560 Ti issues with win 7 x64

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i am now trying a Zotac 560Ti(non-amp) 1GB card.
it shows ".. kernel mode driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered "
system freezes or gives BSOD

after searching in google it seems that it is a driver issue or win 7 compatibility issue.

Does any one have any solution to this, please share

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^Which driver version you are using??Its shows this problem when playing any games??Have you updated the Windows 7??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Un-install your current display driver - use driver Sweeper to remove any last remnants of the driver - download and install the latest version of display driver.

OP
avinandan012

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i was using 280.26

@Tenida i was not playing games , working on eclipse & browsing.

whoa! now no display is coming from the gfx card. Is the card dead or do i have a bad PCix 16 slot?

is there any software to know if PCIx16 working or not?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Check the card on some other computer to sure which one is faulty.Or check some other gfx card on your motherboard.

But before doing reset your cmos.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most probably the gpu gone kaput - send it for RMA but before that make sure about this though. Also clean the pci-e x16 slot and the card and put it once more and see what happens.

OP
avinandan012

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
tried but no display.

i think newer BIOS of my mobo has some problem. because i have tried three cards all were working fine before putting into my PC. After running in my PC after some time(15min or so) no display.

I think these(ver:2501,2701)bios are corrupting the cards.
Is that possible?
XFX 9600GT,SAPPHIRE 6950,ZOTAC 560Ti

for the 9600GT i can assure you guys that it works fine as i was using since 3years.Rest of these cards are brand new.

the onboard HD3200 is working flawlessly though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
after running 15 mins on your mobo those cards gone bad ???? or they are working fine on other rigs ???

Make sure that pci-e link frequency is set to 100Mhz in bios and the power connectors ( specially the 24 pin and gfx card plugs ) from the PSU is all ok - if possible try another psu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ fine - have you checked the psus pci-e 6/8 pin connectors ? To be sure test your rig with another psu. But if psus are fine then the mobos pci-e slot got screwed somehow.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I would recheck the wiring, earthing and the socket if I were you. The least you can do is cut the existing wiring joints at the back of the socket and put a new one. I assume you are using a surge protector as well?

Remove the system out of the case and then try booting with the GPU. This might help to narrow it down.

Top Bottom