500 TCS employees quit after annual appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Quit or sacked?:confused:

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/feb/05tcs.htm

Anyone here knows anyone who had this experience?
Is Cognizant following suit?:oops: Is it our turn next?:(
IBM has already started sacking.
I guess this is what happens when your main target is increasing employee numbers without giving them projects and compromising quality in the process.:(

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey looks like it's the same person posting the same thing twice! I know its kind of serious issue but do you have to post it twice?

praka123

left this forum longback
^OMG :rolleyes: yet to click on the brain :lol:

@luckystar:enable cleartype font-rendering in ur windows OS.it really hurts the eye ur screenshot :p

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
We should rather read "FORCED TO QUIT "
At least TCS is better than IBM...They at least give time to get better..

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I heard it was sacking , and that all of the guys had less than 2 years experience.
But then again, it was just what i heard from friends of friends ,
so no guarentees. :p

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I was in TCS around 2 years back. There the HR's main motive was to increase the headcount by any means, not look for quality.:(:mad:

Pathik

Google Bot
Can't rely on these Bulk recruiters anymore.
Seems I ll have to do Further studies after my Engg.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The situation is not-so-good for freshers either! 90% are not happy. Be it any IT Services company.

I was placed in TCS, but didn't join this year. Haf applied to universities for my higher education (MS). I'm happy with the decision I took :)

nix

well the situation is not that good i believe. i read in the newspaper that one woman employee of infy mysore committed suicide. the suspected cause seems to be work pressure. the article spoke about the inhumane work hours to freshers. and also spoke of high pressure training. it said that the training of 3 months was being completed in 1 month. indian IT companies bid for work at the lowest rates and pay their empolyees even less.

PraKs

Youngling
its not Quit but they are sacked.

They are been terminated based on their performance. If u dont perform well then u are out...

Well TCS has just kicked few..

IBM figure reaches at 5000...

Believe it..

Official.
*www.deccanherald.com/DeccanHerald.com/Content/Feb62008/scroll2008020650719.asp

sourav123

Thinking Different
It is good to have jobs than no jobs. As far as I know, all these companies are not good for freshers. But once you have some experience, you can make your way. IBM is still better than the Indian companies in terms of number of projects they get and the quality of projects.

Also to add, if you want less visibility but good brand value, go for big companies and if you want more visibility but do not care about brand value, go for startups. Both have their share of advantages and disadvantages.

hailgautam

Youngling
The IT companies hired every tom dick and harry earlier since they had the money. Though India produces the largest number of Engineers most of them are unemployable per global standards. But the software companies hired them coz they needed to show the numbers to potential customers.

Now since the US market is not doing well + US dollar is cheaper and cut throat competition, they are not able to pay these useless chaps who were on the bench perennially coz they can't do anything. And if you look at the total strength at 1 lakh above it is a small change. TCS still is very much like sarkari naukari, but you need to perform at least something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom