are the prices @ nehru place, delhi.
Pl help.

tusharlad

Down to Earth
Thanks Digitized,

Why not a8n SLI
If i increase my budget to 55000 then could i buy a said good graphic card.
Is the antec quality is that superiar as they claim and demand the price.
can't U suggest the specific brand of decent cabinate and good power supply.
What is difference bet SATA and SATA II
and SD and SD II ram

Thanks again

Last edited:
OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@tusharlad: You will be not using SLI, so what's the use of A8N-SLI. Plus the SLI mode is x8/x8, not x16/x16, so full power of card not utilized. If you increase your budget upto 55000, then you could even get a 6800GS/7600GT. I personally don't prefer some specific brand of cabinet so long as it is spacious having at least two fans and as long as it contains at least 450W PSU.

There is no SD and SD-II RAM, there is SDRAM, DDR RAM and DDR2 RAM.

Waiting for others to comment...

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Actuall the x16/x16 mode dosen't provide any significant additional performance over the x8/x8 one. Maybe the next generation of cards can utilise this additional bandwidth but currently even a 7900GTX SLI or a X1900XTX Crossfire can't. Even though mobo manufacturers are well aware of this, they continue to hype it because some gamers will buy anything at a ridiculous prices to make their game go 2 fps faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom