500 TCS employees quit after annual appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
The IT companies hired every tom dick and harry earlier since they had the money. Though India produces the largest number of Engineers most of them are unemployable per global standards.

on what basis can you say that ?

praka123

left this forum longback
^those with out a BE or MCA degree can perform very well esp BCA/B.Sc computer ppl.finally the work efficiency that is counted>

there are Engg grad benchies sitting in companies like infosys eternally :p

hailgautam

Youngling
@Pat: I have been observing transitions of work from US to India in some small to medium sized companies. I know how things work as I have been in the thick of it. I know a software engineer in a fairly sized co. who would not be able to even sign her name. Indians get work as they come cheap, and if you put 4 people for the same amount that you pay for one in US, there is 25% chance that you can get at least one person who knows how to do the things.

Pat

Beyond Smart
@Pat: I have been observing transitions of work from US to India in some small to medium sized companies. I know how things work as I have been in the thick of it. I know a software engineer in a fairly sized co. who would not be able to even sign her name. Indians get work as they come cheap, and if you put 4 people for the same amount that you pay for one in US, there is 25% chance that you can get at least one person who knows how to do the things.

ok fair enough to comment based on your experience..However, I believe that Indians get work not only because they come cheap but also because we are able to provide quality stuff. Perhaps there are countries where companies can get their work done even cheaper than India, but IMO cost/quality ratio of India is the lowest you can find in any other countries!

din

Tribal Boy
@hailgautam

Sorry to disagree with you in one point - that Indians get work only coz they are cheaper.

Absolutely wrong. Now this is from my 7 yr experience in web programming, project management and software exporting. The overseas clients look for low rate (of course) plus quality plus reliability. And most (yes the large majority, not like the ones you mentioned in our examples) comes under this and that is the reason.

Some companies may hire people who are not that good and some get in companies by pure luck, but thats not the majority and we can't generalise things only based on that. As you already know major/ big companies in Blore conduct 7 and 8 rounds of interviews before they appoint any. That was before this recession too.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Lol! I have made the same point! Read my post carefully and see who said what :)

vaithy

In the zone
its not Quit but they are sacked.

They are been terminated based on their performance. If u dont perform well then u are out...

Well TCS has just kicked few..

IBM figure reaches at 5000...

Believe it..

Official.
*www.deccanherald.com/DeccanHerald.com/Content/Feb62008/scroll2008020650719.asp

It is not merely TCS.. but others are starting the exercise already(WIPRO,INFOSYS ETC.,)... some of them given training for three months but only worked two months ,now declared on bench. Two months is hardly a standard assesment for a fresher..
Let me explain... post graduates who known Indian financial rules were given USA financial rules training than put them under work for USA firm..Recent mortgage crisis folded many USA clients firms SO the freshers are given boot...What TCS did was worse things than a dismissal.. because the employees have no labour laws protection.. No legal protection.. no EPF protection...( EPF subscribtion have been detected from their salary but they will not entitle refund as per company rules they are under six month work, so they can save the EPF contribution on employees..

vaithy

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't know.....why they are going on recruiting peoples...knowing..that they have been saturated/overloaded....with peoples...

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
The problem lies with the recruitment procedure as well..
Most of the times..the recruiters give priorities towords your smartness,assertiveness , communication skill...all sorts of soft skills in short but ignores the technical abilities..

but after you get the job ..its the hard skills that comes on to play..so people who got the job because they are skinny smart generally kicked out first if they cant perform.

Corruption is also a case. You see bulk recruitement from a particuler college becoz most of the times the HR person who is sent to recruit have been properly bribed.

And to add to that fury..I just came to know that i asansol eng college..most of the recruitements of IBM and Infy have been cancelled..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom