A new Graphic card from the US

d3p

PowerHouse
^ i wish i would have born so lucky like you.

the Airports like Paris, Frankfurt, Bangalore, NYC are the most hunted areas that i have ever been through.

Anyway, worst scenario's are always better than assumptions.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I am definitely very lucky bro. I love my parents dearly for all they have provided me, and continue to provide.

Just follow the rules and submit everything required during security checks. Nobody has the time to bug you for using more than two cellphones.

How could I forget Bengaluru lol?!

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Guys, its black friday today. No exceptional deals yet. Im planning to get the Sapphire HD6850. Aditya Infotech honours the RMA in india so that is not a problem.

Stupid dollar is Rs52.5 :| Im getting the HD 6850 for 7k. So saving around 2.5k. Is this a good deal? Im thinking of going for it. I doubt I'll get this card for so less anytime in next 4 months atleast. Ive never spent more than 5k for a graphic card before, so I want the best bang for my buck. Pls suggest.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If shipping is manageable then OK, but if it ends up costing 10k including shipping and import fees deposit then you are better off here.

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
4 months and no game game :(
How about I sell off the card then? ;)

Sam, the thing is that I will be getting very busy after 3 months...so wont have much time to game then. Even I was thinking of directly jumping to HD7xxx series..but a quick calculation made me realise that I'll still have to wait 3-4 months for HD7xxx to come within my reach :| I'm already missing out on games like BF3,rage,skyrim,mw3 :O

If shipping is manageable then OK, but if it ends up costing 10k including shipping and import fees deposit then you are better off here.
My friend is gonna get it. So no extra costs

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
oops, my bad. i read that 4month you mentioned as delivery time. sorry. :oops: well go for it. but why not go directly for HD6870 if budget permits?

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Sam, I wish I could order the HD6870. But the dollar has grown in price and my friend said that he will rebate "mostly". I cant risk overshooting my budget if things go wrong. Also the only 2 6870s that fall in my budget are of powercolor and xfx. I doubt their quality and powercolor wont honor international warranty over here. XFX==rashi (need I say more :p )

I spoke to a guy at techenclave who had his Sapphire 6870 RMA'ed by aditya infotech after getting from US.

Anyway HD6850 should be enough at my resolution na? I'll put MSAA off in bf3 if required, since amd cards take a hit in that department.
Also Im getting HD6850 with rebate @ 6850/- ;) I wouldnt get a HD6770 here for same price :p Without rebate(less chance) I'll have to pay 7.5k which is still 2k less than here

I'm upgrading from a low power 9800GT. This should be a good jump!! :D

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Ok guys I got the card ordered!!
Officially owner of a Sapphire HD6850 now :D

Damages Rs.7230/-
Will get my hands on it Dec 10. Though will use it only after 18th :| Got exams :(
But I doubt I'll study for my last 2 pprs :p

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Ok Guys Im too happy today!! My card had arrived on 15th Dec, But I got my hands on it today coz I had my exams :p and I knew If I took the card then I wud be spending time playing games! :D

But finally the day has come! Exams over and full on gaming!! Im gonna be isolating myself from the world for a few days :D !!!
Im the proud owner of a new sparkling Sapphire HD 6850!!
Damages Rs.7300/- (Atleast 2k lesser than over here)
The card was bigger than I expected and it makes my mATX mobo look like a coaster. Wow what a feeling!! It was a young preteen nerdy dream that has finally been fulfilled today! My first true high-end card (from the money I saved over months) and also not to forget the PSU upgrade earlier :p
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. I will post pics later...my hands are itching for BF3,Arkham City, Skyrim.....so on.

Top Bottom