advise a mobo, proccy, ram

prvprv

Journeyman
I was not clear in the first post. so I edited it now.

I want to build a rig for my dad with existing components hdd, cabinet, monitor etc.

I want to buy a new Mobo, proccy and ram for this purpose

Usage of the system is mostly web surfing.

my budget is 5k

advise any good mobo, proccessor, ram combination for < 5k
:smile:

Last edited:

aryanraj

Searching someone
it s not easy to buy all these things in your budge, I will suggest

Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo support both DDR2 and DDR3 < 2400

Intel dual core E5700 < Rs. 3000

2GB DDR3 approx Rs. 600

Does your motherboard support DDR3 RAM? If yes, then go for 2 x 2 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM at 1.6k. Processor is fine for just web surfing.

d3p

PowerHouse
I want to build a rig with existing hdd, cabinet etc. but I want to buy a new Mobo, proccy and ram.

my budget is 5k

:smile:

Whatever config you have currently will do the job with a good RAM up-gradation like DDR2 4GB [2GB*2] as your motherboard supports upto 4GB.

IMO get this pair [Mushkin 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800 Silverline @ 5k]

Click here

Otherhand, your budget pretty low to upgrade a latest generation Processor, Motherboard & RAM.

It would be nice, if you let us know the purpose of the up-gradation apart from Web Surfing ????

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
If your current config is the one in your signature, then you will get a poorer config than your current one for that budget. Better to overclock your current processor and add 2GB RAM.

OP
prvprv

prvprv

Journeyman
very sorry friends I was not clear earlier. so I edited the post now. I need a new mobo, processor, and RAM to build a new rig for my dad with some old components I have.

my budget is 5k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If he isnt into gaming,etc and wants one ONLY for Office work get these-

Processor-AMD Athlon II x2 250 Rs.2700
Mobo-Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 Rs.2500
RAM- G-skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT Rs.700

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
TBH theres no point going for an x2 these days.
@OP Get an x3 for just Rs 800 more. You can even try to unlock the fourth core.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ But is there any chance of unlocking? :unsure: (I mean what is the probability of unlocking or how many people are successful in unlocking x3?)

Piyush

Lanaya
get the rig as mentioned by techfreak by changing the processor from athlon x2-->athlon x3

anyways have you already sold the old parts of the computer?

OP
prvprv

prvprv

Journeyman
Thanks to all

get the rig as mentioned by techfreak by changing the processor from athlon x2-->athlon x3

anyways have you already sold the old parts of the computer?

no piyush actully it was a amd athlon 64 processor with abit mobo and ddr1 RAM.

Now the mobo is damaged and unrepairable.
What I left with is a 160GB HDD, ATX cabinet, LCD monitor. So I am going to use these new mobo, proccy and RAM with those old ones:grin:

Cilus

laborare est orare
They are not recommended. In the Anandtech review it is clearly proven that they are defeted by Athlon II X3 in most of the scenarios.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, you'll get unlocked L3 cache too but not 6 MB all the time. You may get 4 MB L3 because some portion of the L3 cache is faulty and that's why it was disabled.

Top Bottom