Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II - Short Review

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Pankaj, I checked it with only RDP and no other software like VNC etc. do note that theme was "Windows Classic" during the RDP session. except that rest are fine.

mastervk

In the zone
@OP

Did you bought Aurora 2 or Aurora v2...Aurora 2 has dual mali while aurora v2 has single mali and is upgraded version of Aurora 1...

elf vs Aurora : Only difference between elf and aurora of same version is that aurora has IPS screen which is much better than normal screen..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
IIRC the device had dual Mali processor. I can confirm this later tonight.

PS: I have a strange feeling that it might not be a dual mali one :-?

elcore

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

Ainol Aurora II is available @ its official site @ Special Price: $129.90 :-o , earlier price was $159.90

As well as could anyone confirm what kind of After Sales Service will be provided like who will bear the charges of sending the tab to their SC?

aniket.cain

Padawan
IIRC the device had dual Mali processor. I can confirm this later tonight.

PS: I have a strange feeling that it might not be a dual mali one :-?

From what I have read:

The Mali400 GPU has one geometry processor (GP) and one to four pixel processors (PP) depending on the chip used. In the case of Aurora II, "Mali400 Dual Core" refers to having one GP and two PPs. At 400MHz, the Mali400 GP pushes out 44Mtri/s, while each PP pushes one pixel every cycle, which turns out to be 400Mx2=800Mpx/s.

Guys,

Ainol Aurora II is available @ its official site @ Special Price: $129.90 :-o , earlier price was $159.90

As well as could anyone confirm what kind of After Sales Service will be provided like who will bear the charges of sending the tab to their SC?

You could go with the Ainol Flame too.

Now, regarding the ASS, I am not sure how that will work. I bought mine from MP4nation, and they sell some Chinese stuff with warranty, like the Brainwavz, Fiio products. The tablet would have to be mailed to them in case there is a hardware failure, in which case they might have it repaired, or replaced. For software issues you have a growing community which helps to iron out all the issues and bugs.

elcore

From what I have read:

You could go with the Ainol Flame too.

Now, regarding the ASS, I am not sure how that will work. I bought mine from MP4nation, and they sell some Chinese stuff with warranty, like the Brainwavz, Fiio products. The tablet would have to be mailed to them in case there is a hardware failure, in which case they might have it repaired, or replaced. For software issues you have a growing community which helps to iron out all the issues and bugs.

Thanks Aniket.cain :) Has anyone had a chance to check out Fronix tablets? they are going to launch AuroraII [not Ainol as they claimed on FB :wink:] with different configuration like :
Jelly bean 4.1
Rockchip RK3066, 1.6GHz Dual core +4 Gpu ,Mali 400 MP4.
Dual camera,1gb DDR III ram,1024*600 Resolution

Does anyone know about its approx price as its not mentioned on their official website

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Since they have not provided the charger, what charger do you use? Does it have USB charging?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Oh I thought you were not provided with a Charger. Anyways can you check weather it charges via USB.
I mentioned it in the first post as "Travel Adapter" :)

But I charge it via iPod USB Charger. for the charger one required a universal/UK socket adapter(I lost mine so not using that)

Hrishi

what price can I expect for this tab in Delhi , within October 2012. ? I am planning for a good performance and durable tab within 2 months. Will this be god enough , screen quality and touch response is primary factor.

bsb1709

what price can I expect for this tab in Delhi , within October 2012. ? I am planning for a good performance and durable tab within 2 months. Will this be god enough , screen quality and touch response is primary factor.

Roughly 9200 from ebay india... The deal breaker is IPS panel,... Else you can also opt for Elf II which has same specs no IPS Panel, resolution same though.... 8200 Rs

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
It'll be very difficult finding Ainol tabs in India. You can try Ainol India - Sellers of Ainol Novo 7 Tablets in India though.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@bsb1709 the product has to be bought online. there are many ecommerce sites which are selling these. price varies from site to site. The screen/display quality is great, but there is a issue in touch. some apps doesn't respond well to touch, but its not a deal breaker either.

Hrishi

^so is it an issue with the application support , or is it some hardware glitch ?? The IPS panel , 1.5ghz dual arm and 1gb DDR3 is what I am looking for.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I feel its more of a software glitch rather than hardware as some touch apps work flawlessly.

Top Bottom