A good Audio Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
hi guys....im looking for a good audio converter...i knw there are thousands of them out there but there is something pecular i want.

the thing is that i have songs which are encoded in 320KBPS...now as you knw this takes up lot of space...so i want to convert it to lower kbps...128 or 192. the thing is that when i convert it, the song goes totally out of sync and either it becomes fast or slow.

is there any way i can do it without hampering the length of the song.

im able to put only 150 songs on my 1 gb ipod thats why looking for a converter.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
^^thanks
Moreover, pls tell me if any special settings need to be done before converting...

utsav

damn busy...
I like nero encoder coz i encode audio files to mp3pro at 96kbps which plays in all pmps without any problem.aac and ogg wont play in pmps

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
thxxx guys..i downloaded dbpoweramp and installed the aac codec....btw can someone tell what should the ideal bitrate be...\

now my songs are in 320kbps...wat shud i make it into 128 or 192...will i lose the sound quality or will the song become shorter/longer?

utsav

damn busy...
If u encode 2 mp3 then no lower than 128 kbps but if u r encoding 2 to mp3pro then 80kbps will be good.i suggest mp3pro

src2206

In the zone
You could also try Audacity. Its a full fledged Audio Editor and mixer and provides excellent output and has a lot of customization option. I have used it earlier to do a same job as yours and the results were outstanding.

dBPoweramp is very good but it is not completely free whereas Audacity is completely free and uses Open Source audio codecs.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
hi guys....im looking for a good audio converter...i knw there are thousands of them out there but there is something pecular i want.

the thing is that i have songs which are encoded in 320KBPS...now as you knw this takes up lot of space...so i want to convert it to lower kbps...128 or 192. the thing is that when i convert it, the song goes totally out of sync and either it becomes fast or slow.

is there any way i can do it without hampering the length of the song.

im able to put only 150 songs on my 1 gb ipod thats why looking for a converter.

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/58.gif
use Media Monkey. as far as i guess d latest version is 2.5.5. it is given in some dvd of didit and its free.
whats good is it completely syncs with ipod (and u dont even need itunes).

a very good player too.

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/111.gif

*www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

Last edited:

Peter99

Right off the assembly line
For the sake of having one more choice.... FlexiMusic Audio Editor and Converter. It converts audio at bitrate of 128 with good sound quality.

Milkshake

Banned
Microphone is the best audio converter. It converts Analog Audio to Digital. You people do not have any idea ab out technology!!! 2 years and still you people are same!!

mittyr

silentFOX
+1 for Audacity

and ter's always "foorbar2000" - just need to get the plug-ins for conversion almost all of the known formats ;-)

Justing adding info...now only saw its an old thread ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom