Alien Abduction !!!!

Flash

Lost in speed
Any of you believe in Parallel-universe concept?
Do you think, there will be someone like you living in some corner of the universe?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Alien :D I think there maybe many things living in our own earth which we cant see ....A human can only see till 7 spectrum colors and hearing and smelling are also too restricted ...a dog can hear and smell 100 times more ...

I am not talking about ghost or something ...but something out of our eye color codings

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Any of you believe in Parallel-universe concept?
Do you think, there will be someone like you living in some corner of the universe?

Parallel doesn't mean that someone like you lives in some corner of the universe. It means that our universe is not the only one and there are many other alternate versions.

In fact it has been theorized that there are multiple universes for each probability of an event.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^ Ok.I should've mentioned like "Parallel Universe" of the comics.

Even in comics they follow the same concepts I spoke of. They're not in your universe. They're in an alternate universe/different dimension/antimatter universe etc.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Some places parallel universes are connected... And it's possible to jump between them, Golden compass, back to the future, looper, lost are some egs

There are at least two reasons why life might look similar everywhere... One is panspermia, that universe is full of dormant bacteria that cause life to spring up in any habitable zone planet that gets bombarded by rocks and comets. Another is convergent evolution, life tends to find similar solutions to environmental obstacles. Eg: camo in grass means stripes for both tasmanian tiger and bengal tiger.

If exotic life exists (gaseous life forms on jupiter like planets, nebulous ones in free space, silicon or arsenic based) then we should be seeing a lot more evidence, but we barely have any for carbon based life only

Flash

Lost in speed
Some places parallel universes are connected... And it's possible to jump between them, Golden compass, back to the future, looper, lost are some egs
Yes. That's my point.

Interesting read on Parallel universe proof boosts time travel hopes - Telegraph

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

There are at least two reasons why life might look similar everywhere... One is panspermia, that universe is full of dormant bacteria that cause life to spring up in any habitable zone planet that gets bombarded by rocks and comets. Another is convergent evolution, life tends to find similar solutions to environmental obstacles. Eg: camo in grass means stripes for both tasmanian tiger and bengal tiger.

If exotic life exists (gaseous life forms on jupiter like planets, nebulous ones in free space, silicon or arsenic based) then we should be seeing a lot more evidence, but we barely have any for carbon based life only

Apparently a scientist discovered bacteria in a lake with way too much arsenic (more than 1000x greater concentration than permissible limits for known lifeforms). when she took samples and increased arsenic content the bacteria didn't die out, it only thrived. I do not know if she confirmed them being based on arsenic though.

The reason arsenic is bad for us is that our DNA uses phosphorus as the base sugar in the structure. Arsenic being in the same group as Phosphorus can easily replace phosphorus in the sugar, leading to arsenic poisoning. That is also a reason for arsenic being a potential source of life.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
rest assured that all such concepts will most likely never be proved in current average human life time so what's the point in discussing it now.

P.S.i do believe though that time travel will never be possible.

Top Bottom