A big qn! Which Programming Language To Learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william

Journeyman
Guys I want to start a programming language and i need your opinion, can u suggest which language should i learn from the following:-
1 VB.NET
2 C#.NET
3 Visual Basic

Presently i am learning C++ and i have completed 50% of it.
I have one more question what all should you know to write a simple antivirus program, (or a one which functions like that) from C++.
Please give reason for your choice.

Last edited:
OP
william

william

Journeyman
Re: A bigggggggg!! question?

Thanks guys but i still expect some more answers . What dou think the which is the future language what is it position today, i mean how much it is preffered.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl

You can learn Java first. C# is just ditto copy of Java with some modifications!!!
Microsoft was too worried about Java's success , so they copied Java's API & created
C#, which runs only in Windows; Java is cross-platform, it runs in Windows, Solaris,
Mac OS, Linux, AIX, etc.,

rajwansh2003

Journeyman

C is a basic lang. go for it i u have the idea of C++ then C will be most easy and with their combination Java will become easy.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl

@Williams, Here is a big help.
Learn & master C, then C++ , now JAVA (Java is inherits some parts of C++),
C# ( It's ditto Java copy with some minor differences!!).
Also learn & master Oracle RDBMS. That will do!!

k_blues24

Journeyman

2 Wiliam,
Friend as u going to complete C++, u may go for Java as well as .Net the diff between two is Java is platform independent it can be run on any OS such as Win, Linux, Solaris etc. & .Net is only for Window based system both of them have equal scope. The choice is urs.

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !

k_blues24 said:
2 Wiliam,
Friend as u going to complete C++, u may go for Java as well as .Net the diff between two is Java is platform independent it can be run on any OS such as Win, Linux, Solaris etc. & .Net is only for Window based system both of them have equal scope. The choice is urs.

Man, .NET apps are platform independent too .

ilugd

Beware of the innocent

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Man, .NET apps are platform independent too .

microsoft doesn't support .NET on Linux now, does it? Mono is an open source initiative. But since it is not developed by the promoter of .NET it is always going to stay one step behind.

royal

Padawan

JGuru said:
You can learn Java first. C# is just ditto copy of Java with some modifications!!!
Microsoft was too worried about Java's success , so they copied Java's API & created
C#, which runs only in Windows; Java is cross-platform, it runs in Windows, Solaris,
Mac OS, Linux, AIX, etc.,

Microsoft may have been worried by the success of JAVA, but there's more to .Net than C# , which does not singularly represent .Net...there's VB.Net and VC++.Net as well :cool:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, after MS's intial failure, they moved their strategy to Net finally!! And .Net
framework was born!! Only the web applications stays in the race with Java & not
the desktop applications. Since JAVA applications are platform independent.
Microsoft won't build C# VM's for other platforms; since their biggest money grosser
is Windows O.S , followed by Office suite. MS wants all to use Windows , so that it
can make more money!!

mediator

Technomancer
I wont call visual basic a language....coz all the code is generated automatically and u have to code only a little and relate the buttons only!!
Well learn java straight away. Try to learn it slow...but will do good! Besides u can learn perl too!! But learn one and master it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom