A big qn! Which Programming Language To Learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
william

william

Journeyman
BTW after this discussion i also think that it of no use to learn vb, i mean since all the code generated. and o be good programmer one's concepts must be clear and he should have logical thinking, the languages like c++, c#etc just squeeze up your brain in finding a small mistake.they uses most of your brain and i think thats the good thing.

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
better to go 4 java,but 1st just clear out all d concept of cpp,then its easy to learn java,and if u will b compliting is successfully,then c# beings not a big problem to u, oracle + java's combination is on demand now,so database shoud also b strong enough,so go 4 oracle also,as far as vb is concern,its easy to learn,so sideby u cn do that also,not much time is required for that,and be a compitative in nature,its nothing but "struggle for existance"....existace in the software field.....so best luck....

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
How much time it will take to learn JAVA (I know it depends on individual but then also...) ? Also for VB.NET ?

I know C, C++ & VB and little bit about assembly.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
mediator said:
I wont call visual basic a language....coz all the code is generated automatically and u have to code only a little and relate the buttons only!!
Well learn java straight away. Try to learn it slow...but will do good! Besides u can learn perl too!! But learn one and master it!!
hey whenever u say a program to be a programming langage it should qualify for three properpies

1)sequence
2)selection contrains
3)iteration

AFAIK, vb qualifies for these

anniyan

Texan
n2casey said:
How much time it will take to learn JAVA (I know it depends on individual but then also...) ? Also for VB.NET ?

I know C, C++ & VB and little bit about assembly.

if u know C++ then its very easy to learn java (OOPS concept). I guess within 1 month (assuming u r committed to learn :) ) you can master JAVA

morpheusv6

Journeyman
I already know C and C++. Any good books to further improve my skils in the subject(to develop GUI programs with mouse pointer). Also I have heard that VC++ is helpful in doing the above stuff.
Please mention books and compiler/editors for the same.

Thanks.
:)

kk_k2k

Broken In
I completely agree with Mr.rajwansh2003 since its the basic of all other language.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Since u r from india i would suggest try all the series from Mr.yashwant kanetkar....

Starting from Getting started with C....Test ur C skills....... Working with C..... Pointers in C.... everything is mind blowing...

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
You can go for C#(.net) or java both are equally good platforms for application development.
Dont get confused by microsoft haters replies:D

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
You can go for C#(.net) or java both are equally good platforms for application development.
Dont get confused by microsoft haters replies:D
@OP
yes. you can go for C#(.NET) and ignore all the other OS users (Mac, Linux) and create Windows only apps or you can go for Java and create almost platform independent applications. Don't believe someone suggesting platform independent C#(.NET), coz that will create more trouble.

Since you are learning C++, you may want to try QT for GUI programming and master C++ all the way. Or you can also go for WxWidgets.

I guess you are committed to learn, so don't fall into the M$ trap with the ease of starting. Also don't fall for J#.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom