Advice needed for a Good Mouse and Mouse pad.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
My PC Config is in Signature if required.

Budget: 2.5k (Mouse + Pad)

Games: RTS Only - Mainly Starcraft 2 , AOE, CAESER Series etc.

Using a cheap ass intex mouse with a local mouse pad and its getting very irritating to play with it due to slow response and mouse kinda sticking with Pad while moving.

d3p

PowerHouse
My PC Config is in Signature if required.

Budget: 2.5k (Mouse + Pad)

Games: RTS Only - Mainly Starcraft 2 , AOE, CAESER Series etc.

Using a cheap ass intex mouse with a local mouse pad and its getting very irritating to play with it due to slow response and mouse kinda sticking with Pad while moving.

RTS Gaming, Save few more dough & grab Logitech G600 & buy Steelseries Quick Mass M Mouse Pad.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Avoid logitech please.

Speaking from experience, I found that all my logitech mice break after ~1 year of use.

I have used two G5v2s, G700 and G500. All started developing problems, such as mouse suddenly disconnecting, multiple clicks when only 1 click was input, clicks that did not register etc.

At 2.5k I would suggest looking at Roccat. They supposedly have good products at that price range.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Roccat are around 5k man. Way to expensive. But thanks for the heads up with Logitech. Any other good brands?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Roccat are around 5k man. Way to expensive. But thanks for the heads up with Logitech. Any other good brands?

No, not all roccat mice are ~5k. IDK how you got that into your head. Look carefully. You will find Roccat mice in the 1.8k-2.5k range.

CM Storm is another option, and if you're lucky, entry-level steelseries (I recommend steelseries if you can get it).

For mousepad, avoid Razer like the plague. Their pads are worse than their mice, and that isn't to say that their mice are any good.

Look at steelseries, corepad, CM Storm, roccat.

Another option for mice I would consider is any MadCatz brand mouse (Cyborg series is most popular). But that is a last resort option because Steelseries is better.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Even if SS is recommended, its still out of budget for OP.

CM Storm Xornet or Spawn are small mouse & good for palm grip users, may increase fatigue. So have a look at the local store, before buying.

Steelseries Ikari Laser or optical is out of stock, since its a pretty old mouse. Kinzu v2 cost close to 2.8k. But Still Logitech G400 is a good choice when you compared it with Razer Abyssus & deathadder to some extent.

Moreover, Logitech Provides 3yrs of warranty compared to one yr of Razer, SS & Roccat.

Only CM provides 2yrs of warranty & their mice sucks.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
So You are saying I should go with Logitech Mouse that I have gave link above? I checked and it too has 3 year warranty.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Avoid logitech please.

Speaking from experience, I found that all my logitech mice break after ~1 year of use.

Sorry to say buddy, but you're the first to complaint about logitech, especially on their built. I have used, and much more heard mostly (or should I say 'only') good things about them.

For mousepad, avoid Razer like the plague. Their pads are worse than their mice, and that isn't to say that their mice are any good.

Any reasons for your such comments on Razer mousepad?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Sorry to say buddy, but you're the first to complaint about logitech, especially on their built. I have used, and much more heard mostly (or should I say 'only') good things about them.

Any reasons for your such comments on Razer mousepad?
But that does not mean my opinion is any less valuable about logitech. Their 400-500 rs regular stuff is usually good and lasts. But not their "gaming" peripherals. I talked about problems with my equipment and dont deny that any of these were reasonably high end. My cousin got himself a G400 a few months ago, and it has already started to disappoint him. He had a G5 v2 before that which also suffered from the problems I mentioned above. My mouse and his mouse were purchased in different countries, so it could not have been an issue with the batch of shipments.

OP, get the G400 and see how it holds in the long term. I really hope it is still good after 9 months. Or you could get roccat, which is also good. The Taito costs 1.8k IIRC.

About the mousepad, i have tried a few from razer, like the goliathus , sphex, and kabuto. To compare, I tried SS Qck. Much better but still not good enough (for me) so I ended up with an HD series pad (which is out of range for the OP).

I would really suggest the Qck to the OP.

d3p, this is the first time I've heard that small mice cause fatigue and are good for palm grips. As a claw grip user, I found that an ultra small mouse from Xpress (cheap Rs. 200 stuff) which was my staple mouse in 2006-2007 (when I had a 6 year old cheap PC haha), did not fatigue my hand I still believe that it's grip (due to the size) was the best fit for me (mouse was ambidextrous).

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am using G400. There's no problem with it, but I feel that a little bit of quality has decreased. I am not saying that its good enough. I use Razer Goliathus Control oversize since 2007. The older ones don't have stitches on the border, but the newer ones do. I also have CM Power RX as well. Both are good mousepags, but CM's base uses rubber and has pretty good grip over wood/glass surface.

With G400 and Goliathus control edition, for some weird reason, the mouse feet gets scratched. It didn't happen on my older MX518 which I used since 2007 but died few months back. What I liked more about MX518 is that the screws were accessible without removing the feet, so that I can clean the insides. G400's scroll wheel seem to be getting stiff after a certain point of use.

There's a new lineup from Logitech with the 'S' in the end. But I am using Logitech's mouse since MX510, G400 is dissapointing. Then again, for a 1.5k I guess its pretty 'okay'. The point is, if there's a better mouse within that budget, consider it. Avoid Razer, I've heard and seen a lot of people having issues after a year eventually, and the distributors here honour only 1 year warranty period whereas for the 2nd year you'll need to ping razer and ask what to do about it.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the Suggestions guys. I have bought this

Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse USB 2.0 Optical Mouse - Logitech: Flipkart.com & this DigiFlip Spawn MP002 Speed Edition Mousepad - DigiFlip: Flipkart.com

d3p

PowerHouse
d3p, this is the first time I've heard that small mice cause fatigue and are good for palm grips. As a claw grip user, I found that an ultra small mouse from Xpress (cheap Rs. 200 stuff) which was my staple mouse in 2006-2007 (when I had a 6 year old cheap PC haha), did not fatigue my hand I still believe that it's grip (due to the size) was the best fit for me (mouse was ambidextrous).

Coz, 6-7yrs back your hands were not so big as now.

Top Bottom