AI Recovery Burner

aravind

Broken In
Hello!

I've bought a ASUS K53E BBR7 notebook.

The first time I booted into Windows, I was prompted to make recovery DVDs. The program used is 'AI Recovery Burner' (I'm not sure if it is ASUS' product).

My notebook has a recovery partition. I don't want the recovery partition taking up space and using up a primary partition.

My question is..

If I delete the recovery partition, will I be able to restore the recovery partition as it is by using the recovery DVDs I create with this program. Will I be able to use the F9 key to start recovery if I restore the computers using the recovery DVDs after deleting the partition in the first place?

Thanks.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Hello!

I've bought a ASUS K53E BBR7 notebook.

The first time I booted into Windows, I was prompted to make recovery DVDs. The program used is 'AI Recovery Burner' (I'm not sure if it is ASUS' product).

My notebook has a recovery partition. I don't want the recovery partition taking up space and using up a primary partition.

My question is..

If I delete the recovery partition, will I be able to restore the recovery partition as it is by using the recovery DVDs I create with this program.
Will I be able to use the F9 key to start recovery if I restore the computers using the recovery DVDs after deleting the partition in the first place?

Thanks.
Yes.DVD can be used to resotre windows without recovery partition.
Recovery partition is meant for Non-DVD Recovery.

Doubtful over F9 Recovery since that uses recovery partition.
BTW DVD can be boote ddirectly to restore.

Its similar in most notebooks asus,hp dell etc.

OP
A

aravind

Broken In
If I delete the recovery partition, will I be able to restore the recovery partition as it is by using the recovery DVDs I create with this program.

I'm sorry for framing the question confusingly. What I meant to ask was, 'If I wipe out my hard disk and remove all partitions (including the recovery partition), and then start recovery using the recovery DVDs, will the recovery partition be re-created?'

Thanks for your reply.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Yes .Recovery partition will be recreated if you restore your original OS after complete wipeout using Restore DVD.

Tech&ME

Banned
Recovery DVD which you create using the software provided actually does not install windows in the real sense on your harddisk.

It basically copies the files from the Recovery DVD on to your NEW harddisk exactly, with the same structure and partitions as earlier.

langsholt

New to this forum
Can AI recovery software be used on other computers than ASUS. or will it not work if using it on HP, Compaq, IBM or other computers?

I have only uses AI recovery on Asus computer, and are helping a friend. Would be bad thing if using AI recovery and crash the computer while installing windows again.

If not usable on other than Asus, is there other universal recovery software anyone knows about and have good experience with?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:facepalm: you bumped a 2 year old thread.

Just manually copy paste important data and instead of creating recovery discs spanning many dvds, do a clean install of the OS.

Keep a live linux bootable USB pendrive handy in case windows doesn't boots up at all.

Top Bottom