A Walk (For PSU ) to remember!!

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Arguably It Might Not Hold A Deserving Place In This Section :
I am simply giving brief discription of my funny(surprisng and Eye Opening) visit to Nehru Place ,New Delhi ..Known For its Gigantic Hardware market for getting A new PSU after my old intex..duh!!PSU got blown!:x*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/150518-psu-blown-intex-450watt-cheapo-new-psu-plz-suggest.html
Thanks to ico post which kept me out of the risk of getting one more crap box:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/147389-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html:smile:
Here Is How it all went down:
Shop 1
Me:I want a 500 watt PSU please dont offer me cooler master ,iball,intex,etc
I want corsair ,seasonic or tagan.
Dealer:We only deal in Coolermaster PSUz its the most trusted one out here:
Me:OH!Thanks...(And I left)
Shop 2
Me:I want seasonic 500 watt psu(i knew i wont get it! still made a try) :-o
Dealer:We dont deal in local brands(LOL:shock:)...prefer cooler master or you can get fOXIN
Me::shock::shock::shock::shock::crazy:
Shop 3
Me:Can i get 500 watt psu(tried to be as generic as possible as i can.. had already been through shocks like above by being brand specific)
Dealer:pSU????
Me:SMPS!
Dealer:Oh I thought you wanted PSU!!!!We have i ball 600watt....and on and on..
Me:Tagan 500 watt!:duh2:ck...
Me:NO NO!!...let it go..thank you
And it went on..
So as you can see that even at palces like nehru place big hardware dealers no nothing about psu and brands or anything regarding it ..they just misguide customers like me in believing that do brands like seasonic,tagan,corsair...even exists!
Following Image is the fate of my two PRO-PSU
You Should be very careful while dealing in psu if not for others!
Ofcourse there are online stores for that but most indians still prefer going for window shopping..and this is what they get
FINALLY Somehow i managed to procure Corsair CX500 watt PSU ...phew!!!
Following Image is the fate of my two PSU (WHY DID I BUY THEM:duh2:)

1.Frontech 350 WATT...Got fried :banghead:while attached to this system:

CPU-Intel P4
RAM:512MB DDR1
MOTHERBOARD:INTEL 845G
HDD:SEAGATE 80GB PATA

After Upgrading My System!

2.Intex 450 WATT...Got fried :hissyfit::wah: while attached to this system:

CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
GPU:MSI GTX 550Ti 1GB
RAM:CORSAIR 4GB 1600MHz DDR3
HDD:Seagate 500GB SATA

Please Be cautious about PSU ..Dont go for "name of the game" strategy of putting all the money in rig and trying to get a cheap local PSU for your Beast PC as i did(and suffered)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
whats ":shock:" about this thread is, you went for local PSU TWICE!

your second config makes it even more " :shock: "
coz you got the recommendation/money to buy 550ti & x4, but not a PROPER PSU.

atleast now you've learnt the lesson. :p

regarding shops at Delhi, you could have asked here or TE for shops, instead of wasting time & getting frustrated at the end.

anyways, happy gaming.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: It happened to you due to the fact that you were in wrong places/shops. ;)
Why didn't you try smc, where you can get cheap fsp PSUs?

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@S18000RPM i went for crap twice only bcoz i wasnt that much informed about the dark reality for psu since i wasnt A TDF member back then!!
As for the computer hardware shops are concerned ...for people living in delhi and even out of it would have heard about nehru place which is actually most reputed for all kind of tech hardware and to some extent it even lives up to its name but far as psuz are concerned it is not worth it
@Tested it with BRINK and HOMEFRONT..as far as noise is concerned i can say it is quite without games running. although it was difficult to judge that which component is making
noise since during gaming as usual all the fans(cpu,gpu,psu kicks in at hi speed) makes a lot of sound!!

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
are you using the stock cooler for your processor?if yes then you can't hear any other sound as that cooler only makes hell lot of sound.:p

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@sukesh yes!!!
its stock cooler..but i believe this time i am not putting my pc to yet another risk by using stock cooler????!!!!! I haven't Overclocked any of components.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, CX500v2 is okay...but for the price you have better alternative available online.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
what are those?how about this silverstone,
SilverStone Strider Essential 500W
the only problem with this is only the main power cable is sleeved and others are not.

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@ico i know there tons pf alternatives online and even u suggested me one but there were certain circumstances under which i wasnt able to consider them!
anyway ur suggestions are always helpful!thanx

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico i know there tons pf alternatives online and even u suggested me one but there were certain circumstances under which i wasnt able to consider them!
anyway ur suggestions are always helpful!thanx
you still got the best what's available in Nehru Place. :)

hey guys how is corsair gaming series gs 500?
Seasonic S12II is better.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
so, seasonic s12 520 is better than gs 500.then i will buy seasonic s12 520 for 3.5k+shipping from itwares.how is the price guys?is it more or perfect?
thank you.

Top Bottom