A mini (HT)PC for my torrent downloads. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panchu

Broken In
I wish to build a mini budget PC/HTPC for my torrent downloads and that alone. Not sure if a Raspberry Pi can fulfill all my needs nor that I can set it up properly. :p Help me with something in a budget, read lowest, with low power consumption, a mini LCD screen? Its kinda urgent.

Imvikky18

Broken In
I wish to build a mini budget PC/HTPC for my torrent downloads and that alone. Not sure if a Raspberry Pi can fulfill all my needs nor that I can set it up properly. :p Help me with something in a budget, read lowest, with low power consumption, a mini LCD screen? Its kinda urgent.
Why would you need HT(PC) for torrents... Sometime back I had utilised my old unused Dell Axim PDA for carrying out torrent downloads using Windows Mobile torrent client... I had placed the device next to my wifi router and even plugged it in same point only problem I had was to connect wirelessly to the Windows mobile PDA using Wifi Connection twice a day to clear my SD card which was 4Gb capacity... If I would miss that the download would stop... You can think on those lines... Use a disused Android/Windows Device... Why spend for a new rig just for torrents....

PS:- Ask me I may sell the PDA for second hand deal as well... Just get a higher capacity card...

OP
Panchu

Panchu

Broken In
Please talk to me abt the Raspberry Pi. :)
I really wish to get one for myself and make it work!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get intel atom kit(processor+mobo) for ~3000,2gb ram for for ~700,your old/used sata hdd,cheap cabinet with smps/psu for ~700,old/used lcd monitor for ~2-3000 & you are good to go.

You have already started a thread for the same purpose earlier and I recommended you to get Raspberry Pi, and here you are saying "Please talk to me abt the Raspberry Pi. " What are you upto?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Continue at the old thread:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...-mini-pc-internet-torrent-downloads-help.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom