Airtel goes 512kbps unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It's unofficially confirmed that airtel will be upgrading the 256kbps plans to 512kbps unlimited. The news is not out on quotable sources so this post is not in latest news section. Only the call center guys and some forumers have confirmed it so far. BSNL will probably not be far behind, but who cares.
I left azureus run uncapped for some days now for something like this to happen, and it did! I am still downloading some sucky torrents and the max I was getting of them has been around 50KBps. After I finish this, I will start the big torrents ;P

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
siriusb,
You live in Chennai naa? You are my new friend :p

4 of my (ex)classmates also have Airtel connection, I will call and ask them now..
Can you post a screenshot of your client?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Lol, yea I am with grudgy, ur new friend, me too, me too !

BTW - rates anyone ? Me planning to shift to it from my Dataone.. cap... :( Also, does the speed reduce ? can u post a screenshot of ur speed test ? heard its low always in Airtel and that was why i had decided aganst it :(

drgrudge

The speeds are not low. It works out to 24kBps for my friend, but the upload speed: Download speed is almost 1.0 .

I think it's 900 + modem + 10.2% tax for the connection.

OP
siriusb

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
speed.Touchtellindia.net sez:
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/1416/touchtelindianet4sd.jpg

IDM says:
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/7281/idm578fv.jpg

Actually in IDM, the speed varies from 54 to 64 kBps, while staying at 57KBps most of the time.

My theory is that, the speed would probably be 54.x kBps, as my 128kbps gave 13.5KBps, my 256kbps gave 27.x (almost double).

iinfi

mekalodu
:( some one plz come to New Panvel ...sify suks here and i dont like MTNL plans for they have data tabs .....

i m paying a hell lota money for my unlimited Reliance connection.

G

gxsaurav

i too inquired it, my 128 kbps un limited is already upgraded to 256 kbps, at the same Rs 700/month price, & i was wondering, how the hell i m getting speed of 256 KBps on 128 kbps connection, i thought it was a flaw at their side

besides i m already getting dam high speeds, i got 180 KBps download speed in DAP, 2 days ago, in night, thats 1440 kbps, more then 1 mbps, but regularly i get speeds in the range of 32 to 50 while downloading

*img216.imageshack.us/img216/6739/maxspeed6du.th.jpg

[lokesh]

Journeyman
There is something wrong with that touchtel bandwidth test...

Check this out....hehe
*img493.imageshack.us/img493/4384/band11du.gif

netarget

Broken In
Ya Ya

I am using airtel Home 128 unlimited. But after downloading a couple of MBs, the connection slowly reduces speed and comes to a stand still and the connection hangs. All my other applications work perfectly fine except the airtel dial up connection. God knows what wrong and on which side (mine or theirs)

drgrudge

I asked one of my friends, he says he is getting around 29-31 kBps only, but yesterday got upto 37-38kBps. He says that he is connected to 512kbps, but d/l speed maybe at 384kbps.

siriusb,
Still you get these speeds?

gxsaurav,
Run torrents and post the screenie man. Even I get 40KBps in the nights with flashget/other d/l managers.

shwetanshu,
Already Chinnu is getting 384kbps speeds man, ask him for more.

Maybe if they really give away 512kbps for 1k a month, then I will be pressing my dad for this connection from the frogsh!t BSNL (that turned me into a leecher) connection.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
512kbps for 1k

ohh god i will cry now ... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

why is this thingy not there in HYD

are u sure , r therent any further strings attached ???

on the positive if it is true
then i think the other ISP's will soooooonn slash their prices too ....

i hope dataone gives 256kbps unlimited for 700 bucks !!!

I

invisible

vijay_7287 said:
512kbps for 1k

ohh god i will cry now ... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

why is this thingy not there in HYD

are u sure , r therent any further strings attached ???

on the positive if it is true
then i think the other ISP's will soooooonn slash their prices too ....

i hope dataone gives 256kbps unlimited for 700 bucks !!!
its there in hyderababd
but the CC says there is no such plan upgrade in hyd.

so it may b only to chennai,delhi and other rural areas.

mario_pant

In the zone
if u r serius then this is gr8 news.....
i am in chandigarh and my whole sector was dug for putting airtel optics..... would take another month to be here in my sectro i suppoz....
it would rock..... i hate the 2 to 8 am free limit in dataone!!!! i'll definitely take the 1k 512kbps connection......

HaiL AiRTEL!!!!

G

gxsaurav

hmm, with the windwos XP SP2 limitation in tcpip.sys i don't get a lot of connection torrent, & also i don't use it regularly, i use utorrent & most of the times, i don't get seeders, or whatever they are called, torrent is not my thing

con_tester

Journeyman
Whaan uhannn....(Crying)

I live in this hell...smallest city u all ever have been..
Only BSNL available.
I think it will take 10 years to be avialable other
ISP's too here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom