a Newbie's queries about Ubuntu........

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Check out this also : *help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html . Definitely not a Bible but should help you get started.

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hmm.....dats a quick gud reference.....

hey.........I just installed a Debian pendrive linux to my Corsair 4GB.........am now browsing from it

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
hmm.....dats a quick gud reference.....

hey.........I just installed a Debian pendrive linux to my Corsair 4GB.........am now browsing from it

Welcome to the Dark Side :). May the Force be with you !

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
When v install most of these Linux boxes......why they don't need any device drivers for working? my on-board Realtek audio and on-board grfx works without drivers......y is it so??

praka123

left this forum longback
^drivers are in-built in Linux kernel or as "modules" .way better than window$ way of "next next and next,,,,.... " :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
When v install most of these Linux boxes......why they don't need any device drivers for working? my on-board Realtek audio and on-board grfx works without drivers......y is it so??
thats one reason to love linux, i never bother to install drivers.

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
but I hav heard there r problems with dedicated gfx card linux drivers..........if I buy those new ATi HD3xxx or HD4xxx cards, will there be any problems?? I hav heard abt poor support for ATi products from Linux distributors.

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey....I just now got my Ubuntu 8.04 LTS by postal from Canonical Netherlands :) . I hav ordered it for about 2 weeks ago.........am now proud to show it my frnds and say "I'm a Ubuntu user" :D

praka123

left this forum longback
congrats!stick with GNU/Linux for a month or so.dont remove Linux after sometime like many window$ power users does.you have to "unlearn" window$ to gain GNU/Linux :)

OP
j1n M@tt

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
am now using Ubuntu on VMware inside WinXP SP3 for getting Internet throu my WILL BSNL, b'coz it needs driver for USB interface :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You did a right thing! Get a feel of Linux first thru virtualization.. you'll then know how to administer a Linux system :) After you are comfortable with it, you can haf a native install if you wish.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Oh.. are you stuck with the tata indicom/erliance ones? I think their premium models are supported by TATA/reliance. Why don't you get in touch with them? Not sure tho.. coz their usb devices are supported in linux, afaik.

praka123

left this forum longback
@Jinsu:
*209.85.141.104/linux?q=cache:sB7zU...nce-HOWTO.pdf+LG+WLL+modem&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom