5320 XM or N81??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokia6600

Broken In
guys, i need a serious advice on this one! ok, what i'm looking for are
Large amount of RAM!
Bigger screen than nokia 6600. if not, its ok.
NGAGE games and symbian software compatible
Camera is a no big deal so leave it apart.
EDGE,3G(atleast)
Wifi is not important to me
I've saved up 10k now, if n81 is what i have to go for, i have to save some more bucks. so guys help me on this one, please...
EDIT: i really rely on your opinion guys, Please Help...

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
here's the thing ... i used a 5610XM and its screen is almost the same dimension of the n81 ... jus got a 5320XM today ... the screen size wiill shock u initially cos i feel its a lil too small ... even the keys (ob , they cant be as big as tat of a slider) ... but after using it for 3 hours , i'm getting used to it ... and all i can say is , this fone rocks ... 5320XM ... brilliant for its price ... u've got 10k ... take the fone ... save a lil more later and get an 8gb card ... u still wont get Wifi and GPS , but u'll get maps (which shud do in most cases) ... go for the 5320 bro :)

als2

Journeyman
here's the thing ... i used a 5610XM and its screen is almost the same dimension of the n81 ... jus got a 5320XM today ... the screen size wiill shock u initially cos i feel its a lil too small ... even the keys (ob , they cant be as big as tat of a slider) ... but after using it for 3 hours , i'm getting used to it ... and all i can say is , this fone rocks ... 5320XM ... brilliant for its price ... u've got 10k ... take the fone ... save a lil more later and get an 8gb card ... u still wont get Wifi and GPS , but u'll get maps (which shud do in most cases) ... go for the 5320 bro :)

can u tell me about battery life

Near my house, a store sells 5320XM for 10.2K with an extra 8GB memory card if you pay Rs. 800 more.

k4ce

Youngling
@ als2 , i picked it up yesterday ... came home and charged it fully ... been playing a lot wid it (apart from about 45mins of calls , 50-60sms , 2 hour of music) ... still shows half battery remaining .... i'm estimating it'll run till tomo morn ... wait for a few days .. will giv u exact picture

@metalheadgautham , i bought it for 10k exact in bangalore ... jus the 1gb nokia card ... nothing else :( .... but i wud rather bargain for a discount than use a slow local 8gb memory card ...

@als2 , i'm not really impressed wid the battery life ...1 and half days max if u use it like i do ... maybe will reduce brightness , decrease the timeout ... but its unlikely that i will get more than two days of backup ...

Last edited:

k4ce

Youngling
even the keyboard lacks the finish that u wud get for a fone that costs 10k ... so buy thye 5320 if u jus want a smartfone for as lil as possible or if u jus miss ur old n-gage QD (like me) .... if u are not keen on a smartfone , there are a lot of great fones around the 8k to 10k region that have better fit & finish , better battery backup and almost similar audio capabilities ...

@metalheadgautham , i bought it for 10k exact in bangalore ... jus the 1gb nokia card ... nothing else :( .... but i wud rather bargain for a discount than use a slow local 8gb memory card ...
He gives Transcend memory card BTW.

Actually that shop has this crazy offer. Buy any mobile supporting expandable memory and you get to buy 1 single extra memory card at the rate of Rs. 100/GB. But he won't sell 4GB card on phones supporting only 2GB for example.

But all phones are Rs. 200 more than usual market price from what I saw, so it somewhat makes up for his profits especially because most sales are for low end phones.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
guys, i really thank everyone of u for taking ur time to read n reply my topic thanks alot frends! so just that nokia has announced 5320XM's big brother 5630 XM, i intend to wait a while for its launch.. it offers a lil more better features than 5320xm, i'll wait sumtime for its launch. thanks frends!

sujoyp

Grand Master
R u sure u gonna wait coz its going to b released in Q2....and then too price and performance is not known....best of luck for purchase;);)

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
There is nothing new in 5630 except an improved camera and WLAN .Screen is still small and I think they are going to price it around 13-14k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom