Airtel goes 512kbps unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm...Weird. The speed dropped to max 35kBps few days back and didn't rise. Probably they were only testing or something. Ah well, I filled my hard disk as much as I could while I could anyways.

cyberia.in:
Cool, can you post the letter screenshot? What exactly did it say?

G

gxsaurav

now this is compleately out of my mind

my connection plan changed 5 times a day :shock:

here the thing, i go to the airtel usage check site to check my usage in time & KBs, but it changes the plan always

sometimes i get my plan listed as Home 1000, then Home 500, then flexi-128, flexi-64 :shock:

seems like i got all the airtel connection in 1 :D

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
ya good scheme gxsaurav :D

but on a serious note you have to keep calling the so called customer care again & again

that is very annoying

G

gxsaurav

I m the most happy customar there is :D now changed to Home 1000, 256 wala plan :shock: :D

asdf1223

Journeyman
now i am getting a drop to 170kbps :?. damn anyways i have the night unlimited offer(9pm-8am). so no real gain/loss.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
If you are asking about the 256kbps unlimited plan
No .. They havent .. in Delhi

OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
No navino, I guess that was a false call. But I had it for around a week and a lot of airtellers I know experienced the speed jump too.
But after the speed jump 'sped away', the connection speed is now around 30KBps instead of the usual 25-27 KBps.

I

invisible

siriusb said:
No navino, I guess that was a false call. But I had it for around a week and a lot of airtellers I know experienced the speed jump too.
But after the speed jump 'sped away', the connection speed is now around 30KBps instead of the usual 25-27 KBps.
why dont you tell that you were lieing? :lol:
OMG 54KB/s on 256kbps line thats impossible.

OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I wasn't "lieing", but I guess the title is a bit mis-leading in light of recent decrease. I'll edit it then.

harish_21_10

In the zone
invisible said:
vijay_7287 said:
512kbps for 1k

ohh god i will cry now ... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

why is this thingy not there in HYD

are u sure , r therent any further strings attached ???

on the positive if it is true
then i think the other ISP's will soooooonn slash their prices too ....

i hope dataone gives 256kbps unlimited for 700 bucks !!!
its there in hyderababd
but the CC says there is no such plan upgrade in hyd.

so it may b only to chennai,delhi and other rural areas.
Any contact no. of airtel people to get information regarding their broadband services here in hyderabad?or any site which can provide me their tariff plans in hydrabad...i found some site related to it but there is no option for hyderabad for the tariffs.
Help out guys

legolas

Padawan
hi, the information provided by sirius is abs. right! i did get the same speed @ abt 50!!! :D it is impossible to get 50 KB with 256.. but u cud get with 512 Kbps line!! and tats wat happened... and i also had the speed reduced back to normal after a day.

btw, i confirmed it again, it seems as of now there is no plans of changing to a 512 kbps from 256 kbps and all... it is that they hav increased 20% BW to the 256 kbps line.. that too on the lower side. i mean we were assured of downloading bet. 180 and 256 kbps until.. this 180 has been increased to 1280 + 20% of 180. thats it! however, i feel a noticable differnece in the conx with my dl speed increased by 3 KB as siriusb said.

/legolas

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
well...well...let me also comment on this...
i DO get these speeds ...

frm speed.touchtelindia.net..

Your current bandwidth reading is:
421.40kbps
Retest
which means you can download at 52.67 KB/sec. from our Network to your last mile provision.

iam running on 256Kbps UL .. paying 900 per month...
and the above speed iam getting from 11:00pm daily till 7:00 am .... nd thats happening since 10 days or so..
before that the whole day it was like this... !! :wink:
now during daytime i get arnd 30kBps ... decent enuf !!

G

gxsaurav

even i m getting speeds like that, in the day time i usually get upto 20 kbps depending on the server & on rapidshare about 10 kb, in the night i get download speeds upto of 32 KB

Dipen01

Youngling
Can anyone post the site where i can check....my Internet Speed..i meant Bandwidth...

other than that touchtel one..coz am using 64kbps.. and i just checked it...its 2 am..and it show accurate 40 kbps..what does this mean..??

so i want to confirm this... before complaining..so can anyone pls..post few moew link so i can be sure of it...that they have capped me at 40..Kbps....

Thanx..
Dipen

I

invisible

harish u can call ti airtel broadband customer care @ 40012345
and thier plans are like this.

64kbps UL - Rs399 + STax 10% + 500Rs installation cot(refundable)

128kbps UL - Rs 699 + 10% st + no installation cost

256kbps UL - Rs 999 + 10% st + no installation cost

U will get free phone in all schemes.check whetehr 1000-100-10 scheme is there or not on telephone.There is activation cost for phone and o monthly rental on phone.You will get 55Rs talktime free in 128kbps plan,Rs 75 talktime free in 256 kbps plan,and no talktime free in 64kbps plan.

Airtel speeds suck for me.Never got more than 14KB/s on my 128kbps connection.
I suggest you to go for Akshbroadband which has the best plans in whole India.

harish_21_10

In the zone
invisible said:
I suggest you to go for Akshbroadband which has the best plans in whole India.
My cable wala is providing internet connection of Aksh but there are no unlimited plans thats the reason i have to look for other options available.Anyways thanks for the information

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Dipen01 said:
Can anyone post the site where i can check....my Internet Speed..i meant Bandwidth...

other than that touchtel one..coz am using 64kbps.. and i just checked it...its 2 am..and it show accurate 40 kbps..what does this mean..??

so i want to confirm this... before complaining..so can anyone pls..post few moew link so i can be sure of it...that they have capped me at 40..Kbps....

Thanx..
Dipen

U can try out theese....

us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer.asp

*www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

*support.primus.ca/en/dsl/speedtest.php

nd incase u need more just search in google!! :wink:

the_moon

Journeyman
Dipen01 said:

Thanx..
Dipen

Try
*speakeasy.net/speedtest/

*us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer.asp (not compatible with FF)

legolas

Padawan
invisible said:

hahaha... wat more do u expect from 128 kbps ? theoretical max is 16 KB. u get 14!!! u r tooo greedy i must say. if so, pay for it and upgrade ur conx.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.