Advice on the rig

codename47

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Hardcore Gaming and programming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:24k strictly for processor, Psu and ram.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No i already have aoc 23 inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:motherboard g1 sniper m3,graphics card gigabyte 660 gtx, corsair 400 r cabinet and 1tb harddisk.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:right now.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No i havent built before but this time i will do it all by myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai. No. I will buy from snapdeal as their prices are cheaper than fk.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Bought the graphics card almost 6 months ago. Now i have the finance to build the whole pc.
Is this rig good?
I5 3570k
seasonic sII 520 watts
g skill ripjawsX 4gb ram

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i5 3570k @14k

Seasonic sII 520 psu @ 4k

Gskill 4gb ram rijaws @2k

so you left with 4k you can invest in ssd

get from lamington road,avoid online store

OP
C

codename47

Broken In
i5 3570k @14k

Seasonic sII 520 psu @ 4k

Gskill 4gb ram rijaws @2k

so you left with 4k you can invest in ssd

get from lamington road,avoid online store

I didnt find any difference in price between online and lamington road. I had a bad experience purchasing from lamington road.
I guess snapdeal is a good site for making online purchase.

OP
C

codename47

Broken In
How about i go for i7 3770k. It is available for 19k on snapdeal. Do anyone have experience of purchasing from snapdeal?

BombayBoy

Journeyman
How about i go for i7 3770k. It is available for 19k on snapdeal. Do anyone have experience of purchasing from snapdeal?

i almost ordered the i5 3470 but for some reasons did not go ahead. was thinking of waiting for Haswell. but it ain't worth the wait. get it while you can with the extra 6% off and also you can get the EMI without any additional charge if you have an eligible Credit Card :)
the i5 3470 is not out of stock :(

also if you are okay with the Corsair Value Series RAM, get it from flipkart quickly as the same are being sold at Lamington for 1950~2000

OP
C

codename47

Broken In
I ordered seasonic sII 520 power supply,ripjawsx ram and transcend 25h3p harddisk from snapdeal. Now the only thing remaining is processor. I am confused between i5 3550k and i7 3770k. i73770k it seems runs a bit cooler than i5. I would also be considering water cooling in the future. So which processor is best for me?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get i5 3550K and I don't think i7 3770K runs cooler than the i5; in fact it is the opposite.

Risspartan117

Broken In
My suggestion is you go for the i5 3550K. There is not a lot of difference in performance between these processors, and you'll also save money that can be used for something better in the future. Since you're going for water cooling anyways, heating shouldn't even be a concern, but to be honest, it's hard to believe that i5 heats more than i7.

PS I suggest you buy from mdcomputers.in. Heard it's more reliable.

Top Bottom