8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Not possible ATM..iPhone 3G without contract in US costs about 27k in INR..First-gen iPhones are not being manufactures/sold anymore.

Even if its first generation phone, if its for 17K, it definitely looks worth it. :)
Is warranty valid for it ?

No. They are not sold anymore.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This is fake & crap news...

31K is insane with a contract....It will definitely retail around 14K as far as I feel....

Its Daddy Airtel and Mommy Vodafone.........:lol: How can 2 moms give birth to a son....:lol:
surrogate mother ?

Cown iAudio media players in the market where it sells as a high quality media player, .
Cowon A3 and other variants are kickass devices, plays HD videos and even without the need for format conversion. Touchscreen too.
Thats just fckuin brilliant, am waiting for the time to own one soon \m/

*www.dabbledoo.com/ee/images/uploads/gadgetell/cowon-n3_425.jpg

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
More reasons to stay away from iPhone. Now who wants to use Samsung innov8?
I M just waiting for Win Mobile 7. It will bring GPU accelerated UI & more efficiency then there will be no use to go for iPhone

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
I think the price info is correct.

If they sell blackberry at 25k with a 1k monthly plan, then iPhone 3G could be sold for 31K along with approx. 1k monthly plan from both the carriers.

Lets hope this news to be false.

Keeping my fingures crossed till Aug 22.

goobimama

 Macboy
That site got what it wanted. Traffic. I say wait till the 22nd, or till Vodafone/Airtel puts up an official statement/ad about the price of the iPhone, then start the insanely great comments about this piece of junk phone.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Nopes dude.My friend got a call from Airtel.

It is 18k for the 8 gb version and 22k for the 16gb version.

Cheers.Now start sucking the iphone. :lol:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Nopes.They said its the "initial" price you have to pay for the connection and the phone.Thats it.More will be knwn later when Vodafone calls me. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/23.png

gauravsuneja

macaddict
i went to airtel west delhi office 2day the girl over there said 8gb -16k and 16gb 20 k but she told nothing about plans and told wait and watch till 22nd august

Pat

Beyond Smart
Lol! Continue speculating..Its fun to read these kind of rumors :D

Oh and btw, did you guys know that the CEO of apple India posts in User Comments on Indian tech sites :p Haha!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: iphone 3G Indian pricing out

Its not official yet. I still have some hopes. But if it is actually going to be so expensive, its bye bye iPhone for me :)
Well, then it really is bye bye iPhone for you. I’m sorry. :(

iPhone 3G Price for India Confirmed: Rs. 31,000 for 8GB!
by Milind Alvares
August 19, 2008

*smokingapples.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/iphone-3g4.jpg​

The 8GB iPhone’s price has been officially confirmed at Rs. 31,000 by the Imagine Store here in Goa, India. The 16GB version will cost you Rs. 37,000. The prices are final and bookings are now open, but they warn that there will be very limited stocks. This store will sell it only with Vodafone, but it is highly unlikely that the other telecom that brings the iPhone to India, Airtel, would have a different price.

So this finally answers the one question I’ve heard about seven thousand times in the past few weeks, “how much will the iPhone cost?” At the WWDC 2008 (which, for you non-Apple folk, stands for Worldwide Developers’ Conference), Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced that the price for the iPhone 3G across all countries would be either around $199 or less than that. This sent ripples across the globe and within minutes half the world was planning on buying one for themselves. However, the iPhone comes with a carrier lock-in for a period of at least two years and a minimum rental plan that puts its total cost of ownership well over $1500, at least in the US. In the UK and other places, carriers were even giving the phone free with their even more costly rental plans. Read more…

[Via Smoking Apples]

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Re: iphone 3G Indian pricing out

Well, then it really is bye bye iPhone for you. I’m sorry. :(

iPhone 3G Price for India Confirmed: Rs. 31,000 for 8GB!
by Milind Alvares
August 19, 2008

*smokingapples.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/iphone-3g4.jpg​

The 8GB iPhone’s price has been officially confirmed at Rs. 31,000 by the Imagine Store here in Goa, India. The 16GB version will cost you Rs. 37,000. The prices are final and bookings are now open, but they warn that there will be very limited stocks. This store will sell it only with Vodafone, but it is highly unlikely that the other telecom that brings the iPhone to India, Airtel, would have a different price.

So this finally answers the one question I’ve heard about seven thousand times in the past few weeks, “how much will the iPhone cost?” At the WWDC 2008 (which, for you non-Apple folk, stands for Worldwide Developers’ Conference), Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced that the price for the iPhone 3G across all countries would be either around $199 or less than that. This sent ripples across the globe and within minutes half the world was planning on buying one for themselves. However, the iPhone comes with a carrier lock-in for a period of at least two years and a minimum rental plan that puts its total cost of ownership well over $1500, at least in the US. In the UK and other places, carriers were even giving the phone free with their even more costly rental plans. Read more…

[Via Smoking Apples]

Thats the nlocked price.The locked version of the Iphone will be as i posted earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom