8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
This is a locked version. Except that it doesn't require a minimum contract of any kind. You can use any scheme of Vodafone or Airtel that you choose. The reason they cannot have a contract thing is that TRAI doesn't allow for such after sales recovery of cash. Maybe if that regulation is changed, the iPhone might become cheaper + contract.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
and what do you guys say about this
*www.toysgadget.com/we-have-the-airtel-iphone-3g-pricing/iphone

and did someone say Twice as fast ? ? ?*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/38.png

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
*www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-phones/vodafone-to-sell-iphone-3g-for-13k/43191/0

Now it's clear that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, tahoma, trebuchet MS][FONT=Verdana, Arial, tahoma, trebuchet MS]Vodafone[/FONT][/FONT] will ace the iPhone 3G launch in India to Airtel by a few days, making 18th of August the day of the launch. Some more info to come floating out of the rumor mill is that the price of the phone bundled with Vodafone will be around Rs 13,000 for the 8GB model.
*www.tech2.com/media/images/2008/Jul/img_78861_iphone_india_2_450x360.jpg​
My common sense says to believe this rumor only when it's confirmed, because it does seem too low a price for the iPhone 3G bundled with a plan.

You'll hear more from us as soon as we know

Pat

Beyond Smart
The reason they cannot have a contract thing is that TRAI doesn't allow for such after sales recovery of cash. Maybe if that regulation is changed, the iPhone might become cheaper + contract.

So you mean no telecom company in India can sell a phone on a fixed-plan contract :confused:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-phones/vodafone-to-sell-iphone-3g-for-13k/43191/0

Now it's clear that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, tahoma, trebuchet MS][FONT=Verdana, Arial, tahoma, trebuchet MS]Vodafone[/FONT][/FONT] will ace the iPhone 3G launch in India to Airtel by a few days, making 18th of August the day of the launch. Some more info to come floating out of the rumor mill is that the price of the phone bundled with Vodafone will be around Rs 13,000 for the 8GB model.
*www.tech2.com/media/images/2008/Jul/img_78861_iphone_india_2_450x360.jpg​
My common sense says to believe this rumor only when it's confirmed, because it does seem too low a price for the iPhone 3G bundled with a plan.

You'll hear more from us as soon as we know

Today is the 19th.no iphone yet.

Pat

Beyond Smart
*iphoneindia.gyanin.com/2008/08/19/zee-business-confirms-iphone-3g-price-rs25499/

Zee Business jumps on the bandwagon :D

If something looks too good to be true, it most probably is ;)

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
But still? If what Zee Business is reporting is indeed true, the Indian version of the iPhone is going to be cheaper than any other country in the world. Rs. 25,000 is absolutely the right price for a contract free iPhone!

Pat

Beyond Smart
But still? If what Zee Business is reporting is indeed true, the Indian version of the iPhone is going to be cheaper than any other country in the world. Rs. 25,000 is absolutely the right price for a contract free iPhone!

Not quite true. Its cheaper in Switzerland :) However, 25k is good for a contract-free phone.

a5hr1th

Right off the assembly line
I really hope all those rumours don't come true. But alas, here's proof:

*www.vodafone.in/iPhone/Pages/iPhone_details1.aspx

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, Airtel’s plans and prices are still TBA. We already knew these were gonna be Vodafone’s prices (I mean, SA reported them, after all—how could they’ve been false! :p). It’s those of Airtel which I’m eagerly anticipating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom