Airtel removes FUP on 256 kbps Unlimited package(at least in some areas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
Latest information available to us is that Airtel has now removed the limits put on by the Airtel Fair Usage Policy on the 256kbps unlimited plan.

This is probably because the speeds when reduced to 128kbps did not comply with the TRAI’s broadband requirements of 256kbps minimum speeds.

This also tells us that the company is just bluffing when they claim that they need Fair Usage Policy to maintain the sanctity of their network.

They have been playing with their customer base with this Fair Usage Policy excuse. First they increased the limits and now they have removed the limit on one of the packages.

This is just plain bullshit on part of Airtel and we are the losers.

Source

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
yes u r right..

they really dont want FUP...

this is just a fake way to post pone the upgradation of thier hardware...!!!

atleast they could have openly asked us in a kind way to reduce usage there by they could tackle the global economic crisis...

we would have agreed for it ...!!!

atlast they are the best ISP around ... in terms of service and constant speed...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This is probably because the speeds when reduced to 128kbps did not comply with the TRAI’s broadband requirements of 256kbps minimum speeds.

Yeah the real reason is not customer happiness but the above quoted one.

Asslols :-x

yes u r right..

they really dont want FUP...

this is just a fake way to post pone the upgradation of thier hardware...!!!

atleast they could have openly asked us in a kind way to reduce usage there by they could tackle the global economic crisis...

we would have agreed for it ...!!!

atlast they are the best ISP around ... in terms of service and constant speed...
Those arrogant sons of b1tc3s did so only to avoid TRAI's notice for terming 64 kbps as broadband, not because of our petition :mad:

Regarding the bolded text, my friend's experience tells a different tale :|

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Those arrogant sons of b1tc3s did so only to avoid TRAI's notice for terming 64 kbps as broadband, not because of our petition :mad:

Regarding the bolded text, my friend's experience tells a different tale :|

i am from chennai bro...

the servie is comparitivly better than bsnl.....:lol:

red_devil

Back!

what good is the service and constant speed when you're limited on unlimited and speeds choked down to match a dial up connection ??

harry10

Gadgets freak
Creepers. They had to take it back because of trai guidelines and cos of consumer resent as most users are from 256kbps plan only(including me).

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
they must have lost alot of customers. the 256kbps unlimited plan covers more than 60%.
its rare to find people with 512kbps or above speeds. its a fact.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
My neighbour, on 1 mbps unlimited plan gets speeds wavering randomly between 80KBps to 10 KBps (atleast that's what he tells me :rolleyes: )
And his connection is Airtel's :p

ok here is why i told they are better..

i had a problem with connection .. so i called them.. it was sat eveneing...
they took my compalint and said that they will send a technician..

within 15min ( fifitenn- minutes flat ) two technicians were at the doorstep and they took around 10 mintures.. and my BB was online again...

and still i think their CC is better than others.. may be now after this global crisis it would have become bad.. but before it was superb....

Stuge

Youngling
Nobody wants to take law in their hand.Otherwise they would have been in big trouble if they would have done so .

harry10

Gadgets freak
ok here is why i told they are better..

i had a problem with connection .. so i called them.. it was sat eveneing...
they took my compalint and said that they will send a technician..

within 15min ( fifitenn- minutes flat ) two technicians were at the doorstep and they took around 10 mintures.. and my BB was online again...

and still i think their CC is better than others.. may be now after this global crisis it would have become bad.. but before it was superb....

Same here.
Modem got busted. Called them at 2 at night. Technician came at 10 in morning,changed modem and am online again.Thats the kind of service which makes it different from BSNL/reliance/Tata etc.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
^^offtopic: speed reduction is understandable considering what been going on... but why is the letters in your post reduced??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom