98% Windows PCs at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
I have never had a "major" virus attack where reinstallation of the OS is required...was in a spot of bother in vista once..the "shut down" and "restart" buttons were disabled but running hijackthis and carefully eliminating the bad process fixed it...Since then ive had kaspersky and no virus attacks at all

mickiedaniels

Right off the assembly line
I have never had problems with my OS, and it has been 6 months! I think the key is to be careful and pay attention to what you are clicking!]

:cool:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
i should say that GAMES should be developed for linux , linux should be more enhanced ,it is an open source the viruses can be easily determined and hacking free .

threat level is very less in linux

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Why are the other 2% not at risk?
Because they have the newest version of nero installled.

The company considered a programme “insecure” if a newer version -- correcting at least one security flaw -- was available but not installed on the user's system.

The survey itself is idiotic.

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
These survey companies can do anything and publish any idiotic headline to be noticed in the media.

aura

Sync dreams to reality
well to me the figure of 98% is too overated.

Yes, I do agree that software updates matters very much but still that does not mean like a single uncommitted update can destroy your system.

Keep your Antivirus & Antispyware fully updated and you have a negligible change of a system crash.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
my exp states that

third party patches works better than Mfg's

those 2% unpatched system are freq reinstalled bare bone pc used by Govt officials who type with single finger !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom