Airtel Broadband gives double the speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shravan

Broken In
Airtel Broadband has revised broadband speeds.

Home 999 plan was 128 KbPS UNLTD in the begining, but now is 256 Kbps. The home 699 plan was 64 KbPS UNLTD, not its, 128 KbPS UNLTD!!!

:lol: CHEERS TO US WHO USE AIRTEL !!!

ammusk

Journeyman
godzi_85 said:
ya dude and they are putting the 256kbps unlimited ppl on a 512 kbps unlimited line man
can anyone confirm this because i am on 256 unlimited and would just love 512 unlimited

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
@ammusk, I think u need to remove the quotation marks around the username.
And me too on 256kbps unlimied but I am not getting insanely high speeds neither :
I guess new delhi and gurguon ppl are the only ones. Let's see. I've specified my azureus download limit to "unlimited" after hearing this news, but so far I am only getting around 25KBps.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
I have never had any problems with airel's broadband service & get constant speeds of 220-230 kbps on my 256 kbps connexion (which has now become 512 kbps,God Bless Airtel! :D ) with almost zero downtime.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
dIgItaL_BrAt
Can you tell this in little detail .. ?

Here they havent make 512kbps in Delhi

Where are you located?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The speed doubling is only for those who were on the Home995 or some plan which is hour-based. The new speed also has the same hour-based limitation. I confirmed it with an airtel customer care lady.
Actually, I've been hearing about speed increase with the Home999 guys as well. But since only a couple of guys were getting these, it is safe to assume that it was either an error on their end, or they are testing out the network capacity to see if they can allow unlimited 512kbps plan ;) So ppl on Home999, including me, can only hope airtel's kindness extends onto the unlimited plans as well.

OP
S

shravan

Broken In
godzi_85 said:
ya dude and they are putting the 256kbps unlimited ppl on a 512 kbps unlimited line man

Yeah right! And when did Airtel have a 256 KbPS UNLIMITED SCHEME whose customers they upgraded top 512 KbPS ????!!!

OP
S

shravan

Broken In
siriusb said:
And me too on 256kbps unlimied but I am not getting insanely high speeds neither :
I guess new delhi and gurguon ppl are the only ones. Let's see. I've specified my azureus download limit to "unlimited" after hearing this news, but so far I am only getting around 25KBps.

You should'nt get confused between KBps and KbPS.

KBps means KiloBytes per Second

KbPS means kilobits per Second

1 Byte = 8 bits. Do the math!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
well, i dont see anything wrong in sirius's post :(

he has a 256kbps connexion and he gets effective rates of 25kBps (a slow one coz normally it shud be 32kBps)

wats wrong innit ?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
shravan said:
siriusb said:

You should'nt get confused between KBps and KbPS.

KBps means KiloBytes per Second

KbPS means kilobits per Second

1 Byte = 8 bits. Do the math!
Weak though I am in maths, I try not to get bits and bytes mixed. And as QM discerned carefully, my BT speeds are around 25KBps most of the time never going above 27KBps.
But I, on the other hand, am intrigued by your capitalization of "PS" in 'kbps'.

OP
S

shravan

Broken In
Lol... KBps can be said as KBPS and KbPS can be said as kbps!
I just used them to help you differentiate. ;)
--- Cheers :d

OP
S

shravan

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:

he has a 256kbps connexion and he gets effective rates of 25kBps (a slow one coz normally it shud be 32kBps)

wats wrong innit ?

In most cases, when they mention 512 KbPS your supposed to get 64 KBPS speed while you usually get only 50KBPS. Its data loss during transfer. Same applies for even lower speeds. You never get the full speed. Being in India, I'm glad we're getting 256 KBPS at an affordable price ;)!!!

mario_pant

In the zone
ummm..... can PLEASE someone tell me the 256 -> 512 plan..... i thaught there were only two plans... 64->128(660) and 128->256(999)

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
shravan said:
QwertyManiac said:

wats wrong innit ?

In most cases, when they mention 512 KbPS your supposed to get 64 KBPS speed while you usually get only 50KBPS. Its data loss during transfer. Same applies for even lower speeds. You never get the full speed. Being in India, I'm glad we're getting 256 KBPS at an affordable price ;)!!!
Indian BSNL subscribers get 32KBps. Airtel promises an "upto 256kbps" speed, and along with their atm backbone, they explain away the lower speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom