90% of Indians are fools: Justice Katju

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anna Hazare does not have "scientific solutions" for the country's evils, Press Council of India chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju said on Saturday. "Anna Hazare is an honest man, a man of integrity. But he does not have scientific ideas. He wants to deal with alcoholism by tying an alcoholic to a tree and whipping him. Is that a scientific solution?" Katju asked. He said he had not spoken about Hazare in the past to avoid being branded a supporter of corruption, though he had delivered several anti-corruption verdicts.

He said that a majority of Indians vote on caste or communal lines. "Ninety per cent of people in India are fools. Their minds are full of superstitions, communalism and casteism. They elected Phoolan Devi to Parliament since she belonged to a backward caste."

Katju was speaking at the convocation of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan' Sardar Patel College of Communications & Management. The institute conferred the Distinguished Alumnus award to Vinod Sharma, political editor of Hindustan Times. It also honoured RK Mukkar, a former editor with Morning Echo, which was published by HT, as a Distinguished Faculty. Sharma advocated self-regulation in the media, the way chartered accountants and the medical fraternity does.

Katju said he was the media's "fiercest critic" as well as "its strongest supporter". While maintaining that the media devotes 90% of its time to cover entertainment and other non-issues like cricket, Bollywood, celebrities and astrology, Katju suggested it instead focus on "real issues like unemployment, poverty, malnourishment and lack of health and educational opportunities".

90% of Indians are fools: Justice Katju - Hindustan Times

nx112

Broken In
He said truth that "Most of the Indian vote on the basis of Casteism by having a belief that a person from their caste will only solve his problem and no one other can.This thing is because of only one thing i.e. illiteracy ,the politicians take profit of that thing and put fear in people's mind.That is really a very bad thing.

I salute what ANNA HAZARE is doing for our country but i feel that these politicians are not like Britishers who will leave by just Non-violent appeal and march ,I feel that the condition of our Country will not going to be change until we all become frustrated by these peoples and after that we have to came out of our houses and become violent on them(do 5th degree torture to them) and take them out by ourselves.THAT DAY INDIA WILL CERTAINLY BECOME A GREAT COUNTRY.

I guess All of you have heard this song atleast once in your life "hai preet jahan ki reet sada" from film "purab aur paschhim" ,i just love the beginning when the song says
" जब जीरो दिया मेरे भारत ने, भारत ने मेरे भारत ने,
दुनिया को तब गिनती आई।
तारों की भाषा भारत ने, दुनिया को पहले सिखलाई।
देता न दशमलव भारत तो, यूँ चाँद पे जाना मुश्किल था ।
धरती और चाँद की दूरी का अंदाजा लगाना मुश्किल था ॥
सभ्यता जहाँ पहले आई, पहले जन्मी हैं जहाँ पे कला ।
अपना भारत वो भारत है, जिस के पीछे संसार चला ।
संसार चला और आगे बड़ा, यूँ आगे बड़ा, बढता ही गया,
भगवान् करे यह और बड़े, बढता ही रहे और फूले फले ॥

YEH SAB CHEEZEN SABKO SIKHAATE SIKHAATE INDIA KHUD HI BHOOL GAYA HAI(because of so much greedy people in India who can anything for money like aur politicians,some high class people,television actresses ,media too )
Hope ALL GOES WELL SOON.(PLEASE DON'T BANNED ME )

Sujeet

Undead!!!
YEH SAB CHEEZEN SABKO SIKHAATE SIKHAATE INDIA KHUD HI BHOOL GAYA HAI(because of so much greedy people in India who can anything for money like aur politicians,some high class people,television actresses ,media too )
Hope ALL GOES WELL SOON.(PLEASE DON'T BANNED ME )

Just the actresses.???:razz::mrgreen:

clmlbx

Technomancer
I totally agree with him. For news channel I can not agree enough. news channel have some social responsibility despite of them private and commercial, but they just forget society and just thinks commercial.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
what he says is perfectly true i guess....ranging from anna hazare to media..he is right in some aspects...

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Anna's approach to the problem is not practical.
Most of Not-so-Fool of us already knew it from the beginning.:razz:

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^I agree it's not practical but I agree with him, It is a sharp curve and if you want smooth curve then you will have to wait another decade at least.. I don't want that.

But he will have to compromise on PM inclusion till some extent else there is no Lokpal

Sujeet

Undead!!!
He is the Shaker Of this movement no doubt over that.
He deserves respect for that.
Practicality of his approach is a different matter and thats what is being currently debated over by that Guy.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^percenatge of fools???
Lot of fools in our country then:razz:
BTW from where did u draw that stats.?

clmlbx

Technomancer
I will just say, yes, it is not practical but not even Impossible. For example

I say moment you read this post travel 2KM south, yes it is not practical at all but not impossible, you could & would if some one is in need. and here India is in need.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^No Pain No Gain.??
BTW thats right.I agree.:smile:
We are in need and anything required at this moment should be sought instead of criticizing it.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Anna's approach to the problem is not practical.
Most of Not-so-Fool of us already knew it from the beginning.:razz:

True that. Many of us knew from the beginning about the non-scientific approach of Team Anna. Also, Swami Ramdev's approach to Black money is way too much retarted. "Declare black money as national treasure" "Govt not doing anything to retrive black money from swiss bank" and stuff. Is it really easy? Is it really easy to negotiate with a bank which has around 3 tiers of administration in between (corrupt indian politicians -> Supreme Court of India -> Swiss Govt (if negotiations succeeds)-> Swiss bank ) Do you think it's practically possible to retrive so much in an instant? No.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
LOL. Dont bring back baba's way of dealing the problem.
It was an expected disaster.WORSE than Anna.Everybody know that...

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
So some time judisiary crosses its limit. katju thinks that he have brain only and remaining 12billions of us have no mind.btw i belong to d mirzapur district of uttarpradesh from where foolan devi was got elected.she get gangraped by people of upper cast so sympthy wave turns towards her, not because she is sheduled caste.

Sarath

iDota
I wonder how Justice Katju managed to meet a billion people to come to that conclusion.

However we can come to an easy conclusion that he himself is in the 90% of the people to have made such a foolish statement.

But by virtue of the above statement, even we are believing the 90% statistic and hence making a fool of ourselves.

In short, this is a trap. Don't fall for it.

Anna Hazare is just another human like the rest of us. Stop trolling him.

Easy to criticise, difficult to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom