AIRCEL mumbai unlimited internet for Rs. 98/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Must be a limited period offer. There network won't be able to bear that much load. Services already pathetic in Delhi, so expected to get worse if they keep on providing such lucrative offers.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
yeps........these r just introduction offers.......!!! they'll soon start charging more !!!
but very gud till its 98/month....!!!
Btw, im getting it free :lol:but cant connect to pc...:-(.i dont need too...;-)!!!

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
This is only an introductory offer, so if you think you're going to have this forever, then don't bother changing to aircel, BTW, there network is sad, always interconnection issues with other networks, conjested interconnections, always busy.

amitava82

MMO Addict
You get unlimited grps (EDGE connection) from Vodafone for Rs.98 in Kolkata. Been using since last 2 months. Works for basic browsing. It works on proxy, so any internet based application on phone won't work other than browser.

OP
Pratul_09

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Both GPRS & WAP are unlimited for Rs. 98/-. Their site is not updated, so no details of the plan. Just call customer care at 121 and ask for unlimted GPRS/WAP of 30 days for e-topup of Rs 98/-, and will get the reply and the settings for GPRS.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Guys!!! I wanted to know the dial up settings for connecting my phone as a modem to surf net on PC. The settings I got over air are working fine for WAP.

So I called up their customer care (which is pathetic at the best). They told me the settings as :-

User name:- Blank
Password:- Blank

Dialing no:- *99***1#

Using these settings I am able to dial the no and it proceeds to Verifying user name and password and finally to registering your PC to internet. After trying to register for about a minute Windows throws up Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated."

WTH!! Upon googling I gotta know that this may be because of incorrect username and password.

Can anybody who is using Aircel PC Internet help me with the settings.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Its here in andhra pradesh too
*www.aircel.com/VAS/Andhra-Pradesh/gprs_aircel_thrills.asp

I think its only for browsing...And its just a limited period offer...Donno when will they remove this service after i buy their SIM...Better I stick to airtel..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@sandeepkochhar - Thanks for the info. I am mostly going for Aircel. Doesn't matter if they change in coming times. Rs.98 for EDGE is too lucrative.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
anyway we can complain about the mis(rather free)use of airtel gprs by many of its customers :mad: although airtel deserves it.the thing that bothers me is that it is hurting broadband penetration as many now have what they need(orkut,google) for free
many of my friends dont want a broadband connection coz airtel's free gprs works great for them:mad:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's just a limited period offer. When they will get enough consumers they will just hike the price.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^As soon as they find that the number of edge users has reached the limit that they are unable to service voice calls, they will increase the charges.

agnels

Live The Dream!
Idea in Goa @ Rs. 30/day or Rs. 900/Month for an EDGE connection but very low speeds about 5KBps. In UK its 50 pence/day (approx. Rs. 35/day) for a 500 MB/day limit 3G connection......Mumbaikars u r really lucky ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom