Not open for further replies.
OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
siriusb,
Still you get these speeds?
Yes.
But check with ppl in yur city before you get airtel now. The airtel cc guys, though courteous and stuff, have differing ideas on what the plans are. The first guy I called up said that they have migrated all 256 to 512, while another cc guy denied it. But a lot of airtel users I know have felt the jump to 512kbps. Wait till they put the news out.

G

gxsaurav

even if airtel provides 256 kbps unlimited at Rs 700, including the modem rental if any, they will soon be in a state of monopoly, as 256 kbps is real broadband according to TRAI (A marketing gimmik they can use for publicity), & good enough speeds that anyone will require, 512 kbps is good, but not many people use that much speed anyway

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I will be hoping for the dominoes effect. If Airtel upgrades, then DataOne might be forced to match the service and that might result in my service provider, Ortel coming up with a better scheme.

Although I would love the 512k connection, but at the moment if they even offer me a 256k uncapped connection, I will consider myself blessed.

I

invisible

Guys today I talked with 2 CC guys and both of them confirmed me that there is no such plan upgrade from Airtel side :evil: for the next two months.

G

gxsaurav

:D ya right, u just don't have good friendship with some gal working in airtel, the plan might not be available everywhere

chinmay

Journeyman
Well, I am on Airtel 256k unlimited and I didn't notcie any special; boost in speed ... I get a normal 31-32kB/s constant. I do get a boost upto 43kB/s but thats jus for 1 minute or so and I have been getting that everytime since I got my connection (23rd Sep, 05)

@gxsaurav - I am pretty sure if Airtel changes their plan it'll be available all over India.

G

gxsaurav

ok here's the whole thing, this is what she told me when i met her today before the office

Airtel 64 kbps unlimited with an ADSL Modem & Phone = Rs 399

Airtel 128 kbps unlimited with an ADSL modem, & no phone line = Rs 699

Airtel 256 kbps unlimited with an ADSL modem, & no phone line = Rs 999

Airtel 256 kbps , 1 GB Cap, ADSL Modem & Phone line = Rs 500

Modem rental included, so for Rs 400 the 64 kbps unltd plan is better then Dataone Rs 250 - 400 MB plan, Even I m now migrating to 256 kbps unltd from Decembar 21, everything is confirmed & i will return my Phone though

Previously I was paying for 96 kbps sify, Rs 1000

Airtel in lucknow Rox :lol:

geekysage

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
besides i m already getting dam high speeds, i got 180 KBps download speed in DAP, 2 days ago, in night, thats 1440 kbps, more then 1 mbps....
ever heard of burst speeds? That's prolly why you saw 180KBps in DAP, i once saw 80KBps on dial-up! DAP fvcks up when you start a download or especially after you resume after a long pause.

con_tester

Journeyman
My net Speed...

254.8 kilobits per second
Communications 254.8 kilobits per second
Storage 31.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 32.9 seconds
Subjective rating Mediocre

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
In my part of chennai airtel is putting cables within next 15-20 days i will be shifting to airtel from the Tata indicom.

i was planning to go for the 256kbps unlimited and now going through the post i think i will be getting 512kbps speed.

Hope they introduce this plans. and if they introduce 1mbps for around 1500 bucks then it will be really great.

Regards...

OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It seems only a few 'airtellers' have been migrated, and asking around those who have 512 now, I think those are the old 256kbps unlimited guys. Another guy told me that an airtel cc told him that the 512kbps plan may be listed in jan or feb for everyone.

So shivrajan, you may not have the 512kbps plan now.
And cyberia.in, the previous migration to 512kbps was for those with 256kbps 1GB cap, I believe.

chinmay

Journeyman
Well, I am gettin download speeds upto 65kBps on torrents and http downloads and i don't think its a speed burst or cache download as it maintains a constant speed of 63-64kBps and doesn't go below 50kBps. I think/hope I am upgraded or to be done soon. The only preoblem being that if I check it on any speed testers it shows around 35kBps only.

heres a screenie :-
*img212.imageshack.us/img212/5016/clipboard015xa1.th.jpg

cyberia.in

In the zone
@siriusb - No, I'm talking about some internal letter I came across some time ago. I dont have it in my possesion right now, so I cant show it.

Maybe a have a scanned copy in my old system.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey today these airtel marketing guys came to my house and my father took the Rs 399 unlimited plan... and the phoneline..... after too much argument on this very topic he told me that 64kbps would be the minimum speed and i can get upto 256kbps (huh... JERK!!) He actually was able to persuade my fater to take the scheme... while my father was all ready for the rs 999 scheme... alas...
they are giving 1000 mins free on any 2 local nos. + 100 mins free on 1 STD no + 10 Mins free on 1 ISD no.

Airtel 64 kbps unlimited with an ADSL Modem & Phone = Rs 399

Airtel 128 kbps unlimited with an ADSL modem, & no phone line = Rs 699

Airtel 256 kbps unlimited with an ADSL modem, & no phone line = Rs 999

now i know why he insisted us on taking the 399 plan because of the requirement of the silly phone line....
but the +ve point is that NO rent for the phone line for 3 months and those 3 types free minutes for 3 months....

con_tester

Journeyman

Same as BSNL.

Better go for BSNL.

I heard that in north region Airtel is Slow.
Maybe I m wrong...

I

invisible

con_tester said:

Same as BSNL.

Better go for BSNL.

I heard that in north region Airtel is Slow.
Maybe I m wrong...
Yes Airtel is slow compared to BSNL & Sify.BSNL speeds are awesome but whats the use with 1Gb limit?So better to take Airtel UL plan.U got it?

Airtel browsing speeds are slow and download speed also used to fluctuate.

@mario
u will get phone line on every plan

I myself have taken 128kbps plan and i got the phone.

the scheme which u have mentioned
(a) unlimited calls to 2 local No.s
(b)nationwide STD to one number @ Rs1/min.

does not apply to telephone when u take net connection.
U have to take a ordinary landline scheme from airtel which starts from Rs 500 (Rs 650 talktime free) + the above said scheme.

navino87

In the zone
Airtel

Initially i had 128kbps speed then it has upgraded to 256kbps But now it has not upgraded to 512 kbps. I am in vellore. Is that sure that the 256kbps has upgraded to 512 kbps?

Reply me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom