Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

The title of "Cheapest" and all big indian projects being based on this title baffles me. Nano - Cheapest car and Aakash - Cheapest Tablet. Making cheap things require cut throat technology and experience in innovative product design. Tata was experienced in matters of car manufacture so at least they were able to deliver. But Datawind wasnt, even their Pocketsurfer was also not a success. If you give a 5 year old boy to create an IC, this will surely happen to your project.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Amogh,I have checked and send you the information as required.
Please,check!

Last edited:

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
They should instead import those cheap version of Amazon Kindles and tweak them to remove/place restrictions and give them out. That's what's being done in Africa, at least to partial success (a large number of them get broken).

kg11sgbg

Has anyone,I mean forum friends got hold of Ubislate7+ Tablet?
If so,please share the experience.

kg11sgbg

@Forum Friends,(those who booked or booked + prepaid for Ubislate7+ Tablet)
AT LAST A WORD OF ASSURANCE FROM DATAWIND :---->

Dear Kaushhik,

Ubislate7+ has been launched.The deliveries have been started and company will endeavour to fulfil all orders on a first come first served basis to the customers.Your order is in process,very soon we will contact you with the delivery details.In the meantime kindly share your address where you want to ship the device

For more details on Ubislate7+ , view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,

Datawind Support Team

1800 180 2180

Hopefully,waiting ........:|

A little mistake on my name, it should be read as "Kaushik" instead of "Kaushhik".

Last edited:

Anish

Spectre
Booked pantel and got a positive response within a month and I even paid for it. Expecting delivery within 2 weeks :mrgreen:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I realized living in India that if there's someone talking big then his/her product probably isn't worth much. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this, things have turned out exactly as I had feared.

Too many big names, too much big talk. There was nothing left for this project but to fail hard. Should be a good lesson for people who fell for the trap, for DataWind itself (since it ran after brand name), and even for the IITs.

And personally, I think the project languishes because of incompetence, not corruption.

kg11sgbg

Got another letter/message from Datawind again within a short span of time TODAY :--->

Dear Kaushik,

The deliveries have been started .Your order is in process , will get the delivery of your device within 01 June to 15th June.
We regret for the inconvenience caused for delay.

For more details on Ubislate7+ view the frequently asked questions on Welcome to UbiSlate.com

Regards,
Datawind Support Team

Name is correct this time.
At least some ray of hope,still sceptical until and unless I get hold of the Tablet(Ubislate7+) in full functional form.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I can't understand why the government wants to build its own tab from scratch, when there are so many that it can rebrand? For example, it can rebrand the Micromax Funbook (which itself is rebranded) and offer it at a subsidized price.

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan
When you ask politicians, bureaucrats and academicians to work together for consumer product then there is very little hope of it succeeding.....it is not for "no reason" that people say business should be done by businessmen only.

Top Bottom