Airtel GPRS internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillnow

Broken In
hi guys,
i have a symbian 60 phone(n70). i have opera mobile browser.
i have a prepaid airtel connection. though i have seen in many sites/forums that u can access net(gprs) on ur phone in sony erricson phones....for free!
is there any method to access net without going postpaid and payin such unreasonable rates?
i think if we have solutions...this thread can help many..as its so unfair that prepaid users can only access that ****ty airtel live
thanks,

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
i agree its illegal.
but wtf bharti telecom is one of the most shrewd (next only to reliance) telecom companies... i mean their misleading cost structures, that money hoging airtel live, and may it be a 5 second call or 60 second call...they deduct whole two bucks!!... and lots of hidden ****,,
i could go on and on....
i just took airtel coz many ppl have it and calls would be cheaper...
airtel have done a lot of injustices to its customers...
so i no longer care about cheating them....

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Chillnow it seems u havnt read the threads n forum regarding free airtel properly. It DOES NOT MATTER whthr u have a prepaid or postpaid card.

Pathik

Google Bot
ya.... search the forums .. u ll find the trick...

and ther r more tricks for nokia than SE :))

Last edited:
OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
Akshay said:
Chillnow it seems u havnt read the threads n forum regarding free airtel properly. It DOES NOT MATTER whthr u have a prepaid or postpaid card.
yaar, do tell me more...while i check out the threads
thanks

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
i posted this few days ago which i got from some forum..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33929

this is better way and its not illegal and free and speed is superb.. i tried it for my QD and it works fine.. also its fun to do chatting and browsing on ur bed.

best if u have opera

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
thanks,
but i have some q.
do u have to be near the comp. for this to happen.....? i mean its jus net on ur phone near ur comp naa? is it that the net is on ur phone till there is a bluetooth connetion between ur pc and phone?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
chillnow said:
thanks,
but i have some q.
do u have to be near the comp. for this to happen.....? i mean its jus net on ur phone near ur comp naa? is it that the net is on ur phone till there is a bluetooth connetion between ur pc and phone?
ya u hav to be bt range..

desmataks said:
has anybody found trick to use it on single channel phone like nokia 3220

i din got u as "single channel".. no u cant do with 3220. as the process requires a free source software called "gnubox" which comes only in *.sis format but not in *.jar format..

may be some other way...try g:p:pgling

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
umm...it directs me to *tagtag.hitlogos.com/...where its a wap site...cant see any search engine...
help me out.
thanks,

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
umm... the airtel guys had trouble activatn my airtel live now they say it will be done tmrw 1pm. i guess i should have that workin and then try the tricks to surf the net.
will keep u posted, guys,
thnks a lot

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
umm...k guys
my live is accesible... though im rarely able to connect. but i cant acces that site wap.tagtag.com
im using opera mobile...
not mini..
help me out
thanks

honey62022

Broken In
Well you just ask the guys at Airtel to activate Mobile Office. You can open any site on ur mobile after that. They will deduct 5 rs./day after activation and u can use as much as u want. Also u can connect to internet with ur pc with ur mobile thru bt or ir or cable.

joshi_ban

Broken In
who said it is Rs 5? Dude its 12 bucks in Maharastra ...... well i also agree with some of the folkes here that Bharti has looted the customers, so its okay to do these things and by the way there are not ILLEGAL things, its called tech intellegence.

Take care dudu,

Last edited:

alltime.homie

Broken In
Funny. They charge you for going into Airtel Live ? That's stupid. I am not charged for Airtel Live. But then I called 121 and they told me that using GPRS on your airtel would you cost 15 bucks for the day and you could open and close the net from your phone any no.of times from then on for the next 24 hours without paying anything extra. However, I do agree, it's a bit stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom