Airtel Broadband gives double the speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Go to *airtel-broadband.com/home.htm
click on "Tariff plans" or "Tariff selector". They are flash buttons and also popup. SO enable both in ur browser. I know, bad UI design.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
shravan said:
QwertyManiac said:
well, i dont see anything wrong in sirius's post :(

he has a 256kbps connexion and he gets effective rates of 25kBps (a slow one coz normally it shud be 32kBps)

wats wrong innit ?

In most cases, when they mention 512 KbPS your supposed to get 64 KBPS speed while you usually get only 50KBPS. Its data loss during transfer. Same applies for even lower speeds. You never get the full speed. Being in India, I'm glad we're getting 256 KBPS at an affordable price ;)!!!

mmm...no...that is not the case. If it mentions upto 512 kbps then the your downloads should hit a max of 64k. There is no such data loss during transfer. Oh and I know becos I had a 512kbps connection earlier where in it maxed out at 64k all the time. My torrent speeds are also at 25k. However might have something to do with my upload speed being 8k all the time. My http download speeds are at a constant 29-30k which is more realistic to the 32k scenario.

Swap

Broken In
I'm in Manipal, Karnataka and I mostly get 256, and many times more than 256kbps! Service is quite good here.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I use TataIndicom BroadBand at 512 kbps.
It's like you are on a Ferrari with Steroids!!
But nobody has 512 kbps unlimited plans!!
In the US, for 40 dollars you get 2MB unlimited
Internet broadband!!
You can download the latest Fedora , Suse , Ubuntu ,
Solaris etc., When India is going to be like America?
God only knows!!
Even Singapore, Malaysia have excellent broadband
connectivity.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Ya i too hate data transfers plans.wonder wen will 512kbps+ unlimited plan for under 500 come 2 india and v will not hav 2 pester digit for our fav softwares!

jay4u

In the zone
great i always wanted to switch to a mobile based internet solution due to frequent travelling.... really great.... thanx buddy

nikhil

Broken In
hey i'm using the plan in which they r offering 512kb speed...really nice connection...good performance...hey only rs 500 per month plus a phone connection is also included

nikhil

Broken In
true.....1gb.....but still it's an enjoyable experiance...compared to the other similiar services offered by other companies i've had it for about 4 months and no complaints so far in fact i was thinking about getting rid of my bsnl phone...which develops some fault at least once or twice a month.

ramandhingra

Right off the assembly line
dunno about airtel.. but my tata indicom gives 512 kbps, 500mb for rs. 414/month.. but, in actual the line is 256 kbps.. there rnt much users yet.. itz not that old..

Keyur

Right off the assembly line
Guys, everybody says unlimited but the amount of MB to be downloaded is fixed and not unlimited.

I have got SIFY 64 KBPS unlimited with download of 150 MB/Day at 500Rs./Month, which is really satisfactory.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmmm... so i guess only delhi/NCR ppl are being obliged...nyways iam staying in gurgaon and frm 10:30 to 6:30 in the morning iam getting close to 55kBps download in torrents as well as uploads....

i enquired whether any new plans will be launcehd...
the airtel guy told me that new plans are abt to be launched by feb end,therez also a plan for 512kps unlimited....nd will go for 1500 bucks.... seems nice!! but how much time actually it will take is anyones guess!! the biggest advantage i say with airtel broadband is "zero downtime"...in the last 10months i have never experienced downtime.... amazing!!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I am also using airtel broadband...but i m still geting 64 kbps...i dont knw when airtel is going to upgrade my speed...my account is 399,combo plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom