Age Of Empires II HD

Krow

Crowman
Re: Playing Age Of Empires II HD

Why does the HD version cost $20? The content deserves money, not the graphics. Poor pricing.

cyborg47

Technomancer

That's the reason I said it could be a cash grab :p

I mean, the hd remakes from the modders have more features added to the games than this.

Krow

Crowman

MS will probably say it's 66% less than the price of new games ($60). But why should I pay that much for a mere rehash?

cyborg47

Technomancer

MS will probably say it's 66% less than the price of new games ($60). But why should I pay that much for a mere rehash?

You don't. You can rather for another Age game(age of empires 3 costs just 500rs, complete edition with all the expansions), or any other RTS, starcraft 2 costs 20$ right now, LOL :p

Superayush

Tech lover

I want aoe 4 :,( ....I love aoe series 1 2 and 3....btw people is there any good historic rts game around currently except aoe online ?

cyborg47

Technomancer

There won't be an AoE4, the studio was disintegrated long time ago(though I'm still wondering why MS did that to such a talented team :( ).
But there's AoE Online f2p, which is technically a fourth game in the series.

Krow

Crowman

Command and conquer is a food futuristic RTS. Can't recall any good historic one.

Krow

Crowman

Haven't tried either yet. Which is better for AOE fans?

Back to AOE II, I loved the Joan of Arc campaign and the Barbossa one. The Aztec campaign was there in the demo and is excellent even though it is a sad story. I am not a fan of the Saladin campaign, was pretty drab.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

Played AOE series games like Crazy from 1997 to 2013. Finally shifted to SC2. Played AOC with the highest level players :) (2.6k+Guys on Voobly & Zone)

Awesome game.

Lol this was one of the first games I played. Cheat codes were fun back then

How much does the HD version cost?

How about "big mamas gun ".... my first cheat code... :-D

Haven't tried either yet. Which is better for AOE fans?

Back to AOE II, I loved the Joan of Arc campaign and the Barbossa one. The Aztec campaign was there in the demo and is excellent even though it is a sad story. I am not a fan of the Saladin campaign, was pretty drab.

Neither of them is for AOE fans... then neither have the simplicity of AOE. one is an rts with third person/ rpg elements other is a turn based strategy.... nearest one which looks and feels like AOE2 is Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds..
The last RTS I played which did not have futuristic settings is.... LOTR:TBME 2.

OFFtopic: BTW there is a new RTS is making(Kickstarter going on)... Planetory Annihilation by team combined of people who worked on Supreme commander and Total Annihilation.

Last edited:

Alok

Adventurer

played series, and AOE II through gameranger a lot with friends... though interested in HD version.. I started to like HD versions since i got POP TRILOGY HD.

Top Bottom