A Hindi Digit Mag !! What's your say

Do you think Digit should start a magazine in Hindi?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ there is more to that.

it's actually called Winxp Laloo edition and there are three login id's

1) Laloo
2) Rabri (rabdi to be precise)
3) Hamri Bhains

:)

anyways, Back to topic. as I said earlier, those who are able to understand technical terms, I think they won't feel any difficulty in understanding plain english.

blondie

Broken In
Rubbish! you don't understand English, make an effort to learn it and learn it.

There are no two ways here, English is a must in the information age, board the train or stay back, your choice.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
omg...this idea is seriously crazy..i am not against the language but tech in hindi is not feasible...lets just try to come up with Marathi,Guju,Bengali,mallu,konkani..lol..the list will go on... :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
yeh CM690 ka nirmaan (build quality) badhiya hai. hawa itna aata hain ki kisi bhi yantr ko thanda rakhta hai :)

^^ that sucks, right?

HAHAHHAHAHAA....Oh dude..that was nice..would be nice to see this on digit mag...Cm690 is awesome... :)

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
here comes the hindi version of microsoft windows xp :)

*img246.imageshack.us/img246/1596/hahar.jpg

:D :D

Lolz......!! :lol:

Well peoples of many states can speak and understand hindi but doesn't knw to read/write hindi.

This wont b a gud idea to move India's No. 1 tech mag to b publish in hindi.

And I'm sure tat a person who uses technology in his daily life knows atleast tat much english.

Mobiles to rickshaw-walas bhi use karte hain...!! Par I think use technology se koi lena dena nahin hai...!!

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
then i want it in gujarati, marathi, tamil, telugu too..
South people will say we dont know hindi make it in tejugu.. ;)

its not possible to translate and understand tech terms in native lang..

din

Tribal Boy
Digit already had an Hindi version when they were Chip, probably discontinued due to limited audience.

Yes, I remember their ads of the 'Hindi' version in the Chip magazine long back.

Regarding the topic, there are few IT magazines in Malayalam. I checked one of the magazines at my friend's place and it was good. I mean for people who are old and can't learn / understand English much it may help.

But for the new generation, English magazines will be a better option as it will be easy for them.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
God.. what kind fools are using this forum now?...
already people typing in their native language is irritating for most. They do it even though others request not to.

If one cant use/read/understand english properly. better not go into this at all.
After some basic knowledge about tech in native languages, One has to upgrade to english one time or the other. If he wants to be good at it.

or make a compiler in hindi. then say make a mag in hindi.

din

Tribal Boy
@m-jeri

Some of your comments are bit harsh it seems !

As you aware of the malayalam computing, movements in the unicode section and things like that, common man should also know and benefit from IT and computers. It is not just for people who know English. I am not talking about youngsters for whom it is very easy to learn English and also IT/Computers. I am talking about the common man, old people etc. For people like that, it will help if a magazine is there in the regional language.

We can't teach people everything in regional language. But there are things which they can learn in their regional language which help them in the field of IT. Remember, FF has international versions with a very long list of regional languages.

But typing in another language in this forum, I agree it is not a good idea. As many people will not be able to understand it.

OP
P

Prabal Pratap

Team Digit
Technology,like music doesn't have a language.Countries like China & Japan have softwares and other tech stuff in their own native languages.You can't even imagine how many lives the Digit Team would touch by bringing a product in Hindi.Let these Hindi hinterland people taste the advent of technology and then they'll decide for their preferred language.
A magazine like Digit will not only showcase the reviews and product descriptions but could cover the Career options in IT field , Where to source Govt.info,tutorials and stuff.
This will surely help the students who uses Hindi language as sole medium till their graduation or so. The opportunities are immense.....we need to give it a thought though..

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thn y hindi???

Make it in oriya, tamil, bengali etc etc

Peoples of many states doesn't knows to read/write hindi.

As we cant make them learn english who doesnt know in d same way we cant make them learn to read/write hindi.

Ya but if u r saying of a copy which will contain some preliminary technology to make olders/illiterates learn about technology or how tech can help thm (size is sumthng like FT) thn its ok.

But ditching the current one and completely moving to hindi is impossible thinking.

OP
P

Prabal Pratap

Team Digit
The Hindi Digit will be a product extension of Original Digit and not its transformation.Moreover,Hindi is national language because it is understood by 43% of population which any other vernacular medium doesn't match..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
As none of u have read my previous posts, let me ask the OP a few questions.
1>Who told u Hindi is our national language? There is still debate on this.
2>How did u calculate 43% figure?
3>Who are the target audience for Hindi Mag?

Emotional reasons doesn't stand in business. They are here to business and to make profit. Can u show any reason that hindi digit mag would be a profitable venture?

U say 43% understand hindi does it mean 43% can READ hindi?
And If Digit is printed in hindi they would BUY?

And, only one way I can find a hindi mag from Digit or (9.9 media) is a suppliment copy with main mag, or test prints of max 10 to 12 pages as a different mag+huge advertising. (b/w why don't Digit advertise in Print and telemedia. They will be first to do so and will be able create enough curiosity among viewers :rolleyes: )
I don't think, a full fledged Hindi Digit would be possible at once without doing a market research.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well an annual Hindi magazine release would be great. First they can begin with Hindi, then extend to other langauges like Oriya, Bengali, Gujarati, etc.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Technology,like music doesn't have a language.Countries like China & Japan have softwares and other tech stuff in their own native languages.You can't even imagine how many lives the Digit Team would touch by bringing a product in Hindi.Let these Hindi hinterland people taste the advent of technology and then they'll decide for their preferred language.
A magazine like Digit will not only showcase the reviews and product descriptions but could cover the Career options in IT field , Where to source Govt.info,tutorials and stuff.
This will surely help the students who uses Hindi language as sole medium till their graduation or so. The opportunities are immense.....we need to give it a thought though..

Let the people of the Hindi hinterland learn English. I do not think it is an unreasonable demand in this day and age. It is sad that they have to use Hindi as their sole medium of graduation. These short sighted education policies have been scrapped in Kerela, if I am not mistaken. You now have a choice between English medium and Malayalam medium of education even in government schools. Our Karnataka government, like you Hindi speaking government, is still obsessed with Kannada medium. I do not know when they'll wake up and smell the coffee. They are not even able to accept a ruling of the Supreme Court of India, which clearly stated that a choice of medium of instruction is for parents to make.

As none of u have read my previous posts, let me ask the OP a few questions.
1>Who told u Hindi is our national language? There is still debate on this.
2>How did u calculate 43% figure?
3>Who are the target audience for Hindi Mag?

U say 43% understand hindi does it mean 43% can READ hindi?
And If Digit is printed in hindi they would BUY?

1> Yes it isn't. Our constitution specifies a national bird, flower, etc. but not a national language. As far as language goes it mentions - two official languages, english and hindi. There is no mention of the primacy of hindi over english. And in case the OP did not know, the founding fathers of this great country, in their infinite wisdom, chose to write the constitution which guarantees all our freedoms, in English.

OP
P

Prabal Pratap

Team Digit
We celebrated 63 years of Independence and there is still is illiteracy and vernacular medium dominance in most of the states.So,how many more years we need to wait for the Govt. to make the policies and educated these people in English.

Why Hindi?
I repeat ,because its still understood by most people in India,the number is bigger than any other vernacular language,spoken in almost all north Indian states..Jammu & kashmir,HP,Punjab,Haryana,UP,Uttarakhand,MP,Bihar,Jharkhand,Delhi & even northern part of Orissa.
So why not try it out with a larger populace ? The other languages like Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam will follow once the response is impressive.

Once people start reading the elements of their interest ,they surely will try to learn the language which will make them understand the same in a better way.

We all English speaking class has a bias and want others to compete and understand our views in English only.
Why don't we (Digit Team / Tech Enthusiasts) reach them first instead of they first learn English and reach us(Tech Knowledge)

PP

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@Din...

sometimes you need see beyond words to know what they mean..and i am sure i expressed the correct information..

its not at all harsh. it was direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom