A Gaming and 3D Application PC

kamalesh

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans: Mainly Gaming and 3D content creation . League of Legends,world of warcraft ,maya , vue , zbrush ,UDK,photoshop are the applications i use
i can run these already but i want to run them at high graphics mode and for applications i want them to run smoothly , also record games using fraps .Currently my pc overheats and restarts if i use fraps while gaming .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 40-50k ( can manage if it exceeds )

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:Windows 7 ( Windows 8 dual boot maybe )

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1TB - 2TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:i want to buy a monitor ,anything more than 20 inches

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: i plan to buy everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: March 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:No , i prefer branded ..mainly acer and asus

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Chennai , i prefer to browse online and buy from local shops

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: is this the right time to buy a computer , are there any new models of components ( such as processors ) coming up >?

Preferred Graphics : 2gb

Preferred Ram : 16gb

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
AMD FX 6200
ASUS M5A97
GSKILL 2x 4GB RipJAWS RAM
WD 1 TB CB HDD
ASUS DVD RW
Corsair GS600
Creative 2.0 speakers
LOGITECH MK200 combo
Benq G222HDL
V Guard 600 VA UPS
Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB
NZXT Gamma
The total comes to 53k. If you can manage get this. HD 7850 would be perfect for 1080P gaming. Wait for others suggestions.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Kamalesh

Get the above config that Sainatarajan suggested except the processor. Change it to amd fx 8350. You will get a huge boost in 3d content creation. '
For the graphics card, 7850 2gb is a great choice for your work considering its gaming performance and compute ability. Maya and photoshop cs6 has open-cl
acceleration and you'll definitely benefit from a 7850.

Processor-AMD FX 8350 - 12.5K ( Available for 11.5k at nehru place delhi. Ask locally for this price)
MotherBoard - Asus M5A97 - 6.5K
Gpu - Sapphire 7850 2gb -14k
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 8GB CL9 1600 MHz DDR3 (8GB X 2) @ 5.4K
Hdd - WD blue 1 tb @ 4.3k
Cabinet - BitFenix Merc Alpha @ 3k
Psu - Corsair CX600-V2 @ 3.9k
Monitor - AOC LED 22" (I-2251FWE) IPS panel (1920x1080 LED) - 8.2k
Ups- Microtex 1kva - 3.5k
Optical Drive - Asus 24X DVD R/W SATA @ 1k

Well its close to 62k now but its perfect for your work imo. Since you said the increase in budget is manageable for your purpose, do let us know if you're comfortable with this config pricewise.

OP
K

kamalesh

Right off the assembly line
yes thanks for the reply guys , iam looking for options ..u guys gave me too ..ill wait for more before i decide ..yes price im comfortable with ...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Go with the suggestion given by Vickybat. In Multi-threaded applications (Most of the software you've listed come within this category), FX-8350 does not have any competition at the same price point.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Why not get a cabby with 3.0 USB?? like Crosair 300R

Corsair 300R - Corsair: Flipkart.com

or

Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

Got some nice reviews you know...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Or OP can opt for NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.6K. It also offers 1 USB 3.0 port in Front panel.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch Monitor with LED

This for monitor??

AOC LED 22" (I-2251FWE) has 14 ms response time i think this has 7 ms(not much price difference,,,)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well 14ms response is not actually a good value. Better opt for the Dell Monitor. quality wise also the dell one is better.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Yup . FX 8350 is a great processor for those apps. Get it. I chose FX 6200 coz it was in ur budget . If you can get it.

Top Bottom